Dry Lips

aloize

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but....
Has anyone had really dry lips on this diet? For about 4 weeks now My lips feels really sore and red (don't worry they don't look gross or anything). I keep slapping on the lip balm and E45 at night but doesn't seem to work. Just wondered if it was just me or the diet.
Also if anyone has some good remedies?

thanks

;)

Mine skin in general is a bit dryer so could be?
Well done on your loss and how lovely to be at goal for your wedding. i hope all your plans are going well x

Yep I do - I go through stages of feeling really dry - skin and lips. It does come and go for me and like you I slap on the moisturiser and I drink loads. I had it during week 2 and it has started again now at the end of week 5. I also feel really thirsty at the same time - I have had about 5ltrs of water already today.

No miracle remedy I am afraid, I just take it as a sign that the diet is working! You will have to slather on the lip gloss on your wedding day - what is that just a month away now - you must be very excited (and very busy)!!!

My skin is a lot dryer since starting CD, I just exfoliate more and douse in moisturiser.

Lips wise they were very dry at start, but drinking a lot of water, lip balm and some vitamin E oil at night helps a lot too.

My lips are very dry at the minute, i have been on the diet 9 weeks and this is the first time i have noticed this, time for the lip balm to come out, i think.

Yeah mine have been since about day 3 on the diet. im going through vaseline like no tomorrow. normally i apply it morning and night but now its every half hour.

My skin is a lot dryer since starting CD, I just exfoliate more and douse in moisturiser.

Lips wise they were very dry at start, but drinking a lot of water, lip balm and some vitamin E oil at night helps a lot too.

ditto.
had a fantastic body scrub, did every where, including lips. (but i really scrubbed to get rid of all that dry skin)
slapped on the moisturiser, and i feel like new.
like a snake who has shed its skin to reveal fresh, soft better skin.:D

first time in weeks i have felt like this.

thanx everyone, I bought some blisteze today and my lips feel better- just making sure I put it on every 1/2 hour. been using cocoa butter at night so will try the vitamin e oil. Its strange through as the rest of my body has been better than usual and my skin is really clear from all the water.
I hope it clears up for the wedding!!!

Back