Dubai anyone

sim94

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi All,

I'm booking my holiday this weekend to Dubai. Can anyone give me a brief low down on Dubai, like place to see, shopping and eatting out.

Sim

ooh by your thread title i was gonna say yes please !!!

I so want to go to Dubai, i am so jealous!!

Hi this post is pretty old - from 2007. Might still be usefull for someone though!
I know i could do with a holiday to dubai, or anywhere really! lol.
Iv always been under the impression that dubai is pretty expensive, Flights, hotels etc. but would love to hear otherwise! x

Hi am going to Dubai in July

Can't wait it's my 5th the time I Love it.

Expensive but worth it xx

Dubai is a great place to go on holiday. As the flights are scheduled, you can choose how many days you want your holiday to be.

I booked through Destinology. I stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek. I chose half board, which saved a lot of money as hotels food is expensive. A can of coke was £6!!!

I went during Ramadan. This made prices cheaper. Tourists were asked to eat within hotel restaurants, out of view of those fasting. Bizarrely McDonalds in the shopping malls were still open, but you had to take the food back to your hotel.

As it was so hot, we stayed in air conditioned buildings most of the time. We used the holiday as a city break. Sightseeing and looking around the shopping malls. The indoor theme park was lots of fun. If you want to go indoor skiing, I suggest you book, as it is so busy.

The dune trip, and a guided tour/red bus tour around Dubai are worth doing.

ps Remember to buy lots of gold and diamonds. They are good value.....

love, love LOVE Dubai! Have been there loads of times. I think it is the kind of place you either love or hate a bit like marmite! It is certainly unique and you will see things you wont see anywhere else. :)

Back