Dublin, Ireland Meet -Saturday 30th June, 2007

cazmaz_irl

Banned
Hi All,

Well i've been lucky enough to attend the Newcastle meet and absolutely loved every minute, so watched and listened between rounds and would love to kick off a meet in Dublin, Ireland.:D

Before you all panic and go no way the expense, trust me I probably spent less on the airfare :eek: than most of you did on car fuel LOL...courtesy of Ryan Air.....

The craic is mighty over here, so for all those of you who'd love to party Irish style, here's your chance:D . Weekend of June 30th or July 7th of July have been suggested so far, but all suggestions welcome.

Really hoping the Irish members will be up for a meet, its not for another 24wks, loads of time to slink into whatever rocks your boat....

The invites out there now, so let me know and I'll get my organising head going..:D

well girl count me in!!!

looking forward to it already... either of them dates suit!!!!

I work with hotels in Dublin city and if we got a group together I could defo look into getting a discount of some description!!!!

love

Gen xxx

I would absolutely love to come over ... I may have to bring him in doors with me ... but he is house trained!!!

I love Dublin - and it would be great to come across. I have been before - many years ago and loved it.

well girl count me in!!!

looking forward to it already... either of them dates suit!!!!

I work with hotels in Dublin city and if we got a group together I could defo look into getting a discount of some description!!!!

love

Gen xxx

Brilliant Gen!!!

I'd love to come via Ryan Air! But definitely can't make the 30th June weekend.

Dizzy x

How much was the airfare if you don't mind me asking Caz?

I'd love to come too! Went to Dublin a couple of years ago for a weekend and loved it!!:D :D

OMG!:D

Yippeeee...love dublin...love ireland...hence ticker! Hub and i have a soft spot for it, his long lost relatives live there (long lost til we found em..in a little pub..what i can remember of it..oooh they could drink) AND hub propsed there too!

We were hoping to go over again this year...could blend the two...sounds fabby!

Both dates would prob be ok for me....

ah go on then!!!

:)

Ivy

Count me in - I've been to Dublin twice and don't remember anything as I was totally trollied...........wonder if it will be third time lucky!!! :eek:

Great idea for a meet :D

xx

Hi Girls,

WOW I was nervous about putting up the invite, but jeez what a great response.:D :D

Ok,,, thru posts and PM's all seem to favour the weekend of Saturday 29th June, so I'm happy to formalise that as the official date.:eek: Hope this suits 98% of the people 98% of the time :eek:

Ryanair is the cheapest airline in and out of Ireland at the moment. (except beware their very strict limit on luggage allowance, 15kg for storage and only 10kg for carryon)

Ryanair.com - CHEAP FLIGHTS - Fly Cheaper, Car hire, Hotels, Travel Insurance

Check them out, my flights to Newcastle cost me approx £50 return, if ya all book soon, you'll get fantastic deals, I checked out how much to book from Glasgow to Dublin and it would cost 53.80 GBP , London Luton to Dublin would cost 85.90 GBP , but girls, I'm only playing around with times and dates, you can all check for your best deals, like I did going to Newcastle LOL....:)

As Gen said earlier, she can get us block bookings on a central hotel, I know that Jury's Inn (nice hotels) would currently cost about £60 per room per night,

Jurys Inn Christchurch - Dublin hotels, Dublin accommodation

As far as rate of exchange goes, the easiest way to explain it is if its £100 GBP its gonna be €150 Euro etc, so £60 GBP is €90 Euro etc.

Ok, if i've missed anything, like how best to pack your toothbrushes...oh jeez DO NOT FORGET THE ALKA SELTZER what ever you do LOL.....let me know ok....

ok,,,and now the menu...

Dublin Tourism - Pubs - Zanzibar

Ha Ha.....still at very beginning .... format will prob be to start in Temple Bar, and after that as everyone knows as the Americans Say, In God We Trust...

Back