Dublin, Ireland Meet -Saturday 30th June, 2007

June 29th and 30th are the exact dates, all of the definites have hotels and flights booked already, so theres no changing dates now LOL..

see what ya can do,,cheers

FAB Avatar Caz ;) lookin GREAT !!!!

love

Debz
xx

Ok have procrastinated enough - publicly I want to challenge myself to lose 2 stone before the Dublin meet.

So all of you going at the end of June - plus anyone else who wants to kick my a*** - please feel free to do so!!

Ok have procrastinated enough - publicly I want to challenge myself to lose 2 stone before the Dublin meet.

So all of you going at the end of June - plus anyone else who wants to kick my a*** - please feel free to do so!!

YOU ARE ON BEV !!!!

consider your bottom well & truly KICKED !!!!!!

looking forward to meeting you.....:)

love

Debz
xx

Thanks Debz - looking forward to meeting you too. How are you doing on your weight loss???

Re-start today....NEED to get this last bloomin' stone off !!!

will be done and dusted by Dublin.....:)

so pleased ur feeling better....

Debz
xx

FAB Avatar Caz ;) lookin GREAT !!!!

love

Debz
xx

Aww again, Debz thanks very much, jeez if ya's keep this up, I'll not be able to fit me head into me avatar...;)

Can't wait to meet all the peeps in Dublin, thanks for helping with the replies too,,,I can't keep up with the continuous stream LOL...t'is all good LOL..:p

Hi,

I'm thinking of staying at the Temple Bar Hotel instead of the Camden Court, for financial reasons.

How close to Camden Court is the Temple Bar Hotel?

TiA

About 15 mins walk or so .. not too far and fairly direct!!!

Yeh Dee is right its not far (once you now the short cuts/direct route) ... if my memory is serving me the Number 16 takes you to Camden Street and you can get that just off Temple Bar

Rather than the heart of the city which can be a nightmare, i would choose to stay at the Charleville Hotel Rathmines (personally i can recommend this place, fab, and its usually for about 59e per night or something) or the Plaza in Rathmines, they tend to be cheaper and they are a stones throw from Camden Street and all amenities.

Ivy

Yeh Dee is right its not far (once you now the short cuts/direct route) ... if my memory is serving me the Number 16 takes you to Camden Street and you can get that just off Temple Bar

Rather than the heart of the city which can be a nightmare, i would choose to stay at the Charleville Hotel Rathmines (personally i can recommend this place, fab, and its usually for about 59e per night or something) or the Plaza in Rathmines, they tend to be cheaper and they are a stones throw from Camden Street and all amenities.

Ivy

thanks girls. are there any other hotels close to Camden Court / Delux?

Is the Charville close to the two Camdens?

tah.

I read on trip advisor one can get the 16a from the airport to Camden St.
On the Temple Bar webpage they mention the Air Link bus into some station, then catch the number 9 bus. Is there a more direct route?

Cheers in advance.

Apparently you can get the 16a directly from the Airport but it doesnt leave you close, i think it leaves you in Terenure and unless you know they way (like i do :) i wouldnt bother to think about such a venture), they have an Airbus which leaves you in or around Leeson Street (burlington Road) if my memory is serving me.

Charleville is about a 5 minute walk from Camden and is pretty central. Its not close to the Airport (no where really is) and if you were to Taxi it would be about E25 (about 15 stg) not too bad.

There is the Portobello Hotel and thats closer still about a 2 minute walk away from Camden Hotel and Bleeding Horse and its very very nice and reasonable as well. I lived in Rathmines for years (Camden street end) so i know me haunts.

Charleville is lovely. Portobello is closer. Charleville is about a nightclub( was called Tramco) so noise is a problem.So is porto but its in basement level so its not so problematic, though anywhere around there is going to be bustling day and night.

As for buses from the airport, make sure you have scores of time...traffic build up is horrendous in Dublin at the moment and my estimations would be about an hour bus ride to get even near the city, maybe 30mins Taxi.

My advise - get a Taxi, its an expense you wont be able to do without.

Maybe when you'll go back you may be able to arrange a time to meet and share a taxi amongst yourselves and save a few bob and travel in style.

Ivy

Last edited:
Apparently you can get the 16a directly from the Airport but it doesnt leave you close, i think it leaves you in Terenure and unless you know they way (like i do :) i wouldnt bother to think about such a venture), they have an Airbus which leaves you in or around Leeson Street (burlington Road) if my memory is serving me.

Charleville is about a 5 minute walk from Camden and is pretty central. Its not close to the Airport (no where really is) and if you were to Taxi it would be about E25 (about 15 stg) not too bad.

There is the Portobello Hotel and thats closer still about a 2 minute walk away from Camden Hotel and Bleeding Horse and its very very nice and reasonable as well. I lived in Rathmines for years (Camden street end) so i know me haunts.

Charleville is lovely. Portobello is closer. Charleville is about a nightclub( was called Tramco) so noise is a problem.So is porto but its in basement level so its not so problematic, though anywhere around there is going to be bustling day and night.

As for buses from the airport, make sure you have scores of time...traffic build up is horrendous in Dublin at the moment and my estimations would be about an hour bus ride to get even near the city, maybe 30mins Taxi.

My advise - get a Taxi, its an expense you wont be able to do without.

Maybe when you'll go back you may be able to arrange a time to meet and share a taxi amongst yourselves and save a few bob and travel in style.

Ivy

you should defo be a travel rep for dublin.... you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge!!!!

love

you should defo be a travel rep for dublin.... you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge!!!!

love

If there was an Irish apprentice i could be the location girl.

Yeehaw

Not too familiar with South or North Dubin enough to get by,but gimme the West and city centre - branching out to Drumcondra and i'm yer gal.

Ivy

I have just discovered this thread and am sooooooo peeved!! I am coming to Dublin on the 16th July and if I had known that there was a meet on I would have booked my hols for then!! Too late to rearrange now cos all is booked :-(

Ah well, I'll just have to try to go to another one! Hope you all have a great time tho!

Aw that's a shame, Rachel!!

Can I just check that this is the most up-to-date list of people coming?

27 Definites :
AnnaBanana

Bettyboo
Cazmaz_irl - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Deluxe
Cahching - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Court Hotel
CelticChick - lives close enough no hotel required
Debz32 - Getting train down on Friday morning...leaving Sunday....booked into Camden Court Hotel Friday and Saturday nites
FFnF - Flying in late Fri night, leaving Sunday early afternoon. Staying with friends Friday night & poss Saturday but looking at hotel costs compared with taxi costs!
Flirty40greeneyes & Hubby
Gen - - lives close enough no hotel required
Hopefilly - Coming down Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights
IreneH & KitteH Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights
IsisFlying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Summerskye)
Isobel1965 Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Summerskyeand Isis)
Ivy
Jem Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kati Booked Friday and Saturday...booked into Camden Deluxe
Karen1972 – Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kazz
MandyB2 - Flying in Saturday, staying at Stauntons on the Green
Mini - Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Mrs D
Nce1 Flying in on friday morning, leaving sunday evening. Staying at the Camden Court Hotel
Pierce -Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Summerskye Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Isis)
WannaBeSlim -coming for the afternoon
Westiegirl Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both

27 Definites :
AnnaBanana
Bettyboo

Cazmaz_irl - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Deluxe
Cahching - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Court Hotel
CelticChick - lives close enough no hotel required
Debz32 - Getting train down on Friday morning...leaving Sunday....booked into Camden Court Hotel Friday and Saturday nites
FFnF - Flying in late Fri night, leaving Sunday early afternoon. Staying with friends Friday night & poss Saturday but looking at hotel costs compared with taxi costs!
Flirty40greeneyes & Phil - coming across Friday - until Sunday. Staying at Camden Court.
Gen - - lives close enough no hotel required
Hopefilly - Coming down Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights
IreneH & KitteH Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights
IsisFlying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Summerskye)
Isobel1965 Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Summerskyeand Isis)
Ivy
Jem Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kati Booked Friday and Saturday...booked into Camden Deluxe
Karen1972 – Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kazz
MandyB2 - Flying in Saturday, staying at Stauntons on the Green
Mini - Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Mrs D
Nce1 Flying in on friday morning, leaving sunday evening. Staying at the Camden Court Hotel
Pierce -Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Summerskye Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Isis)
WannaBeSlim -coming for the afternoon
Westiegirl Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both

We weren't in red - but we are now!!!! Hope you are going to be gentle with Phil, girls - he's scared now there's only him and Pierce!!!

Back