Dublin, Ireland Meet -Saturday 30th June, 2007

27 Definites :
AnnaBanana
Bettyboo
Cazmaz_irl - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Deluxe

Cahching - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Court Hotel
CelticChick - lives close enough no hotel required
Debz32 - Getting train down on Friday morning...leaving Sunday....booked into Camden Court Hotel Friday and Saturday nites
FFnF - Flying in late Fri night, leaving Sunday early afternoon. Staying with friends Friday night & poss Saturday but looking at hotel costs compared with taxi costs!
Flirty40greeneyes & Phil - coming across Friday - until Sunday. Staying at Camden Court.
Gen - - lives close enough no hotel required
Hopefilly - Coming down Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights
IreneH & KitteH Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights
IsisFlying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Summerskye)
Isobel1965 Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Summerskyeand Isis)
Ivy
Jem Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kati Booked Friday and Saturday...booked into Camden Deluxe
Karen1972 – Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kazz
MandyB2 - Flying in Saturday, staying at Stauntons on the Green
Mini - Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Nce1 Flying in on friday morning, leaving sunday evening. Staying at the Camden Court Hotel
Pierce -Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Summerskye Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Isis)
WannaBeSlim -coming for the afternoon
Westiegirl Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both

Unfortunately Mrs D isn't able to come now - but we will raise several glasses to her as a toast to her home town!

xxxxxx

I'll look after the pair of them, Bev - have no fear......MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

errrmmmm.....think that's what they're worried about !!! :p

Debz
xx

errrmmmm.....think that's what they're worried about !!! :p

Debz
xx

HEEHEE - I'll have you know that I am a reformed character now I've got my lovely blurke.

Just keep me away from the vodka and my honour will be preserved LMTO!!!

xxxxx

27 Definites :
AnnaBanana
Bettyboo
Debz32 - Getting train down on Friday morning...leaving Sunday....booked into Camden Court Hotel Friday and Saturday nites
FFnF - Flying in late Fri night, leaving Sunday early afternoon. Staying with friends Friday night & poss Saturday but looking at hotel costs compared with taxi costs!
Flirty40greeneyes & Phil - coming across Friday - until Sunday. Staying at Camden Court.
Hopefilly - Coming down Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights
IreneH & KitteH Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights
IsisFlying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Summerskye)
Isobel1965 Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Summerskyeand Isis)
Ivy Lives close. no hotel required.
Kazz
Nce1 Flying in on friday morning, leaving sunday evening. Staying at the Camden Court Hotel
Summerskye Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Isis)

didnt realise i had to 'red' myself.

Ah god it feels quite good

Ivy

27 Definites :
AnnaBanana
Bettyboo
Ivy Lives close. no hotel required
Kazz-Staying Chez Mum & Dad...unless a better offer comes along he he he

Hi All,

Looks like theres been a lot of movement on here recently...

Thanks Mini for your kind offer for the t-shirt etc, but without being rude, I have to decline.

Dublin may be a large city, but its also a very small town, and I for one, do not want to be seen wearing a t-shirt thats screaming look at me, the odds of me meeting people I work with, live beside is 100% and I do not want my private business screamed all over the place. I'd be as well to hand out leaflets with my username as it wouldn't be hard to find me once you go to Minimins.com.

I'll have to decline from turning up if I don't want to be seen with a whole crowd of women wearing advertisements for this site and VLCD's...

I think we should go out on the town as a group of strong, independent happy women, and not be bringing attention to ourselves as only becoming friends because we used to be fatter etc.

I'm not trying to offend, but at the end of the day, this is my home town and my localality, and I'll have to live with the repercussions once everyone is gone home.:(

Last edited:
Hey guys...

I didn't realise these t-shirts were going to be worn on the day I thought they were as a keepsake for the event??? Is this normal at the meet ups that there are t-shirts with Minimins written on them??

As my user name is Gen and I would sometimes have a picture of myself up on this site I am going to have to decline the offer to wear one.

I work very very close to where the meet is and a lot of our clients would be based very central and Dublin is a tiny place. It is not the weight issue that would bother me but I do put some very personal details up on this site that to be honest I don't want anyone else only the people I choose to tell knowing.

Sorry to be a pain but I would rather when we are meeting that everyone didn't wear the t-shirts.

Gen

Hey guys...

I didn't realise these t-shirts were going to be worn on the day I thought they were as a keepsake for the event??? Is this normal at the meet ups that there are t-shirts with Minimins written on them??

As my user name is Gen and I would sometimes have a picture of myself up on this site I am going to have to decline the offer to wear one.

I work very very close to where the meet is and a lot of our clients would be based very central and Dublin is a tiny place. It is not the weight issue that would bother me but I do put some very personal details up on this site that to be honest I don't want anyone else only the people I choose to tell knowing.

Sorry to be a pain but I would rather when we are meeting that everyone didn't wear the t-shirts.

Gen

Hi Gen, thats exactly what I mean't, I'm not embarrassed about this site or my new friends, and my friends here in Dublin know all about this site, my weight loss and my new friends, but I don't want everybody knowing my business, and Dublin is tiny when it comes to banging into people...its one of the banes of being a friendly nation, we all know someone who knows someone LOL...:D

I've removed my picture and changed my signature back to my username, gone scared now LOL..:eek:

I think it was a lovely & very generous idea of Mini's and I'm sorry if anyone's been concerned about it.

I have to say the vast majority of responses have been very positive and I, for one, would want to wear my t-shirt with pride.

In the PMs I sent everyone, it stated quite clearly that it would be fun to wear them on the day and to have as keepsakes.

I see no harm in people wearing them if they want to. Nobody is being forced to do so if they would prefer not to.

I think it all adds to the camaderie and fun element of the trip, personally.

I would have been proud to wear one - if we'd thought of it - on one of the Newcastle VFBCs.

xx

Hey Isobel... I would be very proud to wear my minimins t-shirt with pride in Newcastle... where no one knows me or my business :D :D

Dublin is tiny... and everyone knows everyone... or someone related to them lol

If this goes ahead I will defo be changing my user name and would have to be very restricted to what I write on here and to be honest thats not really the idea of the site I don't think.

I think it is a very very generous and thoughtfull offer of Mini's and would love to have one as a keepsake of the Dublin meet!!!!

Gen xx

Hey peeps, have to say, I hadnt really thought of it like this....I have posted some mega personal stuff here and although I dont live in Dublin anymore, I can always be guaranteed that I will bump into someone I know.....I have posted a lot about me, my family, my daughter, problems that I have had with my ex etc, and although I know the net is a public space, its different to actively promote where to find me....

Would love to have one to remember the event by....and it is a great thoughtful idea, I guess its just that this site is so personal to so many of us, and I wouldnt like anyone to feel that they cant post stuff here over something like this

I have to agree with the other Irish girls. CelticChick is my username on most sites that I frequent so it wouldn't be that hard to pick me out here either and like Kazz said I don't want to advertise the fact that I'm here on minis, in my hometown.

I want to be able to post freely as I have done in the past and not worry and over analyse my words, to make sure no really personal info slips through the net.

I think it was a lovely & very generous idea of Mini's and I'm sorry if anyone's been concerned about it.

I have to say the vast majority of responses have been very positive and I, for one, would want to wear my t-shirt with pride.

In the PMs I sent everyone, it stated quite clearly that it would be fun to wear them on the day and to have as keepsakes.

I see no harm in people wearing them if they want to. Nobody is being forced to do so if they would prefer not to.

I think it all adds to the camaderie and fun element of the trip, personally.

I would have been proud to wear one - if we'd thought of it - on one of the Newcastle VFBCs.

xx

Hi Isobel, before this gets out of hand, neither myself or Gen have said anything about it not being a kind or generous offer, but I can confidently say that a large majority of the people on the list that may have replied will be flying into Dublin and flying back out again.

As the original organiser of this meet, I feel I should be allowed voice my concerns about how these t-shirts will affect the Dublin members at and after the meet.

All,

Dublin is tiny. Being a native is no mean feat. I have demonstrated how well i know this aul smokey town, and I lived by the bleeding horse far too many years, i worked in alot of shops in camden Street etc. and i attended Trinity, really the thoughts of wearing a t-shirt at all, my street cred would be blown to smithers!

"In dublins fair city, where there girls are so pretty..."

Is how the song goes, while pretty may be true, should be, "so recognisable!" Alive-Alive-oo

Seriously though, i see yer point girls. Dublin and particularly certain spots are highlights for people you know that you want or dont want to see.

I would say make a Tee for maybe a meet where no one is 'local' so to speak. Or have the Tee as a keep sake.

I just wouldnt wear a Tee. End of.

Dublins a harsh harsh town when it wants to be.

Ivy

AnnaBanana
Bettyboo

Ivy Lives close. no hotel required
Kazz-Staying Chez Mum & Dad...unless a better offer comes along he he he
Slim at Heart - accommodation sorted
Westiegirl Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights

Just adding Slim at Heart to the list!!!

Maybe we could just have something different on the t-shirts that doesn't refer to Minimins directly but is still fun and personal to us all? Just a thought? :D

Back