Dublin, Ireland Meet -Saturday 30th June, 2007

AnnaBanana
Bettyboo
Cazmaz_irl - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Deluxe
Cahching - Booked into Hotel Friday and Saturday nite - Camden Court Hotel
CelticChick - lives close enough no hotel required
Debz32 - Getting train down on Friday morning...leaving Sunday....booked into Camden Court Hotel Friday and Saturday nites
FFnF - Flying in late Fri night, leaving Sunday early afternoon. Staying with friends Friday night & poss Saturday but looking at hotel costs compared with taxi costs!
Flirty40greeneyes & Phil - coming across Friday - until Sunday. Staying at Camden Court.
Gen - - lives close enough no hotel required
Hopefilly - Coming down Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights
IreneH & KitteH Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights
IsisFlying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Summerskye)
Isobel1965 Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Summerskyeand Isis)
Ivy Lives close. no hotel required
Jem Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kati Booked Friday and Saturday...booked into Camden Deluxe
Karen1972 – Flying in Friday, leaving Sunday, still looking at hotels
Kazz-Staying Chez Mum & Dad...unless a better offer comes along he he he
MandyB2 - Flying in Saturday, staying at Stauntons on the Green
Mini - Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Nce1 Flying in on friday morning, leaving sunday evening. Staying at the Camden Court Hotel
Pierce -Coming down Saturday, travelling back Sunday
Slim at Heart - accommodation sorted
Summerskye Flying in Friday morning, leaving Sunday morning. Staying at Camden Court Hotel both nights (with Isobel and Isis)
WannaBeSlim -coming for the afternoon
Westiegirl Flying in Fri and leaving Sun staying at Camden Deluxe Hotel both nights

Just adding Slim at Heart to the list!!!

I thought that Anna Banana was Slim at heart???
Have I got that wrong?

Maybe we could just have something different on the t-shirts that doesn't refer to Minimins directly but is still fun and personal to us all? Just a thought? :D

Thats a fab idea!!! No probs wearing a t-shirt with Dublin meet or whatever on it... any ideas what??

I thought that Anna Banana was Slim at heart???
Have I got that wrong?

I know the girl Anna is defo Slim at Heart.... whether she is Anna Banana toooo I'm not sure?? Its not allowed to have two user names so doubt it.... I will check with her later tho....

She is coming anyways :D :D :D :D

To be honest, I think if Mini is being generous to buy t-shirts (out of her own money!!) for anyone who wants them, then she should be the one to decide what it says on them.

Then it's up to everyone else if they want to wear them on the day or not.

We all DID meet on this site, after all.

xx

I know the girl Anna is defo Slim at Heart.... whether she is Anna Banana toooo I'm not sure?? Its not allowed to have two user names so doubt it.... I will check with her later tho....

She is coming anyways :D :D :D :D

I know she is coming. I checked through the thread and saw that there was a post from Slim at Heart who's signature said Anna Banana.

I am aware of the user policy concerning two user names.

I know she is coming. I checked through the thread and saw that there was a post from Slim at Heart who's signature said Anna Banana.

I am aware of the user policy concerning two user names.

I think her username is Slim at Heart but email address is Anna Banana?? would that make sense... I just had a quick look and I can't find an Anna Banana as a user name, maybe I'm going blind... lol

To be honest, I think if Mini is being generous to buy t-shirts (out of her own money!!) for anyone who wants them, then she should be the one to decide what it says on them.

Then it's up to everyone else if they want to wear them on the day or not.

We all DID meet on this site, after all.

xx

I don't think anyone is taking away from the fact that Mini is being very generous by doing this and it would be lovely to have them as a keepsake of the meet.

But... this is our home town and I think the posts of the people who live in Dublin should be taken into consideration

Isobel my close friends don't even know about this site because it is personal to ME... I don't want the whole of Dublin knowing about it and me being on it.

Gen

Edited to say.... this is my last word on it, my opinion has been given now so no need to say anymore!

Well I see the posts and feelings of the Dublin members doesn't seem to matter. So I'll spell it out for you.

I originally kicked off this invitation to come to Dublin, and I am saying 100% if the gathering together wearing t-shirts is still a go-er then I am not.

We know Dublin, this is not England, people are different over here, and I for one will not be seen with a group of people wearing t-shirts or badges that point out that we all belong to personal site such as this. I have worked hard at losing my weight and don't need to wear it round my neck like a constant reminder to pull out as a conversation breaker.

Isobel I'm not liking the bullying tone in your replies, this is still a democracy, I think I can safely say if the t-shirt idea is not knocked on the head then you'll have nobody from Dublin actually turn up to the meet, how great will that be.

I already feel that this continuous pushing on an idea that the locals have shown disagreement for, has tainted the atmosphere of the meet already.

p.s. I've been to Newcastle and Birmingham meets and photos seemed to be fine as keepsakes, its a get together to have a few drinks and fun not a conference

Last edited:
Sorry - I honestly fail to see how I can be accused of being a bully when all I've done is express the opinion that everyone is entitled to make their own choice.

Of course everyone's feelings are being taken into account - if people want to keep their t-shirts as a keepsake, then I can't see what's wrong with that. Or if I, for example, want to wear mine, surely that's my choice?

Caz - you're obviously very upset with me personally. Perhaps we should take this off the main forum and continue any dialogue via PM?

Nobody wants to spoil the atmosphere of the meet - I am really looking forward to it.

Isobel

Your diary is blocked from the general public being able to read it because of people reading it and your privacy being violated so surely you can understand that we would like our private life to remain just that... private.

I agree with Caroline there is a bitter taste in my mouth about this meet now..

We are all supposed to be friends on here and maybe, just maybe, we can remember that when replying to each others posts??

I think EVERYONE should be comfortable at the meet and by bringing attention to the site name then I for one won't be.

Sorry that was my last word lol

Gen x

We are all entitled to our opinions. It's no big deal - everyone can make their own choices!

Can we all calm down please. No one is trying to bully anyone, no one is saying that you all have to do the same thing. Of course the people from Dublin have a better idea of what the atmosphere/locals are like, and that view will be respected. But in the same vein, people should be allowed to wear what they want to wear - surely?

So how about we take a bit of a step back, take a deep breath, and chill out.

If you want to wear your teeshirt, wear it. If you don't want to, then don't. Or am I being too simplisitic?

I'm not having a go at anyone - honestly - I just hate to see people arguing about something that is meant to be looked forward to as fun.

Thanks Isobel, but I have no personal feelings against you so don't think getting into a PM converstation is necessary.

I've checked back and since last night myself and four other Dublin members have spoken out about how bad an idea we believe the wearing of t-shirts bringing attention to ourselves would be, from all different angles.

I for one have nothing more to say on the matter, I think I've made my feelings quite clear, if the gathering together all wearing silly t-shirts that make you stand out like a bunch of who knows what goes ahead, cuz we're not a bunch of 18yr olds at a Hen Party then I won't be turning up for the meet.

This is not meant to be seen as a threat, as you continue to say, we're all entitled to our choice, so this is will be my choice, this is my home town and I'm not going to go around feeling like an eejit in it.

Having been away for a couple of days and just caught up with this thread - intially via Isobel's circular PM telling me about Mini's kind offer and asking me what size t-shirt I would like, my thoughts are this:

As with the Newcastle and Birmingham meets, I see them as fun weekends getting to know new friends as well as meeting up with old ones who are scattered around the country.

At the very first Birmingham WeMitt meet, we all wore our "Proud to be a Wemitt" t-shirt when we met in the foyer of the hotel in the afternoon - but that was only for an hour or so until the ice was broken.

Before I got up-to-date with this thread, I'd already PM'd Isobel with my size, but also added that I find the idea of wearing 'group' t-shirts rather twee. Having said that I would have been happy to wear it for a short while if everyone else did .. really just as an ice-breaker and a bit of fun. Anyone who knows me would know I wouldn't go out wearing anything other than my own individual style anyway :cool:

I'm constantly aware how 'visible' we all are on this forum (you only have to put the word Summerskye into Google to see how many links to this site come up) - but I am in no way embarrassed about being a part of this wonderful community. Quite the reverse in fact! Knowing all you guys makes me feel very proud indeed - and I never forget how much being part of Minimins has helped me in my own weightloss journey :)

Let's all have a great weekend - whatever we decide to wear - and enjoy the 'craic'!! :party0036:

Love

Reactions: DQ
Well I see the posts and feelings of the Dublin members doesn't seem to matter. So I'll spell it out for you.

I originally kicked off this invitation to come to Dublin, and I am saying 100% if the gathering together wearing t-shirts is still a go-er then I am not.

We know Dublin, this is not England, people are different over here, and I for one will not be seen with a group of people wearing t-shirts or badges that point out that we all belong to personal site such as this. I have worked hard at losing my weight and don't need to wear it round my neck like a constant reminder to pull out as a conversation breaker.

Isobel I'm not liking the bullying tone in your replies, this is still a democracy, I think I can safely say if the t-shirt idea is not knocked on the head then you'll have nobody from Dublin actually turn up to the meet, how great will that be.

I already feel that this continuous pushing on an idea that the locals have shown disagreement for, has tainted the atmosphere of the meet already.

p.s. I've been to Newcastle and Birmingham meets and photos seemed to be fine as keepsakes, its a get together to have a few drinks and fun not a conference

Hi Caz,

I'm really sorry to read that you feel the Dublin members feelings are not being taken into consideration. It's a real shame. I only suggested possibly putting something different on the t-shirts that would make everyone feel comfortable wearing them if they wanted to.

I am also really looking forward to this meet and am even flying my eldest Son back from France to babysit for me that weekend as I so want to meet up with everyone.

Lacey :D

We have no desire to cause anyone hurt, embarrassment, or make them feel that their views do not count.

We hope we can put this behind us now, and look forward to the Dublin meet up knowing that all there will be relaxed and happy.

Due to the concerns expressed we will not be doing tshirts for this meet in Dublin. We apologize for any inadvertly hurt feelings we may have caused as this was not our intention.

Pierce

We have no desire to cause anyone hurt, embarrassment, or make them feel that their views do not count.

We hope we can put this behind us now, and look forward to the Dublin meet up knowing that all there will be relaxed and happy.

Due to the concerns expressed we will not be doing tshirts for this meet in Dublin. We apologize for any inadvertly hurt feelings we may have caused as this was not our intention.

Pierce

Thank you soooo much... can get on with looking forward to it again now!!!!

Gen

Pierce

Hi Pierce,

Please don't think we thought Mini or yourself were trying to do anything but be kind, so thank Mini for me.

Pierce

Hi Pierce :)

Is there any chance of another type of keepsake/memento of this meet that wouldn't cost anymore than the t-shirts? I for one would like something to remind me . I don't know, keyring, hankerchief? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Hi Pierce :)

Is there any chance of another type of keepsake/memento of this meet that wouldn't cost anymore than the t-shirts? I for one would like something to remind me . I don't know, keyring, hankerchief? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Was thinking the exact same thing..... :D :D

Would be really nice to have something as a reminder of the event!!!!

Back