Dukan-5:2 - the trial

Mmmmm, just made a delicious DD meal. I made a bit I a rookie mistake adding a tsp of extra virgin olive oil (43cals!) but I won't do it again!

It was a warbutons thin, 5 cherry tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and olive oil. I had it with 2 turkey rashers and some mixed leaves with balsamic vinegar. It was gorgeous and dead easy!

image-4198940762.jpg

Breakfast was fresh lime in hot water (lovely!)

Not sure what's for tea - maybe a bowl of soup?!

Have a good day anyone who's listening!

Kell

Yeah, oil is quite calorific. You could sub for very low cal mayonnaise which is around 11 cals for a tablespoon.

Ill keep popping in to read. You will lose that last bit of weight. Don't spend to much time worrying about what you eat on a feed day, just enjoy them.

Yeah, oil is quite calorific. You could sub for very low cal mayonnaise which is around 11 cals for a tablespoon.

Ill keep popping in to read. You will lose that last bit of weight. Don't spend to much time worrying about what you eat on a feed day, just enjoy them.

I was going to but I had salad cream and its not quite the same is it?? Will put mayo on the shopping list.

My plan is to enjoy the up days!

So, 2nd DD menu.

Breakfast - lime in hot water

Lunch. - warbutons thin with turkey rashers, tomato, salad

Snack - miller light

Tea - pepper and tomato soup with Parmesan

Snack - 3 sweet chilli crackers

SF water, lots of water with a squeeze of lime, 1 fennel tea and SF vimto.

Jeeeez, glad it's an up day today- off out tonight with my friend. Plenty of food and drink ahoy!

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 4lbs since Monday - THRILLED with Judd/5:2

Silly phone posting too quickly . Before Christmas it was much busier but many of the people who were posting then no longer post .

I have always found forums like this very supportive so post a lot to give and get support .

Hopefully the more we post the busier it will get :)

4lbs is fantastic. Well done you x

Thanks Frona! The more I do this diet the more it suits me! I've had a very 'up' up day today (hungover!) and I will do the same tomorrow with it being Easter. Then I'll be alternate day fasting mon, wed, fri, weekend off for my cousins wedding and then into my planned routine (dd - Tuesday and Friday!)

Ooooosh, after a very very extravagant weekend (food and drink in copious amounts) I am back on a down day. A family wedding in 5 more sleeps so I'm doing 3 down days to get into my dress and look/feel nice!

So far I've had: 1 glass SF vimto, 1 cup of hot water with lime.

Lunch was porridge and a muller light. And 1 sweet chilli cracker.

Tea - leftover veg soup (homemade) with a pumpkin seed ryvita and some SF lemonade.

About 350 cals so far so can afford some snackage later tonight!

Last edited:
Hi just wanted to drop by and say hello and well done on the weight loss. I'm very interested in intermittent fasting plan and/or JUDD. I've been doing slim and save and want to introduce food and think the IF approach may be for me with clean Paleo/primal type eating in the main.

I'm still in the fearful stage as I don't want to regain like I've done in the past. Though over this weekend I've made good food choices so that was a little practice run for me.

Hi just wanted to drop by and say hello and well done on the weight loss. I'm very interested in intermittent fasting plan and/or JUDD. I've been doing slim and save and want to introduce food and think the IF approach may be for me with clean Paleo/primal type eating in the main.

I'm still in the fearful stage as I don't want to regain like I've done in the past. Though over this weekend I've made good food choices so that was a little practice run for me.

Hiya Kira, I completely understand the refeed fears, I did it from sns to dukan. I think you just get used to not thinking or making wise food choices on a VLCD and its scary having to do it again. All I would say is try it, year it's daunting but it's worth it - I'm so glad I made it over to Judd/5:2 as dukan wasn't for me in the long term! I too am still scared of gaining the weight back however I do now see 10 stone as my 'panic' weight, this in the past has been 15 stone so I doubt I'll be going back there!

Good luck with it all, let me know how you get on!

Kellmo x

Good luck with your 3 DDs. A family wedding is a good incentive to stick to it so you will look tip top. Must try hot water with lime as a different drink on a DD. x

It's really refreshing Frona- only did it as I had no SF squash in and there was a lime knocking about!

Bloody hell, with all the chocolate and cakes in the house (and me being off work for Easter) these up days are turning into real eating days - had loads on my up days and my weight is now 10 stone again. I need to start controlling the up days a little, calm down a bit.

Another DD today. These I'm ok with, they're not pleasant but I feel in control.

Thanks Frona, I can't imagine eating so much when I'm back at work and have no Easter eggs left (especially mini eggs!)

I had porridge at 12 and I went for a 2 hour walk with the dog, I got back home and I was ravenous so I made a weight watchers steam meal which was very filling and completely delicious but it was 312 calories!!! Now I've got 20 cals to last me until bedtime!!! BUGGER.

X

Back