Dukan Diet - again in the Daily Mail online...

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Is it me or has the chicken with capers got olives sliced over it?
A bunch of the pics look nothing like the recipe would be, perhaps they are projecting what we are meant to be imagining we're eating.

Still nice to have some more positive press.

Well spotted...

I was a little concerned also at what looks like "chocolate chips" in the cookies... and even the fruit on the cheesecake, but this is par for the course with Dukan books where the proofreading certainly isn't up to scratch (wait for the tomatoes on PP day recipes!!).

Still, we got some extra free recipes and all look delicious!

I just read and reread the chicken and cookie and cheesecake recipes to work out where the olives, choc chips and cheesecake base came from but no mention.

But we already know a good imagination is required to get through this.

Am not complaining (much, afterall it is working for me) just amused.

I do know how to make chocolate chips actually ... (but if I tell you, I'll have to kill you!!). tee hee!

Dukan chocolate chip cookies:
Mix 1 tsp less than 11% fat cocoa powder* with 1/2 an egg yolk, little bit of splenda and a drop or two of hot water. Spread the paste onto clingwrap (plastic wrap) and put it in the freezer for an hour.

Cut the chocolate in the freezer into small pieces and put a few pieces on top of each cookie.

-----
* apparently very difficult to find in the UK!

I think the choc chip one is on here already isnt it, so no need for violence lol.
I just got an email telling me the dukan recipe book has been dispatched, didnt know I had ordered it, oh well, should keep me going for a bit. I tried the bran crackers from the recipe thread earlier, they were really yummy, I know what I will be spending my bran on now for a while lol

I do know how to make chocolate chips actually ... (but if I tell you, I'll have to kill you!!). tee hee!

Dukan chocolate chip cookies:
Mix 1 tsp less than 11% fat cocoa powder* with 1/2 an egg yolk, little bit of splenda and a drop or two of hot water. Spread the paste onto clingwrap (plastic wrap) and put it in the freezer for an hour.

Cut the chocolate in the freezer into small pieces and put a few pieces on top of each cookie.

-----
* apparently very difficult to find in the UK!

hooray - got 2 boxes of the holy cocoa today!:eek:

WOW I'm impressed - looked for ages - gave it up :) strangely I haven't missed chocolate too much - it's stodge I miss :)
Just let me know if you want me to post you a box. Don't know what it is like though as I haven't opened it yet, but I may make those meringues tonight.

Back