Dukan FAQ

Hi

I think these would be a no-no because of the amount of fat they contain. Doesn't Dr D refer to crisps as 'the devil's food' (not verbatim! :D) within his book somewhere?

P xxx

You could peel/thinly slice the allowed veggies and mist with a little olive oil, then season and bake.

As for counting carbs, that's not what the plan is about, the rule of thumb is that on a pv day protein should account for 2/3 of the plate to 1/3 vegetables.

Meat and dairy should be less than 5% fat (lean/low fat) which means less than 5g per 100g of product and not less than 5g per item if they're packed individually - hope this helps x

hi ilovefood>3! are you a nurse by any chance. just thought that your shift pattern sounds exactly like mine!

i'm new to dukan and this site too. on day 3 of attack and it's been pretty manageable really. i take plenty of cooked meat, prawns, seafood sticks, cottage cheese, yoghurts, eggs (scramble in work microwave) and some cooked things like vietnamese beef with me. my advice is to take more than you think you'll need. it's when you're hungry and you run out of food that you end up tempted!

good luck x

exactly what i was looking for thank you

Hey everyone! I'm just about to start the Dukan diet I've just read the book and I'm raring to go! Just wondering if anyone could clear up a few things for me.
I know we can have low fat dairy I was just wondering about Tesco's non-fat Greek yoghurt as it has 10g of carbs in each pot so I just wanted to make sure that's actually okay? I also wondered about ham - packet ham is okay as long as its very lean right?

Hey everyone! I'm just about to start the Dukan diet I've just read the book and I'm raring to go! Just wondering if anyone could clear up a few things for me.
I know we can have low fat dairy I was just wondering about Tesco's non-fat Greek yoghurt as it has 10g of carbs in each pot so I just wanted to make sure that's actually okay? I also wondered about ham - packet ham is okay as long as its very lean right?

Ham is a no no a it's too salty but for emergencies its better than nothing

Tesco yoghurt sounds a bit high, total or asda fat free are both good safe options

Good luck xx

Ham is a no no a it's too salty but for emergencies its better than nothing

Tesco yoghurt sounds a bit high, total or asda fat free are both good safe options

Good luck xx

Thankyou! I'll give those a try :) x

Hello , could someone please clear up the confusion over soya beans. In the book they are listed on the 100 safe foods yet I've been told it's a mis-print and should say soya sprouts ? Thank you

We think it's a translation error and that soya bean SPROUTS are allowed. Hope that helps!

Such a helpful thread and a mammoth undertaking to write it xx Thank you so very much. I had planned to do Dukan but I feel it is way too restricted for me and with only a few pounds to lose, I take your advice that it is maybe not the most appropriate for me. Good luck to all who do it though - happy losing :)( xx

Back