Dukan-friendly snacks

grovergirl1

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has any great ideas for things to graze on/bring to the cinema/fill the gap?

I've been making Dukan Vanilla Oatbran Cookies (eggs, oat and wheat bran, vanilla, egg yolks, whites and splenda) but usually have them for breakfast, so that's my limit of oatbran done.

Mullers - I know lots of people like them, and I had high hopes when trying one at the weekend, but they're so synthetic...

If anyone has ideas, I'd love some suggestions...?

thanks

Hear hear! (re Muller Lites!)

Theoretically, we're not hungry in between meals on this diet, and snacking/nibbling is something we're looking to correct in general, right?

But, since you asked, a French site I use has these ideas for snacks:

Crisps (OK Attack, Cruise PP, PV)
Whisk egg whites firmly. Spoon blobs onto a piece of waxed paper on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with curry powder or paprika. Bake in oven. (never tried and, from my experience with meringues, to be eaten soon after making!)

Vegetable crisps - (Cruise, PV days only)
-slice any veg you fancy (parboiled if hard veg like carrots), slice finely, and bake in oven

Rolled ham stuffed with quark, prawns, low fat cottage cheese, whatever...

Crabsticks (maximum 8 per day)

Oatbran free bread (OK Cruise only, counts 1 tolerated food)
1 egg, 1 tablespoon cornflour, 1 tablespoon fat free fromage frais. Mix together, add "ingredient" (sliced ham/chicken/prawns/whatever or flavour curry/paprika whatever). Mix and spoon onto waxed paper on baking sheet, flattening out to form either small rounds like blinis, or larger round like a pita.

Cherry tomatoes

Jellied egg with ham or whatever (OK Attack, Cruise), p.192 book
Softly boil an egg, prepare slice of gelatine for use according to packet instructions, wrap ham round, place in mould, pour liquid gelatine over. Set in fridge.

Last edited:
Thanks a million for those two answers, guys, I appreciate it.

Yes, Maintainer, I agree... we're trying to erase snacks... it's just sometimes a plate of protein in the evening is a bit miserable :( esp as I'm trying to avoid too much dairy as I

a) hate it
b) think it stalls me a little.

In case of emergencies, I'll try your recipes and let you know how I get on.

Cheers! :wave_cry:

I'm lucky as I love protein... the other evening's plate of salmon, scallops and prawns was a real joy!

I'm not very dairy oriented either... I now make an effort for the sake of my health but, before Dukan, rarely ate dairy!

Hi,

I find anything meat/egg/fish that you can eat cold and that's not too messy as fingerfood fits the bill.
I've been using omelette cut into strips as snacks, on my recent car travelling. I carry it in an airtight plastic container. Just whisk up one or two eggs with seasoning, add in chopped flavourings as allowed (lean ham or prawns is nice). Gently fry in non-stick pan, or I have been know to nuke mine in the microwave when I'm in a rush (they come out a bit uneven but still tasty). Then slice up and I find it a handy portable snack. On a PV day combine with cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers whatever else veggie takes your fancy etc

I see what you mean about the cookies - maybe try to vary your breakfast or only have half the bran so that you *can* have the other half in cookies later. I have a plan to do this myself one day but never got there yet. I need my cereal/bread type food for breakfast :D

i recently went to cinema and im such a popcorn freak but i decided to just have the largest diet coke i could buy and i was ok so i think i did well for me that is !!!

good luck with the snacks and enjoy ur film !!

Thanks! great ideas.

Yes, I'm lucky in that I like protein too, I guess the trick is to keep lots of variety in there and try new stuff...

I'm so lazy sometimes.... chicken breasts, chicken breasts, chicken breasts... Time to have some fun with this regime..!! :D

Back