Attack Dukan in the Canaries...

NickiT

Hi everyone....

As the title suggests im currently living in the Canary Islands (Gran Canaria) and am finding it nigh on impossible to get hold of some vital ingredients...
ive found some yoghurts which MIGHT be suitable but am not sure.....Danone have a range of fruit and other flavoured yogs which i know ive to steer clear of the fruit ones but theres a quite nice coconut one thats 59cals and 0.1g fat per pot...is this ok?
other than that, there seems to be no such thng as 0% fat dairy products here, only full fat quark, no cottage cheese and only normal full fat yogs...obvs dairy is only a small part of it but itd be nice to have the option...

on the upside i have found an awesome herb and spice mix to marinade my chicken in with a smidgen of extra virgin olive oil (is this allowed?)im thinkin pure and natural since i cant get any low cal spray oil here)

thanks for reading xx

Have you tried making your own yogurt, I haven't yet but have been told its very easy and saves a bit of cash. Be careful to keep oil to a minimum, I think a teaspoon a day I have read on here somewhere. Can your order the one cal stuff online anywhere? Shipping could be high but if you bulk buy.....

Ive certainly learned something from your post - i eat tons of quark and i thought it was just a fat free cheese didnt realise you could get full fat quark!!

Nickit hi, how's the weight loss going,?

Sididd....how the devil are you? My internet has been down on and off so finding it difficult to get on here to post. Its a shame because my will power is stronger when i get on here to read stuff and about how Team Dukan are getting on...
I dont know whether ive lost any weight or not cos ive been on and off all the time since last posting....its true the key without doubt is preparation and also ingredients. Im really unsure about these darn yoghurts ive been having my oatbran in. I think in order to succeed the Attack phase im gona have to eat the same thing everyday for the week...

Danone coconut yoghurt (59 cals 0.1 fat)
with 1.5 tbspn oatbran

tuna omlette (dab of veg oil on kitchen towel to coat pan)

chicken marinated in spices

Evening nikki, all you can do is give the yoghurts a go if thats the only choice you have or like suggested make your own. Good luck and keep posting and fill yourself up with proten, the more you eat the more you loose xx:D

My daughter is at Amadores. There's lots of great fish in G.C and seafood. Whereabouts are you Siddid?
You can get full fat Quark (they add cream) but you dont see it so much in The Uk. If they've got it in G.C guess its for all the Germans and Scandinavians. if you can get to a Hypermarket you might get low fat Quark.

Evening Scot, its lucky Nicki whos in GC, I'm only in sunny Durham. :D

Back