Dustin the Turkey @ Eurovison

Oh god!

I haven't lived in Ireland for 5 years (I'm from there) but the thing I remember most about Dustin was his Christmas song, "I wonder how, I wonder why, Santa and his reindeer are able to fly"...

I am young enough to have grown up watching the Den and Tír na hÓige :)

Anyone see our turkey on the eurovision last night, strange but all I can think of now is turkey sambo....mmmm turkey sambo

mm...turkey!!! I was disappoitned he didnt go through thought it was a good effort!

Oh god!

I haven't lived in Ireland for 5 years (I'm from there) but the thing I remember most about Dustin was his Christmas song, "I wonder how, I wonder why, Santa and his reindeer are able to fly"...

I am young enough to have grown up watching the Den and Tír na hÓige :)

God havent heaard that song in yrs!!!!

Aw I was disappointed he didnt go through too, I wasnt expecting him to win or anything, but i thought he'd at least have gone through on the novelty factor :)

The only crap thing is now, as they said on the radio this morning, now we have to live in a country where Dana and Linda Martin are right!!!! NOoooo....

I haven't watched RTE kids tv in donkeys... didn't realise he was still on the go!!

Dont really know if he is on much as I dont watch it myself but I do hear him on today fm with Ray D'arcy and Ian Dempsey from time to time LOL

Don't worry Sez... you aren't missing much. Dustin is a puppet, in the form of a turkey. He's possibly one of the ugliest puppets ever created...

Never heard of him...... I grew up with Gus Honeybon!

Anyone remember him??

Ahh, he's an Irish creation... don't think he's ever been on tv across the pond

Dustin originated from the same show as zig and zag if you remember them, think they went to the UK :) but also podge and rodge :) although not the same creator

oh yes.... I remember Zig & Zag well! Just googled Dustin..... you're not wrong about his looks!!

Podge & Rodge are ugly critters too! But the Podge & Rodge show is good ~ definitely not created for kids!

I've never seen Gus before...

ugh no he is awful, did you not see him doing rose of tralee, he is as wooden I'd rather watch Ryan Tubrity!

and meant to say I dont like RT :)

dont mind RD on Radio though, just keep him off TV

ugh no he is awful, did you not see him doing rose of tralee, he is as wooden I'd rather watch Ryan Tubrity!

Ooh Good God... if there's one thing in the world i hate... its the Rose of Tralee!! Random Americans going on about how they're :airquote: Irish becuase their great-great-granda from Cork etc emigrated from there 3 million years ago.

Tubrity is great craic. Bit scrawny for my liking tho... i'll stick with Ray. I've blocked all memory's of the Rose of Tralee out of my memory so he remains untarnished... :D

Back