Easy bolognese sauce

hazebabes

Hi can anyone give me an easy bolognase sauce that is syn free that has lots off flavour tho,
also is tomato purée a syn?

Thanks

Yeah it's syn free!

So I use oxo the spag boll cubes they are a god send, a pack of pasata and a tin of chopped toms a couple of onions and squeeze of garlic purée and 2 of the cubes!

Fry lite the onions
Add the garlic
Add the toms and pasata
Crumble in the cubes and simmer
Portion and freeze!

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for your reply, I don't suppose you have one without the oxo cubes as I don't have them in and have to make some spagbol tonight, :s

I would do the same but with Italian herbs, like basil oregano etc!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I fry a rasher of chopped extra lean bacon in a pinch of cinnamon. When it's crispy and golden add a finely diced onion, any other veg you like (peppers mushrooms courgettes etc) and your mince. Add a tin of tomatoes and enough passata to make it 'saucy' (depends how much veg you've used) Couple of cloves of garlic then a tsp each of thyme basil oregano (or any other Italian herbs you have) good splash of balsamic and personally I like a good dash of lea an perrins too!!! then I just cut a circle of grease proof out and lay it over the mixture, heat on low as possible and simmer for 40 mins. Makes a really deep rich meat sauce that you can use in lasagne too.

Just fry off some onion, mushrooms(optional) and garlic (optional), add extra lean minced beef or quorn mince, fry until brown, throw in tinned toms or passata and a stock cube, any flavour will do to be honest. I usually use beef though. Add a teaspoon or so of oregano and basil or just one or other if you don't have both it doesn't matter. Simmer for as long as possible but at least half hour.

Also before you add the toms to it, grate in some veg to add sf food to it and bags of flavour, I always grate in courgette which practically disappears into the sauce, also carrot if I have it.

I also love it with baked beans thrown in!

Yum!

Back