Easy Indian Raita or yoghurt based dips

hollys nan

Gold Member
Hi just wondered if anyone has a S W recipe for Indian type raita or yoghurt based dips which is easy. We are having a curry taster group on Monday and I dont really like veg type curries, only like curries from local take away, so though of making something like the yoghurt dippy things, not that I will eat that either, but it would be quick and easy. I want to support the consultant in making something like this, any ideas and recipes please thank you muchely;)

hollys nan said:
Hi just wondered if anyone has a S W recipe for Indian type raita or yoghurt based dips which is easy. We are having a curry taster group on Monday and I dont really like veg type curries, only like curries from local take away, so though of making something like the yoghurt dippy things, not that I will eat that either, but it would be quick and easy. I want to support the consultant in making something like this, any ideas and recipes please thank you muchely;)

I just got some natural roughies, chopped cucumber and some mint. I used dry mint. But it was nice with the curry.

Do you think fresh mint may be nice. Why I ask is that I dont like anything like that, so I need help from others with normal tastebuds! Thank you for your reply by the way!

Thank you so much for your reply. Looked at the link, but dont like chickpeas, but may do this for hubster! The raita sounds easy so may do that instead for the group. They are going to ask why I'm not eating it ermmmmmmmmmm, do I fess up and tell them I am really fussy and dont like it, will it put them all off???? What a dilamare?

I use fat free Greek yoghurt mixed with Colman's mint sauce and a pinch of sugar/Splenda. Sometimes I add mango powder (amchoor) instead if I've got it in. The mint sauce mixed with the sweetness is what makes it yum.

A really gorgeous one I make using Mr Huda's paste tho: Mint and Tamarind Paste - Mr Huda's

I use 200 ml fat free yoghurt, 3 tsp sugar and 1 tsp paste - 3 syns for the lot. I can lap the whole lot up it is so *DIVINE* well worth 3 syns.

(The only synnable thing in the paste is the tamarind which is 3.5 syns for 28g but as it is a good way down the list of ingredients and I'm only using 1 tsp of the paste it's minimal synnage). You could also probably substitute Splenda for sugar and make it free if you can get the quantity right but I dont mind using my syns on it, it's so droolworthy :)

EDIT: Here's the recipe I adapted it from: http://www.mrhudas.eu/recipes/MintSauce.html

and here's a photo:
MintSauce.jpg

Last edited:
Back