Easy curry recipe please?

Stebbsy

Hello,
I love curries, but am not very confident with making new ones and don't like a lot of faff when cooking lol! I often make the chicken and spinach one from the Meals In Mins book because it's so easy, and sometimes the Lamb Dhansak which is delicious. I wondered if anyone else has any trusty SW curry recipes that don't involve too much faffing about to make.
TIA x

I make the mushy pea one and honestly it's delish. Simply pour a tin of mushy peas and a tin of baked beans in a pot and cook. Then make up 500ml of chicken stock and add 2 tablespoons of curry powder. Blitz the beans & peas and then add all the stock and curry bring to boil and leave to simmer then for about an hour. Then I fry up chicken onion and garlic and throw it in along with whatever veg I have. My OH hates mushy peas and he loved this. It comes up like the McDonalds/Mayflower brands. Really nice taste. Once it has simmered for a while it takes out the bite from the peas/beans that came up first few times I tried it. I also add a teaspoon of Chinese five spice or ginger depending on what flavours I want.

I make the same thing but a bit different......
1 onion
1 packet of mushrooms
meat/fish/veg as you want

1 tin of beans
1tin chopped toms
2 tins mushy peas
1tsp chilli powder
1tbsp curry powder (as hot as you like)
1/2 cloves of garlic

Fry onion and mushrooms in frylight until soft.
add the meat/fish and fry it until sealed
add the chilli and curry powder and garlic and coat the onion/meat/mushrooms

add all the tins and stir bring up to the boil and then simmer until meat is cooked through.
I add more frozen chunky veg and chopped spinach for more speed in my meals

it looks a bit messy to start but comes out like Chinese shop curry

Hello, I like this quick and tasty curry.

Stir fry your choice of veg in fry lite, I love onion, pepper, baby sweet corn, green & red pepper etc. when cooked sprinkle over 21 grams of Mayflower curry powder (3 syns) add some water and mix, keep stirring and add a bit more boiling water if it looks too thick, it will turn into a very nice Chinese type curry. Sometimes I add chicken or beef, really quick and easy.

I make the same thing but a bit different......
1 onion
1 packet of mushrooms
meat/fish/veg as you want

1 tin of beans
1tin chopped toms
2 tins mushy peas
1tsp chilli powder
1tbsp curry powder (as hot as you like)
1/2 cloves of garlic

Fry onion and mushrooms in frylight until soft.
add the meat/fish and fry it until sealed
add the chilli and curry powder and garlic and coat the onion/meat/mushrooms

add all the tins and stir bring up to the boil and then simmer until meat is cooked through.
I add more frozen chunky veg and chopped spinach for more speed in my meals

it looks a bit messy to start but comes out like Chinese shop curry

I am so nicking this and having a go at it x Sounds simple and yummy :D

Thanks for those. I've never even heard of Mayflower curry powder. Surprised it has syns though. x
Yeah it only comes in a tub you get it in the likes of b&m, being from Ireland we don't get it luckily I live on a border county so I get the best of both worlds. It tastes great but when you can make an even better curry syn free why bother.

Back