eat out & shop books

slimming_em

Hi all
I have the books published when propoints were originally introduced (2011 version) but notice there is now an updated 2012 version.
Is there much difference? Would it be better for me to get the new ones?
I have been on slim & save but have a lot of social occasions coming up where I would rather just eat what I want (within reason) and without putting weight back on which is what I will do I'd I don't have any plan at all to stick to!
Thanks in advance
X em x

All points have changed. So if I recalculate recipie from my older books it's always out by a few but of you can convert them online easily enough x

The last years propoints books are more than likely to be wrong more because manufacturers like to update their products constantly and therefore the calories and nv will change (think mullerlites.... how many times have they revamped themselves!!) but if you are looking at generic takeout things they are probably more or less the same... For example a fish and chip is 30pp, thats unlikely to change, ever... and most restaurants will keep to the same style of cooking..

I honestly think the shop book is on the most part a waste of money, most of the information on it is nothing you can't find out yourself by looking at the product with a pp calculator! Spend the money on a calculator, it will see you a lot longer than a book!

The last years propoints books are more than likely to be wrong more because manufacturers like to update their products constantly and therefore the calories and nv will change (think mullerlites.... how many times have they revamped themselves!!) but if you are looking at generic takeout things they are probably more or less the same... For example a fish and chip is 30pp, thats unlikely to change, ever... and most restaurants will keep to the same style of cooking..

I honestly think the shop book is on the most part a waste of money, most of the information on it is nothing you can't find out yourself by looking at the product with a pp calculator! Spend the money on a calculator, it will see you a lot longer than a book!

Totally agree here, the only one i think is worth buying is the eat out guide

Back