Eating CD bars and weight loss - your experiences?

16to10

Now Maintaining :)
I was just wondering how eating the bars has affected your weight loss. How many bars do you eat per week and are you losing around the same amount of weight you did before you started eating the bars?

I'm in week 2 of the diet at the moment and have been eating 1 bar a day. So far, since my last weigh in on sunday, I have only lost 0.8lbs. I have followed the diet 100% and drank 2 litres of water each day, so I am wondering if the bars have anything to do with the slow down in weight loss this week. :confused:

I was told you shouldnt have bars till week3, they did affect mine so have given them up, just having shakes now.

Bars from week 3.

I had a bar every day on ss plus and some weeks none and my losses were the same either way

everyones different with this x

It does state on the packaging to drink an extra amount of water when you have one. I'm out of bars at the moment, so I can't confirm how much exactly. But if you are having 2 litres of water a day and a bar, then you are about half a litre short of the minimum recommended water intake.

I've had 12 bars in the 24 days since starting and it certaily hasn't effected my losses. But they do affect some people. If you like the bars, don't pass them off just yet. There could be a number of possible reasons. Week 2 is famous for being a tough week on losses. Just hang in there, I'm sure things will continue soon enough.

hi ive had bars from day 1. i have 1 a day, you can have a look at my losses in my signature.they help me tick to the diet

Have you noticed a difference in your clothes on yourself ?
The scales , I would not go by scales .
One bar a day should be ok , after all its vlcd and you will be losing

I have noticed a difference in my clothes so I suppose I am losing inches. But I have a goal weight I need to reach in order to stop dieting so the scales is really what I pay more attention to.

I must say I am very disappointed that my consultant said it was okay for me to start eating the bars in week 2.

I weighed myself this morning and my weight is still the same. :cry: I think it's definitely the bars so I am going to stop eating them until I am close to my target weight. It's a shame because they are yummy. But oh well, I had chocolate shake this morning instead.

I have noticed a difference in my clothes so I suppose I am losing inches. But I have a goal weight I need to reach in order to stop dieting so the scales is really what I pay more attention to.

People do have weeks like this where they may not lose as many pounds, but the measurements show a difference.

Relying on your scales to tell you how well you are doing isn't really a good idea. :(

true f-b-s , the scales stay away from them , with the bars it really doesn't make a difference , read so many posts on this and its just one of them things . have your bar each day and 2 packs .

I know I should stay away from the scales but it's too hard. :(

I haven't had a bar for 2 days and my weight is coming off again. The scales have moved. Yay! :D

I started on the bars in week 3 and have 5 a week. Hasn't affected my losses at all. I find with CD that after the first week the scales don't move for days and then suddenly drop so it could well be that rather than the bars.

Was thinking the same

I started on the bars in week 3 and have 5 a week. Hasn't affected my losses at all. I find with CD that after the first week the scales don't move for days and then suddenly drop so it could well be that rather than the bars.

Your right , its not the bars thats the problem

totally agree that the scales can have a few sticky days in a row, that happened me the last time around and I never ate the bars and stuck to cd 100% so if you are going to weigh yourself every day remember that some days it might even go up never mind stay the same, as your body is adjusting to the program.

Even though there were daily fluctuations, I lost 3 stone in 10 weeks so its the weekly weight changes that are most important

I'm in week 1 on day 7 and my scales was the same as yesterdays, but I just shrugged it off and remember that its the weekly loss thats important.

Best of luck

Good to know other people have sticky scales too! I must try and go cold turkey on weighing myself every day (sometimes 3 times!) as I am obviously really addicted! I must admit I feel terrible when they stick :-(

Hiya,those gorgeous bars kept me going when ss'ing properly,had one a day from week 2 and lost 4st 12 from 25TH Aug til startedmessing round near xmas. I enjoyed having something to chew on ! Also not very keen on tetras so better for me to take out .

Good luck x

hi everyone , i used to have the bars on the exante diet and my losses were still good but i think it depends on the body some people can still lose weight while eating the bars and some other peoples body hold onto it . Im totaly addicted to the scales but i only weigh once a day because you will weigh heavier a the end of the day . Ive started cd today so im going to lnot weigh myself untill i see my cdc .

Back