eating disorder

pinkbaileys24

Hey guys
Happy new yr to everyone!!!!

I started LT 01.2008 and was weighed in at 19st.8lbs and now 7st...

I jus wana give support to everyone who has started this diet, is truely amazin but it got me hooked to losin weight.....and since developed bulemia...it took me a long time to admit to it and now tryin to get help, as now im even less than a size 0. Im constantly tired, irritable, weak, and my periods ave totally stopped and now cant ave children.I cant concentrate on anythin and always feel dizzy.

PLEASE PLEASE dont let LT do this to you, and dont get addicted to losin weight like i did. Its so easy wen you get constant compliments and ave been gettin so much attention from men but my health has seriously disintigrated but its very very easy to get addicted to.

First signs:
-eating foods high in cal and fat
-enjoying clothes getting too big
-addicted to vomiting
-deniying you have an eating disorder
-not eating out in fear of not being able to vomit
-feeling guilty when eating

these are wot i consider first signs. i cannot stress enough how dangerous it is. I still cant see how thin i am and still see the fat person i always was, but i want to help others not contract this awful illness. It got so bad that I would eat jus to satisfy my family but hr later i would be in the bathroom. The feelin after was amazin knowin that i had not consumed so many cals and had emptied my stomach but i have now paid the price and have almost been admitted to hospital.

Enjoy LT but please heed my warning and DONT GO TOO
FAR!!

Love too all
Gemma :grouphugg:

i remember you from when i did lt in jan 2008 ...im really sorry to hear your having a rough time of it and thank you for being so damn honest.

i hope everything goes ok for you and that you start to see yourself coming out the other side very soon

h xx

That's really good advice & I think it rings true for anyone on any diet. It's very easy to develop obsessive behaviours and bad eating habits. Please take care of yourself, Gemma. I hope you get help & can become well again & have a normal relationship with food. x

:thankyou: for sharing this with us. I also hope that you are able to get help. Wish you all the best!!!

Hi Pink

So sorry to hear that it was through taking LT that you got an eating disorder....thank you for being so honest and hopefully others will heed your warning and not go down the same route.

I have one too, so I can relate to it, although I had it before starting LT first time round, but understand 100% what you are saying. I struggled with carbs and the whole concept that carbs were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...no one really said that, but you just pick up things and think that they are the enemy, when in fact, they are not when taken in moderation.

I do hope you are getting help for your disorder, and let us know how you are doing.

I will be attending an eating disorder course end of January for 10 weeks to help me, but LT actually helps me strangely enough, but then again, it still isnt right to keep starving ourselves....we all need to learn to be normal (whatever that is) around food and learn good eating habits too.

Take care and again, thanks for sharing your story.

Aw Gemma. I'm so sorry to hear this. I suffered from BED for many years (fortunately done with or in remission...who knows)

Identifying it is such a big step forward. Hope you an learn how to control it without too much self sabotage in the process :hug99:
I will be attending an eating disorder course end of January for 10 weeks to help me, but LT actually helps me strangely enough, but then again, it still isnt right to keep starving ourselves....we all need to learn to be normal (whatever that is) around food and learn good eating habits too.

Very true. My problems began when I started dieting, though I guess there was something in me that made dieting trigger it. Interestingly, the VLCD did manage to sort the weight out after many years of binge eating, dieting, binge eating.

I knew that I had to stop dieting this time and eat 'normally' to give myself any chance of recovery, hence doing the VLCD to get to goal quickly so that I could move forward and 'heal' myself without dieting.

I haven't dieted in 4.5 years now and know it wont be an option for me...well, not for a very long time and hopefully will never need to again. Still, I'm glad I did my last diet to get me to a healthy weight and more confident that I could deal with the next bit.

So, all the best with your eating disorder course Scotsmist. I'm sure it will all be worth it. Though it was a difficult journey getting it all sorted, I feel so liberated now and can't imagine ever returning to the hell of Binge Eating Disorder

Aw Gemma. I'm so sorry to hear this. I suffered from BED for many years (fortunately done with or in remission...who knows)

Identifying it is such a big step forward. Hope you an learn how to control it without too much self sabotage in the process :hug99:

Very true. My problems began when I started dieting, though I guess there was something in me that made dieting trigger it. Interestingly, the VLCD did manage to sort the weight out after many years of binge eating, dieting, binge eating.

I knew that I had to stop dieting this time and eat 'normally' to give myself any chance of recovery, hence doing the VLCD to get to goal quickly so that I could move forward and 'heal' myself without dieting.

I haven't dieted in 4.5 years now and know it wont be an option for me...well, not for a very long time and hopefully will never need to again. Still, I'm glad I did my last diet to get me to a healthy weight and more confident that I could deal with the next bit.

So, all the best with your eating disorder course Scotsmist. I'm sure it will all be worth it. Though it was a difficult journey getting it all sorted, I feel so liberated now and can't imagine ever returning to the hell of Binge Eating Disorder

Thanks KD...if I can get to your stage, oh I will be happy. When I did LT last year I struggled from day 1 coming off but thought I had nailed the ED....but, not so, so this time hopefully running alongside the course I will maybe learn new tools to deal with my demons!

But, you are evidence it can be done!!!!! Yippee :)

Again, thanks for your words of encouragement....they help a lot.

Thanks KD...if I can get to your stage, oh I will be happy. When I did LT last year I struggled from day 1 coming off but thought I had nailed the ED....but, not so, so this time hopefully running alongside the course I will maybe learn new tools to deal with my demons!

But, you are evidence it can be done!!!!! Yippee :)

Again, thanks for your words of encouragement....they help a lot.

You're welcome. BTW, I don't think any eating disorders can really be 'cured' with a diet, though ketogenic diets in particular can make us feel like we've cracked it.

For me, and I think many people, diets are the weight 'cure' and with ED, the problem is rarely to do with weight. The weight is a side effect of the problem. Still needs sorting, but it's a different issue.

VLCDs are the 'book'. You can find out a lot about yourself and food habits with a VLCD. Maintenance is putting it everything you've learnt into practice and that's the toughy especially if you have an ED which can hibernate behind the VLCD and being out of ketosis with the cravings, hunger swings, hormone disturbances (leptin etc), having to deal with food.....

But yes, it can be done :clap:

Hope u start feeling better and it was very brave of u to share and im sure admitting u have a disorder is the first phase of getting urself on the road to recovery. Good luck xxx

You're welcome. BTW, I don't think any eating disorders can really be 'cured' with a diet, though ketogenic diets in particular can make us feel like we've cracked it.

For me, and I think many people, diets are the weight 'cure' and with ED, the problem is rarely to do with weight. The weight is a side effect of the problem. Still needs sorting, but it's a different issue.

VLCDs are the 'book'. You can find out a lot about yourself and food habits with a VLCD. Maintenance is putting it everything you've learnt into practice and that's the toughy especially if you have an ED which can hibernate behind the VLCD and being out of ketosis with the cravings, hunger swings, hormone disturbances (leptin etc), having to deal with food.....

But yes, it can be done :clap:

Never a truer word said KD......my last time on LT I think I got very cocky......thought I knew it all, and even my husband was convinced I had cracked the ED. Problem is my GP isnt really interested and there is no funding available in my area for people like me..so, I thought once I got to a reasonable weight, all would be solved...ahahahahaha...oh, how foolish.

I knew about the course last year, but again, thought I was cocky and didnt need it...I know food isnt really the issue, there is something deeper and I a frightened to go there, but determined I WILL NOT have another year with these fears and problems. I realise that I will always kinda have a problem, but I just so want to know what makes me go into self destruct mode when I dont even enjoy what I am eating...if I can maybe understand myself more, I will be one step closer to kinda getting there.

I live in hope KD, and try and stay positive... :)

Watch this space..........

Ladies, what absolute honesty. I'm humbled. I'm back at the start of my journey - weighed 20 stone in Jan 2007 - lost 7 stone in 18 weeks but alas, have put it all back on. Starting again tomorrow.

The very best of luck to you all though - I really do hope that you crack these eating disorders.
Take care

Folks, what heart rending honesty from you all. Threads like these are what make this forum such a useful support tool for everyone.
Lots of hugs to you all and lots of luck to you in trying to tackle your issues.

Back