Eating Disorders

I kind of wish I'd never posted this now, it's been taken completely the wrong way guys!
I literally meant their body shape was not a good or "healthy" message to give to children.

Forget my opinion please. It obviously doesn't count.

Ok so I realise that last sentence was a little childish, but seriously?! I'm allowed an opinion and deserve better than it just being completely dismissed.
Rant over.

I kind of wish I'd never posted this now, it's been taken completely the wrong way guys!
I literally meant their body shape was not a good or "healthy" message to give to children.

Ok so I realise that last sentence was a little childish, but seriously?! I'm allowed an opinion and deserve better than it just being completely dismissed.
Rant over.

dont worry hun for whats it worth i totally get what u were saying and agree ;)

Aaawww Emma. For what it's worth, I think this is a very good thread! I have enjoyed talking to Gemma and reading her point of view, looking up info about Barbie and how attitudes to dolls have changed. It's dead interesting, in my opinion. Please don't be peed off. I really like your thread and would never tell you to shut up :) x

Thanks hun :) I really appreciate the support.
I was just voicing an opinion and it feels like I've basically been told off and to shut up. :confused:

No you haven't :) I for one agreed with you and somebody else offered a different perspective. I think the medias skewed representation of woman it's a very serious issue and you had a very good stance and showed that you had a voice by bringing it up!

Emma - you rightly pointed out in your OP that these dolls are messed up and could give children an idea that this is an ideal look and lead to problems as this shape is unattainable. You then asked for opinions which were given. Nobody was having a go. Don't be sad...please! It is a good thread and I am sad now that you are.

Rant over.

I am am another one who is glad you started this thread.

Awareness that this sort of outside influence does play a part in eating disorders and that the causes are many and varied and that the public image that is presented to people young or otherwise who have a problem is a contributory factor in the cases of many vulnerable people who are already in a fragile state is very valuable, you have a valid point with these dolls.

This must cover the image presented by public figures, things like these dolls as well as personal issues all add up to an unhappy end result.

I have read this thread very carefully and I do not think anyone has meant to be offensive or dismissive. They are just stating things from there perspective and in some cases personal experiences.

It is good to see different perspectives.

Just been googling the dollies in the opening post. Turns out they are Gloom Beach Dolls and meant to be monsters or zombies or something, hence not very healthy looking. Although the naked one looks a bit like Helena Bonham-Carter, I wouldn't but them myself.

wait...youve been googling the dollies??? pervert! :p lol
sorry, thought id lighten it up a bit :D xxx

Back