Eating habits :O

xxpiscesxx

Is determined this time..
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to see has any one else watched other peoples eating habits since starting cambridge..
I have realised that people can actually have 2 biscuits out of a full tin with tea (unlike me who keeps going till i feel sick)
Can have like 1/2 pieces of bread with their soup (I kept going till i scraped the bowl clear.
Having went and sat in kfc, mc d's and chinese places and had tea/water i noticed over weight people really scoff their food ..( hope that doesnt offend) and i am guilty of that too my food only lasts seconds :O i also realised that you can visit these places and have nothing , i used to eat at all these places coz they taste good, not because i was hungry...i will be making sure i change all of the above :eek:
Anyone else notice stuff they will change?

A light bulb moment for me was sitting with friends at a buffet meal at a pal's b'day. Four of them had dishes loaded with very generous portions of Death by Choc pudding, ladled out by the catering staff at the place, with cream. I was amazed that all four left some of their pudding on the grounds that although it was 'gorgeous' it was also 'very rich' and 'too much of it'. Never, ever in the past would I have been able to leave a single scrap. (Might have had to 'tidy' up other people's dishes, too!!) And there was no such thing as 'too rich' to me.
These things are all learning curves for us... observe, understand, learn, change the way we act from now onwards. CD is a great diet in all kinds of ways!!!

One thing i have never understood is it is commonly toted that overweight people will cram down their food and thats one reason why they put on weight. I really savour my food..especially the yummy naughty stuff..and take ages to eat it as slowly as possible to make it last but it doesn't stop me getting fat. Granted, i dont stop at the one thing im eating but i dont think every overweight person always rushes their food.
Am determined to re structure my eating habits tho once off the CD and not to go back to my round ways lol x

Hello

I can totally relate to this post, I have tried to shut off from watching people eat while on CD but the one thing I have noticed is how fast my OH eats his food, about 3 times last week he actually burnt his mouth as he was rushing to get food in he's a cuddly guy! - and loves his food. I remember I used to do almost the same thing a feed my face as fast as I could. I was always the first to finish at the dinner table!!
Since starting CD I have my porridge in the evening when my OH had his dinner, and I have started to have smaller mouthfuls and enjoy what I am eating - I am pleased i have developed this habit you know small steps and all!! - Another reason I guess is to make it last LOL - but I Have also been doing it with the bars to the point where I'd had half a bar felt full so put it in the fridge for later - now that would have been unheard of before CD I never only had half of anything!!

Anyway enough waffling from me. hope everyones having a great, bye for now x

Hi girls,
Was just looking at the posts ..i didn't mean that all over weight people eat fast all the time but for me , any time we had food in public wether it was bad eating habits or the fact i didn't want anyone to see how much i was eating that it disappeared so quick , just noticed i was always finished first and dreaded people saying "no wonder she is the size she is " because it was classed as fatty food..
I have noticed how much longer sweets bars biscuits are lasting since i have stopped eating them and must admit am a little embarrassed :(
I was also amazed my hubby left half of his fry the other morning , it all went in regardless of full or not ...i blame my father for making me stay at the table till my plate was empty because my mother had stood cooking it hahah..that on top of all my own bad habits of course !
I do eat much slower now, and i sometimes can't finish the whole bar but am hoping i remember all this when i start back on real food ..
Hope i didn't offend anyone as it was no intended too:(

No Pisces, think we all know what you're saying honey. I had a real wake-up call after Xmas & New Year... took 2 weeks off from CD & stocked up as usual determined that even if I was trying to eat healthily, there would be lots of goodies for everyone else. The week after new year, the fridge & cupboards were still stuffed with biscuits, cake, puddings, crisps, tarts, sweets, chocolate, cream, sauces... and that's after extended family to stay over xmas & a big party at New Year.
I realized then I regularly overbuy all of that stuff and pretend it's for others, but really all the time it was ME eating those things. And when I wasn't... well, seeing it all, and seeing how little interest the rest of family had in it... THAT was scary.
Little moments of illumination all the time... like you, I just hope I can keep on putting the new knowledge into practice!
xxx

Hi girls,
Was just looking at the posts ..i didn't mean that all over weight people eat fast all the time but for me , any time we had food in public wether it was bad eating habits or the fact i didn't want anyone to see how much i was eating that it disappeared so quick , just noticed i was always finished first and dreaded people saying "no wonder she is the size she is " because it was classed as fatty food..
I have noticed how much longer sweets bars biscuits are lasting since i have stopped eating them and must admit am a little embarrassed :(
I was also amazed my hubby left half of his fry the other morning , it all went in regardless of full or not ...i blame my father for making me stay at the table till my plate was empty because my mother had stood cooking it hahah..that on top of all my own bad habits of course !
I do eat much slower now, and i sometimes can't finish the whole bar but am hoping i remember all this when i start back on real food ..
Hope i didn't offend anyone as it was no intended too:(

No no no no offence whats so ever! :)
I was just saying that i didnt tend to rush my food down but still ate loads but slowly. Think my full switch was broken! :eatdrink023:

I have 2 brothers...... 1 larger than the other...... the smaller one used to take forever to eat his dinner. I have twin sons.......1 larger than the other and guess what?..... The smaller one takes forever to eat his food!!

Watched a Paul McKenna programme a couple of years ago where they blindfolded a group of people and found that when blindfolded, they ate until they were full rather than when their plates were empty and guess what?? Not one of the people in the group cleared their plate!!!

NOTE TO SELF...... eat slower and always, always eat in the dark!!!!!!

;) very good..eat in the dark haha...
I am still shocked that i am a full month on this tomorrow and not one thing have i even licked :)

I've noticed certain things about myself without even starting the programme. The way I eat in public is different to how I eat when I am alone. I know that when no one is around I can seriously scoff my food. I don't understand why I do it, but I do it. When eating in public, I am very conscious of this and purposely try to take my time.

I am looking forward to re-training my brain. When I acheive my weight loss goals I will be eating healthy food in sensible portions, so I will make sure I take the time to enjoy it. I also won't have to feel self conscious in public, because I can just eat at my new pace and will be free to enjoy it.

:)

I've started to notice what and how much people eat, sometimes I think ''omg i used to eat that much too'' It's not very nice realising how much i over ate. I think this diet really opens your eyes to how much you don't need to eat that extra slice of pizza or have one more biscuit.

I felt terrible when i first started ss as when i was feeling "peckish" i would sit and watch every mouthful my OH ate which im sure made him feel uncomfortable lol. not only have i noticed other people's eating habits the main thing that stood out for me was the portion sizes. I too used to be the sort of person to cover the plate at a buffet etc, i gave myself christmas day off so i didnt miss out on the dinner but only ended up eating a side plate size and even then i couldn't finish it (which nearly killed me). i wanted to lick the plate clean but resisted because i knew i would feel worse. when i come to maintenance i know all i'll need to do is listen to my stomach rather than my head lol.
shelleyxxx

~I must admit i watch people eat, and how they eat, i do feel bad about it but cant help myself analysing ...
My large freind always holds her sandwich up by her mouth till its gone.. whereas my slim friend always puts hers down in between each bite, she also never finsihes a bag of crisps :eek: which i could never unerstand... why leave a few crisps in the bag :confused::confused:
My hubby and 3 sons are all very slim, yet the house is full of junk, choclate draw in the fridge, crisp box, you name it we have got it.....
And since i have been on CD all these things last soooo much longer.... in fact i bought a tub of ginger bread men, and after a week had passed, there was still 1/2 a tub left.... had i not been on CD, I can GUARANTEE there would have been none left in the second day :eek:

isnt it strange to see all he junk left :O
that is such a good thing to remember shelley i will b listening to my stomach too for sure..everyone here just had a chipper :) i feel bad but sometimes but i do b thinking uuuggghhh that food makes u fat
:( i have such a different look on food and what types now , its the best thing i have ever done for sure...;)

Watching my Dad eat is a shocker! He has MASSIVE platefuls, eats enormous mouthfuls, really fast, and he is slim. Dreadful! Been a builder and very sporty when young so much have the metabolism of a whippet!! LOL!
XX

Back