eating in 10 minutes

vixx92

i have just started s&s and this is my seconed day and i was just wondering why you have to eat/drink shakes and meal in 10 minutes and do you really need to as i try and make the shakes last as long as possible as it stops me being hungry quicker

vixx92 said:
i have just started s&s and this is my seconed day and i was just wondering why you have to eat/drink shakes and meal in 10 minutes and do you really need to as i try and make the shakes last as long as possible as it stops me being hungry quicker

After 10 mins they start to lose their nutrients x try a pint of water, your shake, then another pint of water!

I think it just means don't make them up and then take them to work with you to drink at lunchtime doesn't it? I don't actually time myself eating a meal - I'm sure they don't start to self destruct after 11 minutes! (at least I hope not!!)

I think it just means don't make them up and then take them to work with you to drink at lunchtime doesn't it? I don't actually time myself eating a meal - I'm sure they don't start to self destruct after 11 minutes! (at least I hope not!!)

There is a 15 minute rule about shakes and that is because some of the vitamins are water-soluble and when you are relying on shakes as your sole source of nutrition you need to be making sure you are getting all your vitamins for good health.

I never worry about it..Make them all as I am ready for my meal, takes as long as it takes me to eat , a meal pack normally 30 minutes. A shake 20-30 minutes, a pudding..lol woolf those down!

I often make my meal for dinner and my shake at the same time, I then eat my meal then have my shake for pudding lol so my shake is often left for around 30mins at the least.. one thing I can say though is the taste does change a little bit and the texture gets a little thicker so it sees like it needs a good stir not that I do.

I would consult s&s to see what they say if it worries you :)

Back