Eating on Weigh in Day

When I say 'brunch' I am actually meaning bacon, eggs, beans. toast, tomatoes, mushrooms etc not an apple lol. To be honest, days that I have a late brekkie like this then I dont usually want anythinguntil dinner apart from maybe some fruit x

Thans CC its taken a lot of hard work mentally to get to that place with it and hopefully I can maintain the attitude lol I do still get anxious pre weigh in though dont get me wrong. Sounds like you are in a good place with it all too x

TBH I'm still not quite at that place, I'm pregnant so refusing to weigh myself cos I don't see the point right now. I know I'm eating well and that's all I can do. When baby arrives it might be a totally different story and I get obsessed with the scales again, but I'm hoping I can keep doing what I am now.

Keep working on it and I'm sure you will find it becomes easier with time x

I used to do this but would be so hungry by WI time that I'd have to buy HiFi bars and eat one in class to keep me going. So now I just treat it as a normal day. AS long as I do the same every week it doesn't make a difference and I'd much rather have a more accurate weight too. Still, I completely understand why you do it :)

Do you know, I don't think about it. I weigh in at 5, I don't drink in the hour before as I'm on the bus, but I generally eat what I normally eat (breakfast, fruit to snack on) and then whatever seemed reasonable from the canteen. I don't want to be obsessive about only eating 'light' things on a monday - it doesn't occur to me really. I guess there are some weeks when I've eaten / drunk more pre weigh in and that's probably accounted for unexpected halfs on or whatever - but in the long run I'd just rather get through monday at work without killing anyone (which I might if I was not eating!)

Last edited:
I treat WI day as normal. I weigh at 5pm, so have a normal breakfast, normal lunch and drinks in the afternoon if I need them.

Normal for me, i can either weigh in at 530 or 730. I dont amend my eating habbits at all. If i'm hungry before 530 i'll eat, if not I'll wait till after weigh in. I'm not starving myself for no one! lol

You should eat like any normal day no matter what time you weigh in. I have been guilty of not doing this in the past but there is no way i wouldnt eat or drink on a weigh in day now no matter what. My brother would not eat or drink on weigh in day and i have seen what it has done to him. He has fell off the wagon more times but he is back on track and eating like normal now.

If anyone is not eating on weigh in day i would say that you need to eat and drink like a normal day at your next weigh in and take the hit for a week then you will be back to normal again the next week and it wont be a problem.

It isnt any good for your body either starving it of food and water and it will catch up with you eventually.

I tend to eat the same thing on weigh in day as I am usually at work :) I eat normally but find I snack less - probs because I'm most aware if my weight on weigh in day, even though it doesn't matter. I drink
Loads in the morning and afternoon, usually go swimming before weigh in and after work so have lots to drink before I get into thr pool then straight to weigh in after...loo break before hopping on the scales. Only problem with swimming before weigh in is I have dreadlocks halfway down my back and they get wet so must weigh a lot lol!!

But you should eat normally - as your real weight is an average across a week, not a dead cert at any one point. Remember target allows you 3lb either side to allow for natural fluctuations - such as drinking eating toileting weight etc.

Think it's the norm....I weigh in the same clothes each week and I eat normal but have my dinner at 12 and then don't eat anything else until after I've been weighed and I tend not to drink as much either. I do get weighed at 5pm though so it's not as bad as some cases x

I wi at 7;30 so I eat normally at breakfast and lunch probably have a piece of fruit after work at 5pm then dinnel after WI. But then I think light fluffy thoughts when i am standing in the queue before the scales lol.

I don't eat or drink anything before weigh in at 3.30 but this week I could only make the 7.30 class and I felt very faint lol won't be doing that again anytime soon

Used to weigh in at 7pm and used to practically starve myself all day!! Would only have a banana for breakfast and a tiny mug of soup for lunch then nothing till after weigh in then because i was so hungry would phone a takeaway when i got home!! And always felt disgusted with myself afterwards!! So now i weigh in at 10am or 12pm depending on my shifts! I only have a coffee beforehand as its not to long to wait.

This is the very reason I am not going back to class this time. My weigh in was about 6:30 and I wouldn't eat or drink a thing or day. I'd get really obsessive (as I don't work on a Thursday) and would weigh myself about 20 times during the day...would run round the house trying to burn off a few extra calories (I know, I know, dont say it). When I went back after having my second child I was determined not to be like that and to eat normally. First week that comes along where I dont think the scales are being as kind as they should and I waas back to square one. It got to the point that I would dread Thursday's and I felt so rubbish all day - not great when you have kids to look after.
I know I cant trust myself not to get back into old habits so going it alone where I can weigh in the morning is the way forward for me.

Back