Eating on Weigh in Day

bigmeeky

Am I deluding myself my not eating 'normally' on weigh in day, I dont deprive myself but at the same time dont drink lots of tea or water when I am getting weighed in, no more that I would want to carry a few bottles of water in my pocket when standing on the scales.

I think thats the norm but am willing to stand corrected and be told I am foolish.... 'm just a bloke after all!

Regardless of whether it's the norm, it's still mental!!! I won't have a drink from about 2 hours before weigh in but aside from that I eat normally all day

I eat normally during the day. I have a cup of tea when I get home from work which is an hour before WI and then I have my tea when I get home. I'm not gonna starve myself for anyone ;)

I admit it - I drink normally on WI day, but don't eat. Rightly or wrongly its a habit I can't get out of

He He, I know its Mental, its something I started when I did lighterlife 6 years ago and its now folowed me into SW.

We all have our quirks - some people wear 'lucky pants' to weigh, we don't eat lol

I do wear exactly the same shirt and trousers every weigh in night!

Just eat normally hun and as long as you do the same thing every week it will make no difference. Getting into a famine-feast situation can be counter productive as it can make you more likely to fall off the wagon and there is evidence that it can affect your rate of metabolism :)

Just eat normally hun and as long as you do the same thing every week it will make no difference. Getting into a famine-feast situation can be counter productive as it can make you more likely to fall off the wagon and there is evidence that it can affect your rate of metabolism :)

I agree. If you do the same every week then it's not going to make a difference. I remember being queued to get weighed one night when there was a taster session on. The woman in front wouldn't try anything until after while I was nibbling away thinking a few mouthfuls isn't going to make a difference now! Though saying that I always make sure I take off my jacket and shoes! (and also avoid wearing heavy clothing!)

I don't eat my dinner either and need to wait until about 9.30 that night and I'm starving lol

i weigh at 9.30am and eat and drink nothing until after I weigh. This is what I did on my very first day and I have carried it on. I eat totally normally the day before and always make sure I have a big drink before going to bed so I don't dehydrate.

For me it is a habit now and I wouldn't want to change it in case it meant my wi didn't reflect my real loss.

I weigh in the same clothes every week and just try to eat lighter. I don't weigh until 7pm and there's no way I could eat nothing! Breakfast normally Finn crisp with light philli, hex b of cereal or fruit and yogurt. Dinner is salad then nothing until after weigh in

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I usually eat and drink fairly normally at breakfast and lunch and then I'll have some fruit mid-afternoon and that's me until after WI at 7pm. I always have dinner afterwards. I usually save all of that day's syns until after dinner on as well so that I can have a 'treat'.

I've tried really hard not to get into this too much this time around as I think I need to be doing sw for the rest of my life and don't want to be starving every Thursday afternoon for the rest of my life!
What we eat and drink on weigh in day may affect the scales slightly but its not going to affect our weight in the bigger picture.
Its difficult to get a balance with it as mostly we are going to class so we can lose weight so don't want to see a gain because we had a cup of coffee half an hour before class but I hate to see it when people starve themselves.
If we weighed at home most of us would weigh in the morning in the buff lol so that would be easier to do the same each time. I wonder how people who weigh at home a lot on and off during the day see the scales effected by what they eat/drink in the day and if it makes much difference(I've got no batteries in my scales so not done this for long time!)

I've tried really hard not to get into this too much this time around as I think I need to be doing sw for the rest of my life and don't want to be starving every Thursday afternoon for the rest of my life!
What we eat and drink on weigh in day may affect the scales slightly but its not going to affect our weight in the bigger picture.
Its difficult to get a balance with it as mostly we are going to class so we can lose weight so don't want to see a gain because we had a cup of coffee half an hour before class but I hate to see it when people starve themselves.
If we weighed at home most of us would weigh in the morning in the buff lol so that would be easier to do the same each time. I wonder how people who weigh at home a lot on and off during the day see the scales effected by what they eat/drink in the day and if it makes much difference(I've got no batteries in my scales so not done this for long time!)

Emsie, I think this is a brilliant attitude to have. As you said, most people are doing sw to lose weight, but sometimes there is a bit too much focus on what the scales say week in week out, rather than being concerned with an average overall downwards trend. This is why I'm doing so well at sw at the moment, I'm doin it for its own sake rather than having any end goal in sight right now!

Hmmm good point here and one I have been thinking about.
For the last 2 years I have weighed at an early morning class so I would only have a quick coffee an hour before and would go to the loo before I weighed anyway.

I have now changed groups and it's an evening class!!!! Am not sure what to do but there's no way I could not eat all day. I am thinking brunch late morning and a few sips of water throughout the day???

Hmmm good point here and one I have been thinking about.
For the last 2 years I have weighed at an early morning class so I would only have a quick coffee an hour before and would go to the loo before I weighed anyway.

I have now changed groups and it's an evening class!!!! Am not sure what to do but there's no way I could not eat all day. I am thinking brunch late morning and a few sips of water throughout the day???

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NORMAL FOOD FOR BREAKFAST & LUNCH

Drink normally till a few hours before you weigh in.

Repeat every week

DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF

DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE & CHECK ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back