Eating out advice

mrsgosling3

Gold Member
Hi everyone

I'm very new to weight watchers...Infact my first meeting is tonight. I'm going out for a 3 course meal in Saturday to a pub to celebrate my hubby's birthday. I'm a SW defectee and was looking at the menu with my SW head and not my ww head (as I don't know that one yet!)

Can anyone give me some advice on what I should be going for and what to use for pro points. Was going to use all my weeklies....The menu is online and when I was looking was thinking garlic king prawns (but these are cooked in olive oil and served with bread), chilli chicken (strips of chicken cooked in sweet chillu sauce) served with aromatic salad or gambas al pil pil (prawns in a tomato, garlic and chilli served with bread)

Dinner was thinking chicken fajitas (thought could be good and not use many tortillas or sauces), lamb rump with new pots and veg (no idea portion size), pork in own juices with new pots and veg (same again no idea portion size) or steak, new potatoes - served with tomatoes, mushrooms and onion rings (but not eating the onion rings)

Desert - I'm a sucker for puddings - best option is probably sorbet but I would love the profiteroles or bread and butter pudding :\

Any opinions? Didn't know if I was allowed to say where we are going for other menu options lol

Thanks in advance for any help xxx

Hiya, giving the name especially if it's a chain can be helpful as different places cook things differently and portion sizes are different too :) don't mean to scare you lol
The prawns sound a safe bet from your description! The desserts tend to be the hard one, the sundae's are usually a good bet but depends on the pub :)

Last edited:
It's not a chain. It's an independent pub near where I live but their menu is online. There are no portion sizes listed at all. :(

Hi :) starter go for the prawns as theyre really low :) 200g which is a huge portion is only 3pp! :) fajitas are safer as chicken breast 4pp veg is free tortillas are 4each or 2 for 7 if they are large ones :) have the salsa over sour cream? Then 1teaspoon olive oil is 1pp so try and work it out and as for puddings I'm no help sorry :) enjoy it 49 weeklies is more than enough or a delicious meal xxx

Back