Eating out at a restaurant without too much damage?

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
I'm on Total Solution but may have a restaurant dinner date coming up in a couple of weeks, I know I could switch to Working Solution so I've been reading up on low carb meals at restaurants and I think I can do that no problem, chicken, burger or steak with green veggies, no dessert, diet coke. All sounds too easy... Obviously there's still a lot of extra calories. But I wonder what the ramifications on the scales will be though???

There's lots of people who have introduced a 0 carb meal in and still lost, may slow or down by a couple of lb but it would be alright in grand scheme of things!

And go for coke zero of they have it, if not have water cus the diet coke will 90% knock you out of ketosis!

Hi this is something I'm dreading too, I have an engagement party next weekend and a couple of days away with the hubby for our silver wedding at the beginning of June and don't want to undo everything but still enjoy myself!!
How have you done this week chelly?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I did not know that about diet coke - assumed all the diet varieties were ok! Thanks for the heads up :)

Just a few restaurant ideas: steak and salad, rocket and Parmesan salad, garlic mushrooms, prawn cocktail, garlic prawns, chicken breast - I've had all of these and stayed in ketosis. If you have any choice in the restaurant you can look at their menu online and choose in advance so you won't be tempted :)

We can only have like the zero drinks that don't have citric acid!! Which so far I know of it coke zero, dr pepper zero and cherry coke zero? Lol

im doing ok thanks! Just struggling on lol

I found in the past that diet coke was ok on a night out if I stuck to low carb food but it knocks me out of ketostis if I drink it more regularly. Some people are really sensitive to it though

Not all carb-free foods are low fat or low calorie though, so try to have plain steak or plain chicken or fish, I wouldn't go for the prawn cocktail mentioned above as it has mayonnaise which is high in fat. Adding extra calories will affect your weight loss, even if you stay in ketosis. So plain meat/fish (not burgers, they almost always contain breadcrumbs as a binder and are usually quite fatty), and plain veg (not peas/beans which are high in carbs).

Thanks Jael, Good advice. I succumbed to a huge chunk of roast beef yesterday, steak size, and so I skipped my last sachet meal. All the wrong way to do things I know :-( but I'm back on track today. Just hoping the extra calories from red meat won't have too much impact at weigh in tomorrow.

Mm it sounds lovely though! It shouldn't effect you too much asking as you didn't have Anything else with it??

I nicked one stuffing ball too! But I did look up the nutritional info and it was only 8g carbs so think I'll get away with it. I'm more worried about the calorific value of the beef, at least 400-500 cals, which I assume is from the fat. That's over double a standard shakes calories and I reckon, even in Ketosis, my body will use the fat from the beef (for energy) before it uses mine! Oh well, we'll see tomorrow! Not long now til we step on those ole scales Chelly!!

I wouldnt worry too much and you still had a fantastic loss today! =D

Back