Eating Out Thread

Hi everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to have somewhere we can share "safe" food/places to eat so that when we go out, We don`t have to either go without or risk the consequences ;)

I went to The Hungry Horse today for a friends birthday meal, And although I don`t actually know the fat contents etc, I have had no problems with the meal I ate.

I had a meal from the childrens menu and had Chicken breast with a Jacket tater (didn`t use the butter) and Peas.

Personally, I would be interested to know if anyone has eaten in The Real China and to know what was ok to eat there as it is a favourite restaurant and I`d like to go again!

Hope you`re all having a fabby weekend :D

LiSe Xx

Hi LiSe,

Great thread! :)

So far I've only gone for salads when we have eaten out becuase I really don't want to risk it.

It's my 40th birthday next month and will be going to Maxi's Chinese Restaurant in Leeds so I would also be interested to hear what choices other users made when eating Chinese food.

Have either of you registered with MAP? They send you an eating out booklet and it gives you an idea of different foods that have a low fat content from different styles of food, Indian, Chinese, Italian etc....

I'll find mine out later if not and see what it says for Chinese for you :)

Hi Kay,

When I phoned to join, They told me they no longer take registrations on the phone and to do it online.

I didn`t get sent anything and there was no-one on the end of the phone to offer advice etc as before :(

LiSe x

hi, what is this MAP that you can register with! anything that will help me lose this weight is a must

sharon x

Hi Guys

I went to Pizza Express and had Polli Verdure - Chargrilled Chicken & veg on scrummy salad, it had a honey & mustard dressing but not much

Also had Indian, Tandoori king prawns (come without any sauce), chipatti, 1 popadom with onions and tomato salsa.

Chinese - steamed veg with king prawns with boiled rice, this was pretty bland I have to say.

I have had no side effects from any of these BUT everyone is different so my experience may not be the same as others.

I ate out a lunch today and had grilled salmon, some cant eat salmon but its a bit of a staple for me I have to say.

Hope the above helps

Julie - by the way I ate these at seperate times, not all in one sitting :D:D:D:D:D

x

thanks for the info Ali, i went to register but when i had to enter the batch number, the silly chemist had put my tablets in a plain white box!!!! dont know why, but im going to have to wait until my next months supply before registering.
thanks again
sharon x

The dessert sounds yummy!!! :D

thanks for all the info - just registered with MAP so awaiting their email... Looking forward to receiving a pack - i love making lists of things! :p

thanks for all the info - just registered with MAP so awaiting their email... Looking forward to receiving a pack - i love making lists of things! :p

Hiya, Did you reg on the phone and did they say they`d send a pack??

When I phoned I was told they no longer do that and I had to reg online and didn`t get any info packs or anything :(

LiSe x

Went to ASK tonight, the food was attrocious so not giving them the airtime advertising what you can eat here, the table was more apetising and thats saying something!!!

Back