Eating out whilst doing SS+

Stellap

Hi, I've been doing SS+ for 2 weeks and doing very well. I have to go out for a meal tonight - cannot get out of it - and am worried that I might put on weight if I don't handle it carefully. What sort of things should I go for/avoid. I have had 2 shakes for breakfast and lunch and want to know what the sensible choices are so I don't blow it.

Thanks

I've eaten out a few times on SS+ and try and opt for lighter choices, ie chicken, fish etc. Read the menu carefully and make sure you're fully aware of what's included in the meal and don't be afraid to ask the staff if you're not sure. I always leave any carbs or you could ask for them to be excluded from your plate altogether if you don't trust yourself not to touch them! I've still managed to consistently lose even when I've been out for a meal, so try not to stress about it. Enjoy your evening and be proud of yourself for being so strong. Also, don't forget to have all your CD meals as well today. Good luck!

I went to London and had a meal out for my anniversary and was surprised at how strong I could be. I think it's important to expereince having to make good choices in situations like these as it makes us stronger for when we return to everday food situations and maintain our weight.

As long as you avoid carbs and pick something that sticks to your ss+ list ie chicken and fish you will be fine. You can find some nicely flavoured dishes on the menu that will surprise you how diiferent and nice food can taste even though it's not naughty ie covered in a sauce or deep fried. I had a grilled chicken breast with veg which was flavoured with cumin and it came with a choice of dip-the usual sour cream etc but I chose the healthier choice which was a fresh salsa, ok not strictly ss+ because of the onion and tomato but a much helathier option and it's little things like this that will help. Have a lovely time (sorry to ramble) xx

As others have said try and stick to lean protein, fish or chicken, either with low carb vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, courgettes, or cabbage) or with salad, lettuce and cucumber. The choices are fairly limited whilst on ss+ but if you want to stay on plan and not sabotage the diet these foods are your best bet!
Any decent restaurant will be able to cater to your requirements without making a fuss!

Hey
Just wanted to say hope you have a nice meal..
I went out lots on ss+ and wherever I went just asked them to make me grilled chicken with green salad, and most places would be able to do that for you.. If not fish is always a good option with vegetables or even a tuna salad just stay away from sauces.
Enjoy x

Don't fuss over the menu; any place worth it's reputation will hook you up with something diet friendly if you ask them. Or if you don't want to be the 'diet person' to the rest of the group then tweak a menu option to suit; choose the fish and get it with steamed veg, no potatoes or sauce.

That's what I'm planning on doing when we're away in a couple of weeks.

There's a chicken salad you can get from Pizza Express which is LOVELY. Just ask for the dressing at the side, and say no to the doughsticks. I ask for the tomatoes they serve as a starter as an extra instead of the doughsticks but this isn't very SS+. It's a great salad though.

My low carb friend went to Wagamama recently and said they're serving a new salad, maybe check their menu for SS+ compliance?

There's a chicken salad you can get from Pizza Express which is LOVELY. Just ask for the dressing at the side, and say no to the doughsticks. I ask for the tomatoes they serve as a starter as an extra instead of the doughsticks but this isn't very SS+. It's a great salad though.

Hi - thanks for your post (above) one of my friends is leaving work and we all (all the PA's) are going out for lunch, I don't want to be the 'one on the diet' and we are going to Pizza Express - can you let me know which salad it is? as that's the one that I'll order! Thanks in advance :)

Pollo Verdure

A warm feast of torn chicken breast and chargrilled Italian vegetables tossed with honey and mustard dressing, served on rocket and baby spinach and drizzled with balsamic syrup

with
Rustica Tomatoes

Roasted tomatoes marinated with fresh herbs and olive oil

instead of the accompaying doughsticks

-----

Obviously the dressing is off limits (although it is lovely) so maybe ask for something else?

This is obviously not SS+ and can contain a lot of oil but it's the best of the slim pickings at Pizza Express for dieters!

Back