Eating out????

dominoes

Silver Member
I've just swapped to calorie counting from ww and I'm a bit terrified of this coming weekend! I'm away visiting some friends and I know I can eat healthily most of the weekend (alcohol may be more of an issue!) but we're out to eat on Friday night. We're going to a really nice Turkish place (not a kebab shop!) but I have no idea what the calories might be or how to find generic restaurant values on MFP. Does anyone have any tips or know any approximate calories?

Thank you!! :)

If you search on mfp there may be some generic values, or search on google and calorie king or calorie count may have something similar too :)

Independent restaurants are so hard to count for, just enjoy yourself in moderation lol xx

If you search on mfp there may be some generic values, or search on google and calorie king or calorie count may have something similar too :)

Independent restaurants are so hard to count for, just enjoy yourself in moderation lol xx

Thank you! I will check out calorie king and calorie count. Luckily the plan's changed and we're getting Vietnamese - much more diet friendly!

Eating out is my nightmare too. So many people try to force feed you rubbish and you get horrible looks when you say you're on a diet. Don't give in to peer pressure is my top tip. If you don't want to eat something don't, be proud to say you're watching your weight... and watch out for liquid calories.

hayrae now thats so true peeps trying to push you to eat or drink things you do do not want to im sick of my so called friends doing this i have turned down a goodnight out for cancer because of this because i said i will not drink i said sod them if they was my friends they would stand by me

Exactly. You do very well to stand up for yourself. Your friends should support you. You should always allow yourself a treat but it has to be on your terms... For example... I would rather have a bar of chocolate on a Saturday night than a glass of wine with my friends on a Friday night!

Back