Eating "proper" food after 7 months on SS, VLCD

Ann, your weight loss is truly staggering!!! Well done you!

I reached my goal on 1 May and i have to stay maintaining it is so bloody hard - but not impossible!! I fluctuate wildly and can put half a stone and lose it again in a matter of days! It's all about balance at the end of the day, and it will always be a daily battle. We all have major food issues but it's how we deal with them on a daily basis that matters.

Today i'm the biggest i've been since hitting target and i'm so angry with myself. I was 10stone 3 on Friday and today i'm 10 stone 10lbs. I have a problem with bingeing - i'm either fantastic and eat 1000 cals a day or i binge and eat thousands and thousands!!

I love being slim, and no food is worth putting the weight on but i kid myself that it's gonna be a one off when i have a clear pattern of bingeing every 4/5 days!

Good luck honey

Ann, who would have thought it when we started this journey more or less together back on the other board that we would be so far along just a few months later - AMAZING results and I am thrilled for you. Keep the good work up.

Barbara, I know, it is truly amazing. I still have to pich myself sometimes.
Karen, thanks for your post, it really helps to hear about these things. I think I might be a "feast or famine" type of person as well. Like you say - one day at a time, and a balanced view of the whole picture - that means no panic if I DO put some weight on, as long as it is sorted PROMPTLY!!!! Ann x

Barbara, I know, it is truly amazing. I still have to pich myself sometimes.
Karen, thanks for your post, it really helps to hear about these things. I think I might be a "feast or famine" type of person as well. Like you say - one day at a time, and a balanced view of the whole picture - that means no panic if I DO put some weight on, as long as it is sorted PROMPTLY!!!! Ann x

That is exactly right Ann! Well summed up honey!!!!

Hi Ann

Just found your post and it's really spooky - I'm about to start eating after 7 months on SS and I think we have lost about the same amount of weight!!

How are you finding things? I'm absolutely petrified!

Jem xx

Hi Jem, I was petrified too, and I'm still scared, but have been fine so far. On Tuesday, CDC advised me to do 1,000 cals for last stone, so when I saw bread, rice pasta & potatoes on the list, it freaked me out a bit.
Yesterday, I had my first slice of bread since January 4th, with a boiled egg, for breakfast. I kept imagining that the carbs would unlock the "hunger monsters" but I was fine. Haven't tackled rice, pasta or potatoes yet.
I have a natural yoghurt each day as I don't like milk.
Honestly, it has been OK. I am going to stick to the rules to the letter though, if I possibly can - Cambridge has advised me very well so far. Keep in touch.
Ann x

I am going to stick to the rules to the letter though, if I possibly can - Cambridge has advised me very well so far. Keep in touch.
Ann x

Good for you! That's how I felt. The diet hadn't let me down until goal, how could I forsake it at the stabilisation part.

I remember being a bit cross (okay...I was very cross from 1,000 upwards :D), but anyway....cross cos one fortnight I was allowed bread (or was it potatoes) each day, then the next two weeks it wasn't on the plan. Was I mad!! Glad to see they've revised the plan though. It looks much more logical now.

Best of luck to you and Jem.

Thanks Ann - like you, I intend to do it word for word as it's worked for me so far!

Karion - you are my maintenance inspiration :p

Jem xx

Karion - you are my maintenance inspiration

Thank you Jem
girl%20(28).gif

You've done so very well so far, stick to the next bit like glue and you won't be disappointed.

Please don't kill anyone on the way though. I found that I ran out of room under the floorboards quite quickly :D

Back