Eating tonight what should I do?

lostpolarbear

When I did lipotrim 2 years ago i stuck to it completely but this time i dont want it to effect celebrations so i'm having chinese for a birthday. I'm on SS, and i was going to have a stir fry with no carbs, and just eat a tiny portion. Should i just have one shake and then the meal or 2 shakes? I'd be able to survive on just one til tea..what do you think? and will it really effect my weight loss? I'm due my TOTM tomorrow anyway so i know that will effect it this week...

Hi LP,

I think you should have all the shakes you are supposed to have for nutritional reasons -- and try to stick to a low carb meal. Here is some advice written by a dietician.

Eating Out on a Diet: Chinese Food
Eating Out on a Diet: Chinese Food
By Dietitian, Juliette Kellow BSc RD

Although traditional Chinese meals are low-in fat and packed with vitamins and minerals, the dishes from Chinese restaurants and takeaways can be loaded with calories, because a lot of oil is used and many foods are deep-fried. It’s also easy to over order and then eat too much as a result. Get round this by ordering just one starter and portion of rice to share, and one main dish each.
Starters

Most starters are dieting disasters as they’re deep fried and come in bite-sized pieces so it’s easy to keep eating them – we’re talking sesame prawn toast, prawn crackers, crispy wontons, spring rolls, crispy seaweed and ribs. If you can’t resist, soups are the best choice as they’re usually made from a clear broth.
Crispy duck

It might be a favourite but a serving of just two filled pancakes contains around 400 calories – and it’s usually served in addition to the starters and main courses in many Chinese restaurants! The calorie content is so high because the duck is served with it’s skin and this is the fattiest part. If you still can’t resist, fill your pancake with plenty of low-calorie cucumber and spring onion, add a spoonful of plum sauce and just a tiny piece of duck without the skin!
Chopsticks

Using chopsticks can help slow down the speed at which you eat, especially if you’re not very good at using them – you’ll spend more time trying to get the food from the plate to your mouth!
Rice

It’s been said before, but it really does slash the calorie content of meals if you choose boiled rather than fried rice. A serving of boiled rice contains just 370 calories, while egg fried rice adds up to 625 calories. Go for the special fried rice, which also contains meat and prawns and you’ll boost the calorie content even more. Alternatively, keep calories down by choosing a main course that’s already served with rice or noodles such as beef chow mein or chicken fried rice.

MM

Hi,
My CDC said that chicken chow mein was the best thing on chinese. I guess though, you could always ask how it's cooked. It differs from restaurant to restaurant - some chuck extra veg and sauce in & some do it quite dry. Good Luck

have all your shakes that day as it will stop you from feeling mega hungry and then pigging out. also focus on the meat meals. ask for your stir fry to be done without oil. so it's just veggies and meat with the flavouring. don't get noodles or rice if you want to stay in ketosis, no prawn crackers either.

hope you enjoy it :) I have had the odd takeaway and the one thing that doesnt knock me out of ketosis is foo yung , its like a big chinese omelette, so eggs meat and veg , and its yum :)

I think you should have all 3 shakes , you will have a few extra calories but your body still needs all the good stuff in the shakes

Minniemel, thanks for that info!! :) I had steak and stir fry veg with no rice :) georgie, I thought noodles would be worse as full of carbs? I love chow mein! Determinator, that sounds delish! Xxx

Good choices LP -- I hope you had a fun night out! MM

Chow mein is terrible!!! I think your CDC means chop suey

I remember frOm my WW days it was only 5 points!

The lowest thing on the menu
X

Back