EE Day. Left over chicken??

Winny

Hi all
I need some inspired ideas for left over roast chicken.
There's quite a bit there....

I looked in my cupboard and found a Chicken Chasseur sachet mix and really don't want to use it. Wasted syns extra...
I'm sure you geniuses will come up with some brilliant concoctions :kissass:

Thanks in advance

Have you got the new sw magazine theres a recipe for chicken pies using mash as the topping.

Can you adapt that with things you have in the house, I didnt buy tarragon but I had some dried rosemary and thyme.

It really is very nice and one of the best things i have had on sw.

I always think cold chicken is really nice with baby potatoes and home made coleslaw (made with fromage frais and quark) and general salad!

Another thing I quite like doing with various left overs is making a sort of crazy left over paella type dish using a packet of bachelors savoury rice.

I make the rice as per instructions but undercook it slighty (by about 3 or 4 minutes). I use some onions, mushrooms, bacon, carrots, anything you want and dice them up and fry with fry light. Once browned add the rice and some beef/chicken/veg stock (depending on the flavour rice) and it all reduces down and it's really filling and tasty.

Hope that's some help!

I just had the chicken & barley broth from the new magazine and it was amazingly yummy. just right for the cold weather here

Back