EE free american bean pie!

Shelly-belly

had to share my lush recipie with u all. Named American bean pie by my other half who introduced me to it. Was unsure at first but total comfort food and totally free on EE!

Dry fry extra lean mince till brown
Throw in tin of beans (I love Branson)
Cook for 3 mins to heat beans
Put in oven dish and top with mash tatties
Grill
Scoff

Sounds like a 'Ranchero' pie I used to make....super yummy. I used a wee tin of curried beans and sweetcorn in mine :)

That sounds yummy! I think I'm going to try that tommorow nite for dinner. Cheers Shelly-belly :)

Oh Shelly, just remembered that I added cheese to the mash......so really you could have superfree and HEA!! :)

I really miss corned beef hash! so im going to try it with minced low fat pork instead.. not sure if its going to turn out quite the same!
Has anyone done this?

Yum total comfort food, the pie idea sounds lush!

Why not try low fat corned beef?

How about adding some worchester sauce or oxo cube. I'll have go!

Does anyone know why my ticker that I copyed and pasted does not appear properly? Is it because i am still trying to post the 50 posts required to be 'revealed'

Shelly-belly said:
had to share my lush recipie with u all. Named American bean pie by my other half who introduced me to it. Was unsure at first but total comfort food and totally free on EE!

Dry fry extra lean mince till brown
Throw in tin of beans (I love Branson)
Cook for 3 mins to heat beans
Put in oven dish and top with mash tatties
Grill
Scoff

As an American I've never heard of anything like it. It sounds good though!! It reminds me a bit of how some ppl make their baked beans. Add minced beef, Bacon, mustard, brown sugar, ketchup, beans (multiple varieties) and put in slow cooker. Our beans are sweeter. But so yum. And I LOVE baked beans with mash. I'm going to try this!! Thanks love!

Back