Eeeek am I doing something wrong??

I joined SW in September but fell off the wagon after 3 weeks (lost 9lb in total) and did not go back. I then went on holiday and put on even more!! Just didn't have the courage to admit I'd gained.

I went back on SW (just doing it myself at home) in late January and since have lost 22lb. So I've done very well. Last week I lost 3lb despite being a bit naughty at the weekend - but usually I stick to plan 100%. Every couple of weeks we will have a night out with a bit of a blowout but my appetite isnt as big as it used to be so I don't eat as much and don't seem to gain.

I am worrying though as I do all Green days. I'm a total carb addict like many women - also I went off meat during the early part of my pregnancy with my son who's 11 months (even the smell of meat cooking made me puke!) and have been off it a bit ever since. Surely so many carbs can't be good for me as I also usually have cereal and bread/cheese for my HexB's. Today was:

2 weetabix (HexB) with milk from HexA and sweetener.
Pasta and Pesto (Tomato - 2.5 syns) with melted cheese (28g cheddar - HexB).
1/2 pack of Quavers (2.5 syns).
Loads of raspberries
2 quorn sausages with a Bachelors beef rice sachet (couldn't manage all of it)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
Also a few cuppas with milk from remainder of HexA and sweetener.

I usually have pasta, or a salad, or a Quorn ham sandwich for my dinner. Tea is:
-Pasta
-Jacket potato with beans and salad.
-SW eggs, chips and beans.

My diet is REALLY not varied at all. With an 11 month old I just don't have the time and I'm so used to just chucking some homefries in the deep fryer or a ready meal in the oven that all this cooking (and as you can see - I don't do much!) is alien to me and I seem to live on pasta, pesto and melted cheese as I love it so much and it's cheap & quick.

Does my diet sound OK? I try to throw a red day in every week cos it does boost my weight loss. But I struggle so much with the meat!!! Am majorly off fish at the mo too since I made Garlic prawns off the SW website (was tasty but repeated on me something terrible - TMI).

I'm just looking for some reassurance really that I'm not the only one doing Green and living off baked beans!!!!! Sorry for the rant!

Phil xx

You don't have to do red days...think of all the veggies! They never do a red day....
I think you need more superfree foods. There doesn't seem to be much green stuff in your diet - can you get more fruit and veg in there?
I can understand you struggle with time with your little 'un, but it really doesn't have to be that hard to make tasty, goodness-packed foods. And getting yourself into good habits with the food will stand your child in good stead too, so they can eat what you eat and eat well :)
There are so many recipe ideas here and plenty of people in the same/similar position to you. Give yourself a little time to look after yourself, plan how your week will pan out and I'm sure you'll be successful.

Thanks for replying.
I probably could get more veg in there. It's not like I dislike veg, I've just got a bit of a hangover from childhood about it! Y'know "Veg is boooo-rring". :rolleyes:
I used to make soups a lot with superfree veggies, I should get back on that. The little one liked them too! But I've gone off em so stopped doing it - that seems to be the story of my life!!!
Wondering what else I can do with veg...I'm useless! lol!

You can always roast your veg in the oven. Just chop them up nice and thick and spray with fry light and pop them in the oven. You could always syn a spoonful of honey and drizzle that over the top of the veg too.

My saviour is leek and sweed mash. I LOVE it. Boil your sweed and leeks separately, then mash them together when they're cooked. very tasty. One other thing I did with leeks and love is once they're cooked, stir in a tablespoon of vlf cream cheese and chives.. now that is gorgeous and hubby asks me to make them a lot.

Hi Make sure you weigh your milk (or count it as syns) as you are having breakfast and cuppa teas ... it soon adds up. milk is my biggest reason for putting the weight on over the years.

Good Luck

Phil xx

I do all green days, being a vegetarian, and it's been fine. I do make vegetables and pulses the main component of my meals though, I've been quite careful from the word go about having things like pasta and rice (I'm sure I could eat my own weight in those every day quite easily!). I tend to keep them to maybe twice a week.

I don't have a very varied diet either, I tend to have favourite meals over and over again. But because I'm making vegetables the focus of those meals most of the time, I'm still eating a much wider range of veg than I was getting before.

Homemade soups are such a brilliant way of getting your veggies, I'm positively addicted to soup-making lately. So damn cheap as well, along with pulses like lentils and split peas. I pay 49p in Sainsburys for a 500g pack of yellow split peas, which makes three huge pots of soup.

Get a tub of sweetener, get some strawberries and sit with watching tv, I polished of a whole tub (luckily half price in Tesco ATM). 1 of your five a day. Chuck some broccoli in that pasta. 2 of your five a day. seee where I'm going with this, anything you make, just think, what can I throw in this to (a) bulk it out, (b) make it healthier. You're doing fine as you are, but as others have said, more 'superfree' foods will definately help.

What about stir fries, they are quick and you can easily shove the veg in.

Yep, another of my favourites! I'm usually having about six different vegetables when I do a stir fry. Add some quorn pieces and a sachet of Blue Dragon Wholewheat Noodles (2.5 syns), and you have a massive, filling meal that's providing you with lots of veggies in a tasty way.

Back