Eeeek! (Help please!)

hannahstar

Hello WW guys!

So after a tried and failed attempt at the Cambridge Diet (Sole-sourcing), I am starting Weight Watchers - well started and signed up as soon as I bailed on the CD.

I have a super busy and kind of unpredictable lifestyle being a student, (which is what got me in this mess!) so I signed up to do it online, and have been making food plans and allsorts. So I've been given my daily points allowence of 27.

Now after doing my food plans and cutting out all the crap (sweets and crisps etc) and eating generally ALOT better, I've only used 16.5 points the last couple of days. I don't want to like, eat 5 chocolate bars 'cos my points allow it - but have I done something wrong? I am okay to stick to those 16 points - so far the last two days have been without snacks, but I drink kind of heavily around once a week.

I have around 6 stone to loose, so I wondered if maybe that was the cause of having a 27 point allowence.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Hannah x

Hello there, yeah the points reflect that like you said. I don't think your doing anything wrong tbh, but I think if your only having 16/27 then your body could think it's being starved and give you the opposite result to what you want. Maybe just save 4 a day and that should cover the drinking session as long as you plan what uour going to drink and stick to it.

Goodluck x

Hi

I agree with Suz ... it's okay to give yourself a kick start for one week, but after that you should only save a maximum of 4 points.

Filling your points up with chocolate etc isn't the only way ... you can chose the non diet version of things, or just have higher pointed meals by adding more protein or carbs. If you do have less points now you will have nothing to reduce when you lose the weight, so it will slow up, plus your body needs the 27 points a day to keep going and burn off calories, I know it seems bizarre to think you have to eat more to lose weight ... but it works!

Okay - I think I've rambled on enough lol ... but finally enjoy all your points, one day you'll be wishing you had them back :D

Twigs
xx

Hi, good luck!! I'm on 27 points too at the moment. They say you can save some each day, but it's not recommended to save too many. We have the 27 points allowance for a reason. I think if we don't use that many of them each day, our body's will just store any fat that it takes in because it thinks it's being starved (even though you might not feel hungry). I don't drink alcohol, so I don't really save points. The only time I save a few is like this week, where it's my partners birthday and we went out for a meal last night. Good luck, and keep in touch with how you get on

It's just that my problem was always snacking, I never ate much at meal time so I guess it's a little bit of a shock to the system - trying to eat loads at mealtime! I will try and fill it up... depending on how far the old student loan stretches :D

Thanks for the advice girls :)

xx

It's just that my problem was always snacking, I never ate much at meal time so I guess it's a little bit of a shock to the system - trying to eat loads at mealtime! I will try and fill it up... depending on how far the old student loan stretches :D

Thanks for the advice girls :)

xx

If you like soups they are on special offer still in asda! WW ones 3 for £1 i think it was :) I know what it's like when your on the student budget! You just grab anything which is cheap no matter of the calories! :D

Could do things like Beans on toast for lunch? Maybe quite filling and if you get WW Bread it's only half a point per slice and beans are 1 point per 3 tablespoons :) hehe so just have loads of bread and beans! ;)

Also the WW meals are really good! and quick to do, I know that's better for the Student lifestyle! Iceland and Cool Traders do them for £1 and i think the offer of 5 for £5 in Asda might still be on! :) But in Iceland they also do the WW Pizza's which are yummy and the WW chips! which are only 2 points per 100gs so pile them on ;) soon make up your points hehe :p

I was thinking of buying the WW meals, but I thought it'd be loadss more expensive, but I will deffo have a look into it! Quite sick of soups after CD-ing... Haha. But WW chips huh... sound yummy!

Hi there...:)
BNS (butternut squash) chips are really nice too and 0 points...there are loads of British ones in the greengrocers at the mo so the prices are good..

Never sure how to cook BNS, only seen it mashed and it looks a bit horrible.

Top+tail it,peel with a veg peeler,cut in half remove seeds and chop into thick chips..put onto a baking tray,spray with frylight or ww oil sprayer (not the full spray)cook in a hot oven for around 30 mins turning a few times during cooking...hmm hmm enjoy x :)

Ahaa cool thanks for the tips :D
... may have to invest in a better veg peeler!

Never sure how to cook BNS, only seen it mashed and it looks a bit horrible.

I thought that at first, but it's what i have now every sunday instead of mash :D It's not too bad, it's very sweet in taste though, it's just the colour that's a bit off putting! :)

The meals are good if your in a rush to buy, so if you know your heading out somewhere and want something quick to fill you up then it's a good idea! :)

Other than that what I've been doing is buying frozen chicken breast's very low in points and can be put with many things to make different dishes ... Chicken and pasta, chicken with a WW curry sauce, or curry power is 0 points, chicken and salad, chicken and jacket potato! :D it's my main ingredient , even with a load of veg and mash :)

Yeah my main ingredient is chicken too! It's just so cheap!:D I have trouble with trying to put red meat in my diet and I'm not entirely sure what 'red' meat is or what to do with it!

Yay for chicken!

pick up stuff like Smirky said - beans, ww products if they're on offer, etc.. i keep a pretty low budget in my house - i buy a lot of sainsburys basics products - their wafer thin ham is really nice and the cheapest you can buy - their basic tinned soups are max 2.5 points a tin and i really like them. Quorn products like the chicken style pieces and mince are often on offer so worth picking up - full bag only 4.5 points and does min. 2 meals :)

I've never actually tried Quorn :eek:
I feel a little happier now knowing that I don't have to shop expensively to eat well:)

I've never actually tried Quorn :eek:
I feel a little happier now knowing that I don't have to shop expensively to eat well:)

I tried the Quorn mince meat, and it wasn't to my taste, seemed sweet for some reason, lol, but the Quorn Chicken is nice and Sausages :)

Quorn is AMAZING! Or at least I think so! We use it in my household for chili and spag bol. People say its got a bit of a strange taste, but we love garlic and herbs and chili in my house so we pack our food with flavors and because quorn is so low on points, we can get a very good meal out of it.
The other thing I would say is to stock up on vegetables. If I came away from WW the first time it was to absolutely pack your plate with as much veg as you can stomach! Its free on points, very good for you, and adds a bit of colour to meals.
The only other thing I cansuggest is to use a slow cooker. I got given one and never really used it until recently but the meals you can get out of it are amazing! And some are so low in points you wondered if you worked it out wrong. Perfect for a busy lifestyle too as they can cook for as long as you need them to, AND brilliant for economising on food, we put all our left over veg, potatoes and sometime meat into a bender, and then put it back in the slow cooker to warm on a weekend for a nice hearty Soup.

Back