Eggs!

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Already I've noticed that eggs are probably the most versatile food in the Atkins diet for me!!

But how many a day is it safe to have? Any recommendations?

TIA x

Hello Dawnie... I don't think there's a limit but it's wise to eat everything in moderation :)

Hello Dawnie... I don't think there's a limit but it's wise to eat everything in moderation :)

Yes Di, you're right! I will limit to 3 a day knowing that some days I may have less. They are just too damn useful!! :D

Thanks
x

Yes! I've certainly become to value eggs... I read somewhere that they were nigh on a perfect protein and should be classed as a super food. :)

I have never ever tried eggs at all (unless they've been baked in a cake.. o dear!) - so I am really looking forward to trying them when I start eating low carb - I BETTER like them or else haha!

mightymonocle said:
I have never ever tried eggs at all (unless they've been baked in a cake.. o dear!) - so I am really looking forward to trying them when I start eating low carb - I BETTER like them or else haha!

You have never had eggs??! Not even dippy egg with soldiers as a kid?! Ur missing out on a whole world of meals lol! Xx

i absolutely detest eggs now after low carbin for a while, they have such a horrible aftertaste to me n so try to avoid them lol

Can I just say, if you don't like them, don't give up on them! I wasn't overly keen on them to begin with but now they are a staple of my diet. I go through phases of eating them prepared a different way. Can't seem to have a mix. I started with omelettes, then fried, then boiled, now backed to omelettes!

Hi James, haven't seen you for a while. How's life? Hope all well:)

Hi!

Not too bad thanks. Settled in new job now. Just had another month of not getting anywhere with the diet :(

Got a day off tomorrow. Planning on really starting again and going for a 4 mile walk!

How about you?

Morning James... So glad you're settled in the new job and hope you enjoyed the walk :)

Excellent news MM

I used to bake egg and bacon muffins years ago when I first did Atkins - line muffin tin with ham, crack in an egg, sprinkle with grated cheese. Used to make 2-4! Have couple in morning with some tinned tomatoes/mushrooms - also good to pack up and have cold in the day.

Back