Eggs

*angela*

Silver Member
Hi guys and girls...

Ive loads of eggs in the house to use and want to make something quick for dinner with them - any ideas what way i could make them / accompany with them to include also my third of the plate?

Ive made the quiche before - not too keen - and omelette's arent my fave thing either... so it does kind of limit me.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

mmmm i love eggs!!!! one of the girls at class told us what she does is stir up 2/3 eggs, and puts into one of the plastic cartons you get from the chinese takeway. She then puts some onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers etc on top and puts into microwave for under 2 mins.. I know a few of the other girls have done it and loved it,, personally i havent got around to doing it yet..

I was going to suggest an omelette, but I guess that's out of the window lol.

What about a Slimming World style fry up? A couple of fried eggs (in FryLight of course), Bacon (fat removed), Mushrooms, Tomatoes and baked beans :drool: Maybe even a few Slimming World chips too, or a few Quorn sausages (1 Syn each)

Ooh that sounds lovely, do you know if all the eggs and the veg need to be cooked first before all being put in the microwave together?

x

slimming world carbonara... smoked bacon fried in frylight, pasta boiled, mix egg with tblsp quark (per egg) and 50g of parmesan in a bowl, when pasta is cooked stir through the bacon and egg mixture and the heat of the pasta will cook the egg but still leave a sauce consistency.

Then chocolate mousse for dessert 2 eggs beaten to soft peaks, quark, highlights hot chocolate, natural friomage frais and a tblsp of sweeter mixed to a creamy consitency, fold this mixture into the egg, place in cups and refrigerate.

hi angela,, mam made it and said that no she just put them in and they cooked in the microwave,,, fast and quick and no bother:)lol... enjoy,,think i'll try one tonight:)

What about pickled eggs - Mmmm one of my favorite treats. Although, you will have to wait about 2 weeks to eat them ;-)

British Pub Pickled Eggs

Ingredients
  • 12 hard-boiled eggs
  • 4 cups of malt vinegar
  • 1 finely chopped chilli pepper
  • 10 black peppercorns
  • 10 whole cloves
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 tsp of allspice
Method
  1. Peel the hard-boiled eggs, allow them to cool and then place them in a large clean jar.
  2. Heat the vinegar and the spices in a saucepan until the liquid begins to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
  3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to about room temperature.
  4. Strain the liquid and pour over the eggs covering them completely.
  5. Seal the jar tightly with the lid and store in a cool and dark place for a minimum of two weeks before consuming.

I made some Devilled eggs today.

Hard boiled, peeled, chopped in half then the yolks removed into a bowl.
Mush the yolks with some stuff...
I used quark cottage cheese mustard powder couple table spns vlf mayo and spring onion, mix.all that.
Stick it all back into the yolkless eggs. Sprinkled with paprika.
V nice they were too.

Use them for Scotch eggs, there was a recipe on this forum.

Back