Eggs!!

gibb1992

Hi all I'm just wondering about the pp of eggs medium and large! Do they points change if they are boiled or poached?
Really fancy eggs for breakfast but need to know points lol :)
Thanks all :)

New year new me!

2 pp for a medium egg, points are the same if you boil and poach (without fat). large eggs is 3pp i believe.

2 pp for a medium egg, points are the same if you boil and poach (without fat). large eggs is 3pp i believe.

Thank you so much! Cxxx

no problemo :)

Poached eggs are my addiction at the mo (now that ive learnt to do them properly!)

How do you poach eggs properly?? I can never get it right!

Well its better than the way i used to do it, but i use a saucepan and fill with about 1"-1.5" of water, boil then return to a simmer. Place in the egg from directly over the water (not a high drop in), cook for 3 minutes and voila! Never had a hard yolk since! Of course this method replies on fresh eggs, if the white runs a lot then the egg is not as fresh as it should be!

i used to use a poaching pan with the little cups but having it just in boiling water seems to make them taste better!

Hope that makes sense :)

Well its better than the way i used to do it, but i use a saucepan and fill with about 1"-1.5" of water, boil then return to a simmer. Place in the egg from directly over the water (not a high drop in), cook for 3 minutes and voila! Never had a hard yolk since! Of course this method replies on fresh eggs, if the white runs a lot then the egg is not as fresh as it should be!

i used to use a poaching pan with the little cups but having it just in boiling water seems to make them taste better!

Hope that makes sense :)

Thanks for that! Going to get some eggs next week and give it a bash! Not had a decent poached egg in a long time.

You'll have to let me know how you get on :) x

I've seen little bags in aldi that you use for poaching eggs ...might give them a try. X

I usually add a touch of vinegar to the water- got that from my mum, don't know really if it helps or hinders the process. 2 points? I think I see a poached egg coming for lunch one day.

Hello! As a newbie, I'm completely baffled by the eggs!! What if I fry the egg? No fat but fry light! Same PP for medium and large I guess!!?

Thanks for all your comments and stories, you gave me the motivation to start slimming again! x

Hello! As a newbie, I'm completely baffled by the eggs!! What if I fry the egg? No fat but fry light! Same PP for medium and large I guess!!?

Thanks for all your comments and stories, you gave me the motivation to start slimming again! x

Yes all eggs are the same no matter how you cook them (if no oil fat ect)
Medium 2pp
Large 3 pp

Good luck Hun you'll be a skiny mini in no time :) I'm just starting my second week today an manged to loose 8lb on my first week on ww!
Xxx

Back