Electric Soup Maker?

CJxxx

Just wondered if anyone here has an electric soup maker? One of my husbands colleagues says its the best thing she has bought in a long time. From what I understand you can shove anything in it, all at once, without using any form of oil then just leave it to cook. Much like a mini slow cooker. Apparently it prepares a smooth or chunky soup depending on your preference.

I was thinking it could be the perfect answer for SW lunches. As my fridge now always rammed with veg I could throw it together without anything naughty & enjoy a good hearty, Syn free soup each day without the hassle of having to watch over a sauce pan for half an hour, then getting burnt & covered in sloppy veg whilst electric whisking!!

Unlike a slow cooker it's not very big so doesn't make vast quantities & doesn't take forever.

Very tempted!!!

CJxxx

At the moment there is an offer in the latest sw mag for the morphy Richards one :)
id love one of them because I really enjoy soup but can never be bothered to have to cook it all then blend it etc lol xxx

I have this one.:)

30kszzs.jpg

You can make the soup chunky or smooth.:)

Judt looked in the sw mag and this is the exact one :)
is it good then?x

Lol! Didn't realise it was in the SW mag that I saw the advert. I knew I'd seen it somewhere & then DH came home talking about his friend at work who's got one. I reckon it could be worth a purchase as I love homemade soap too but can be faffed to cook it!

Dear Santa, I have been a very girl......:)

CJxxx

Personally I do not see any benefit over just using a pot (and a hand blender if you want them smooth) but a lot of people seem to like them. You can get them cheaper online than the SW "offer" apparently :)

I love a gadget - are there any others out there that rival this one?
I'm a debenhams card holder an there is a sale next week....I already want the tefal fresh chopper....!!! Haha x

I'd love one of these, and an actifry, but I have so many kitchen gadgets I think my husband would hit the roof!! He'd probably tell me I had to get rid of one of my gadgets to make room....Sophie's choice!!

Liz
xx

I think they are worth every penny.:)

I think an actifry is the biggest waste of money.

My Actifry is one of my favourite things!!! Funny how we think differently... I think the chips are a million times better, diced potatoes are amazing, roasted veg etc etc, all cheaper and tastier than the oven.

I'd have a soup maker, I like the idea of chucking it in and letting it get on with it, I have a hand blender and a jug blender thing, the jug blender is messy but just think, with a soup maker - one pot!!! I do want one.

I really want one of these! OH and I moving in together in a few months, so may treat myself to one on Nov payday! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol! Didn't realise it was in the SW mag that I saw the advert. I knew I'd seen it somewhere & then DH came home talking about his friend at work who's got one. I reckon it could be worth a purchase as I love homemade soap too but can be faffed to cook it!

Dear Santa, I have been a very girl......:)

CJxxx

As soon as I saw it in the mag I was thinking oooo hello Santa ;) lol
xxx

I've just dropped a little hint with mum and dad! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back