Elle-Moon's SW journey

elle_moon

Hi all,

Ive been doing slimming world for about a month now, as some background its the first time I've done a slimming club - my approach to dieting previously had always been unhealthy (highly restrictive then swinging into compulsive eating, use of diet pills, laxatives.....very unhealthy and potentially damaging).

I've managed to break the cycle of the above unhealthy behaviours as I'd had enough of the constant yo yo'ing, and I was only putting on weight each time round the cycle anyway. I decided to try slimming world as its a heathy eating plan, isn't based on being restrictive and allows me to actually enjoy food again,

I don't have masses of weight to lose, a stone to target from when I started SW, but losing even just a few pounds I find challenging!

First weigh in I lost 3.5 lbs, which I was delighted about, I knew I wouldn't get this every week and suspected it was a combination of water weight and coming off the diet pills I was on (which I've not taken since - 'a day at a time')

Second weigh in I lost 0.5lb - however I went to a SW meeting on a Tues morning as I couldn't attend my usual Mon eve as I was away for work that day - I'm always between 2-3lbs heavier in the evening than in the morning, so although officially I'd lost a further pound (yay!) I rationalised that I hadn't probably lost at all, more likely gained a pound or so :(

Third weigh in (last week) I maintained (which probably constituted a pound loss as I was back to Mon eve SW group)

This week - my weigh in is tomorrow and I'm bricking it.....weighted myself just now at home (Sun eve) and I'm back to my starting weight!

I've been following a Green plan every day since beginning SW (I'm a veggie), having 2x HEB, 1x HEA, average of 1.5 syns (no more than 5 even on a difficult day) and having lots of super free fresh fruit and fat free natural yoghurt. Thing is, know SW works - I'm not suggesting it doesn't as the facts and experience of so many must speak for themselves. What I need to work out is...where am I going wrong, as there must be something I'm doing which is stalling me - all advice from seasoned SW'ers gratefully received!

Here's what I've considered it MIGHT be (keen for your thoughts on this)

1) volume - I'm eating more volume of food than I've eaten in a long time, as mentioned above my modus operandi previously was eating very little (amongst other things) - its all 'on plan' volume though, so would this stall my weight loss?
2) pasta - was always off limits on my various previous diets as I had a tendency to eat lots of it otherwise. As dried pasta is free, I've been having pasta (with plain passata sauce, chopped courgettes, tomatoes, Philly lighter than light tub (HEA) or quark (free) and rocket leaves. Have been having it at least twice a week, and portion size very big
3) eating lots of fresh fruit, not just eating breakfast, lunch and dinner but a couple of bowls of fresh fruit in between (with fat free activia vanilla yoghurt poured over) - is it the extra calories from snacking? (even if it is on fruit)
4) I was intolerance tested a few months ago at a health retreat I was on, and was told I was intolerant to cow's milk - with all the yoghurt (aprox 3-4 pots a day, 1 for breakfast with fruit, 1 in evening between dinner & bed and 1-2 for snacks in the day (again with fruit) - am wondering whether suddenly having lots of cows milk ( in the yoghurt) whereas I rarely had it before, could be bloating me out?

Grateful for your thoughts as I really want to get to the bottom of this and make SW work for me x

Elle

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So here's my food plan for today, am hoping if I stick to 3 meals and don't snack loads (like I have been) in between (even if it is on super free!) things might improve:

Breakfast: chopped fresh fruit, 35g weetabix oat bran (HEB), fat free activia vanilla yoghurt
Lunch: tomato & herb mug shot, with spoonful Quark melted in, tinned sweetcorn
Snack: 1 banana, a muller light banana & custard flavour yoghurt
Dinner: McCain microwave baked potato (1/2 syn), 2 x mini tubs Philly lighter than light (HEA - to use in lieu of butter), tinned sweetcorn, waitrose low fat cottage cheese with chives (free). Side salad: rocket, tomato, cucumber, celery
Drinks: lots of water!

Elle

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back