Emerald's Food Diary

Had a great day today

Red Day

Breakfast - 28g mini weetabix chocolate crisp with milk (HX A) and 0% greek yoghurt and chopped banana and sweetener

Lunch - Cheese (HX A) and onion omelette, with a pack of Ryvita Limbos - salt and vinegar - (3 SYNS) and 1 alpen light bar - chocolate fudge - (1/2 HX B)

Dinner - 1 tablespoon hellman's extra light mayo (1 SYN) with a grilled tuna steak, salad leaves, beetroot, hard boiled egg, grilled smoked bacon, pineapple cottage cheese, tomato and cucumber. Followed by 1 aplen light bar - chocolate fudge - (1/2 HX B) and a mug of options (2 SYNS)

Great day, all HXs and 6 syns! Feeling really back on track!!

Emerald
X

Yesterday

Red Day

Breakfast - 28g of bran flakes (part of HX B) and some milk (HX A) and 0% greek yoghurt, banana, sweetener, cup of tea

Dinner - Large chicken breast sliced open and stuffed with 1 mini baby bel light (part of HX A) and all wrapped up together with smoked bacon, served with foil roasted carrots and mashed turnip with fried onions and boiled spinach mixed in, with some spread (2 SYNS) and a can of diet drink. Followed by a homemade dessert I called Malibu Mocha Mousse which I adapted from the SW site's chocolate and ameretto mousse. I made it with malibu instead and served it combined with some quark mixed with sweetener and some coffee I made with instant coffee and some light squirty cream on top, all layered up and served in a glass. (5.5 SYNS)

Tea - 1 HI FI Bar (HX B) and 1 ryvita (second part of bran flake HX B) and 2 laughing cow lights (second part of cheese HX A) and 1 mini tesco 'snickers' fun size bar (4 SYNS)

All HXs and 11.5 syns.

Emerald
X

Today

Red Day

Breakfast - 28g weetabix mini chocolate crisp (HX B) and milk (HX A) and a banana, 0% greek yoghurt and sweetener, cup of tea.

Dinner - (out at a restaurant) from the menu it was 'rump steak served with mushrooms, tomato, onion rings and chunky chips'. I was with my mum. We asked for the onion rings to be replaced with salad and a small jack spud instead of the chips and they willingly obliged. So
Rump steak (tasted wonderful) with a salad of onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives (about seven so 1 SYN) and 1 small jacket potato (HX B) and a grilled tomato and 1 sachet of salad cream (2.5 SYNS). Mum had the mushrooms because mushrooms are RANK. Drank diet pepsi. When I got home I had another malibu mocha mousse (5.5 SYNS)

Tea - a little portion of tesco healthy choice cottage cheese with pineapple, 4 laughing cow light triangles (HX A) and 2 ryvita (3 SYNS) and a muller light.

Lovely jubbly. All HXs and 12 SYNS. And a wonderful lunch out. Would never choose a jacket over chips or ask for a salad instead of onion rings normally but now I'm FO I know what's best and it was really delicious as well. So there we go.

Emerald
X

Yesterday (WI day and lost another 4lbs!!)

Green Day -

Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal bread (HX B) made up as sweet french toast, a recipe from the previous month's SW mag. 1 egg, a couple of drops of vanilla essence, some sweetener and a drop of milk and a bit of water, whisked together, bread soaked in it for a while, fried the bread up. Had it with some 0& greek yoghurt, chopped banana, chopped honeydew melon, a tsp of honey (1 SYN) and a cup of coffee.

Lunch - 1 pack of low fat sweet thai chilli super noodles. Followed by a tesco fun bar 'toffee crisp' type thing (4 SYNYS)

At WI - I had a diet can and 1 Hi-Fi bar (HX B) (the toffee one, really yum)

Dinner (after WI) - SW chips, stuffed peppers - which was 1 packet of ainsley harriot's spice sensation couscous which I read in the previous month's mag is syn free. However the website seems to say it is 0.5 syns per 100g cooked but I decided that for the amount I was having not to bother synning it. Anyway, mixed the couscous with some chopped up tomatoes (fresh), chopped onion and a double HX A portion of feta cheese (double because hubby was having half). Stuffed that all inside the peppers. Sprayed with fry light and cooked them in the oven for about 30 mins. Also with dinner I made an amazing quorn curry.
I poured out the quorn 'chicken' style pieces into a bowl in the morning. I poured over 2 tsp of honey (so 1 SYN for my portion) and loads of 0% greek yoghurt, some curry powder and some chopped onions. I mixed and covered. When I cooked it up in the evening I threw it all in the pan and cooked for 10 mins with some water and added more yoghurt. It was SO delicious. Not a very saucy curry but ideal with the chips and peppers. I then cut up a mango and served the chopped mango on the side which added a lovely fruit kick to the curry.

After I had a curly wurly (6 SYNS) and an options (2 syns) made with the milk (HX A) I'd been using all day for tea and coffee and a little bit of light squirty cream on the top (0.5 syns) and sprinkled some cinnamon on top.

Hurrah. Super pleased with my loss this week. Must be doing something right!!
Used all HXs today and 14.5 syns!

Emerald
X

Yesterday:

Red Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HX B) with 250ml semi milk (HX A) and a banana, 0% greek yoghurt, sweetener and a cup of tea.

Dinner - a Homemade steak pie - steak pieces, chopped tomatoes, onion, leek, turnip, carrot. Topped with some filo pastry (3 syns). The pastry was a bit rubbish to be honest. Not what I expected. Followed by 2 mini filo pastry apple parcels that I made (4 SYNS) served with some quark mixed with sweetener and a drop of almond essence. Made a fairly nice weird cream thing for the side. Totally free so much better than serving with actual cream.

Tea - 1 hi fi bar (HX B) 2 ryvitas (3 SYNS) and 4 laughing cow extra light triangles (HX A) and 1 tesco fun size 'twix' (4 SYNS)

All HX s and 14 syns.

Got a really nice food day planned today, totally unhealthy and scrummy. Will update later.

Emerald
X

I think your menus are an inspiration Emerald, and well done on your fab weight loss so far. I hope your Dad's got that £100 ready...:D

I shall use some of your great ideas when I start in earnest in a couple of weeks.

Mrs E

Thankyou MrsEdz, I hope you really enjoy SW!

Yesterday

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g bran flakes (part of HX B) and milk (HX A) and sweetener and 0% greek yoghurt.

Lunch (packed, eaten at work) - A pot of salad with tesco light choices cottage cheese with pineapple, with 1 mashed sweet potato with spread mashed in (1 SYN) and 1 apple, 1 slice of honeydew melon, 1 muller light, 1 can Dr Pepper Zero, 1 ryvita (other part of HX B) and 1 mini baby bel light and 2 laughing cow extra light (part of HX A) and 1 tesco fun size 'bounty' (4 SYNS).

Dinner - 1 wholemeal roll (HX B) and 1 laughing cow extra light smotherd on (other part of HX A) and small amount of ketchup (0.5 SYNS), 1 quorn southern burger (2.5 SYNS), SW chips, mushy peas, 1 fried egg. Malibu (2.5 SYNS) and diet coke, 1 mini milk (1.5 SYNS).

Lovely food day, felt totally not like a diet. 12 SYNS and all HXs.

Emerald
X

Today

Green Day

Breakfast - 1 oatso simple (HX B) with milk (HX A) and a chopped banana and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN) and a mug of horlicks extra light from a small sachet (2 SYNS)

Lunch - Cheese (HX A) and onion omelette. Followed by a mini-milk (1.5 SYNS)

Dinner - Roast dinner - roasted chicken (71g, HX B portion), potatoes, carrots, peas, mashed turnip with some spread (1 SYN) and 2 tesco value yorkshire puddings (5 SYNS) and gravy (2 SYNS).

Snack - a bowl full of v. low fat fromage frais, honeydew melon and banana and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN)

All HXs and 13.5 syns.

Emerald
X

Yesterday

Red Day

Breakfast - 1 weetabix (3.5 SYNS) with milk (HX A) and sweetener and a banana and 0% natural fromage frais and a cup of coffee

Lunch - 2 slices of bread (HX B), spread (2 SYNS), ketchup (0.5 SYNS) and bacon. Packet of limbos (3 SYNS)

Dinner - Hunters Chicken - 1 large chicken breast marinated in budweiser BBQ sauce (1/2 syn per tbsp) stuffed with 1 mini baby bel light (HX A) and wrapped in smoked bacon. Served with more BBQ sauce (1 SYN total) Foil roasted carrots, butternut squash mixed with 1 laughing cow extra light (HX A) and potato wedges (HX B). Mini milk (1.5 SYNS) and 1 quality street (2 SYNS).

Snack - 1 ryvita (1.5 SYNS) with 1 laughing cow extra light (HX A)

All HXs and 15 syns.

Emerald
X

Yesterday

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g mini weetabix chocolate crisp (HX B) with 1/2 my milk (HX A) and a banana, 0% greek yoghurt and sweetener and a coffee

Dinner - 1/2 packet of uncle ben's rice sweet thai chilli (1 SYN) and 42g grated healthy living cheese (HX A), 2 tacos (5 SYNS) with chilli (1 SYN for small amount of chilli packet) with kidney beans, chopped and fresh tomatoes, onion, sweetcorn, mushy peas, quark. Followed by 1 aplen light bar (1/2 HX B)

Tea - second Alpen light bar (1/2 HX B), 1 tesco fun sized 'snickers' (4 SYNS), can of diet drink and 1 muller light.

Supper - 1 weetabix (3.5 SYNS) with rest of milk (HX A) and sweetener and 0% greek yoghurt.

All HXs and ooops 15.5 syns. Didn't plan the weetabix but was hungry when I got in from work so had it before sliding into bed! Don't think half a syn is going to matter. I've been particularly hungry the last couple of days, because of my cycle I think.

Emerald
X

I really like your food diary Emerald, its really varied and good use of syns. Are you doing it at home or going to class

Thankyou flippy :) I go to class, started on the 8th August so been doing it for 1 month now. I'm really hoping to get my stone award tomorrow but my scales aren't showing much of a shift for this week, still, I think I will get there by next week if it doesn't happen tomorrow.

My food today:

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g of bran flakes (part of HX B) with most of my milk (HX A) and 0% greek yoghurt and sweetener.

Dinner - 1 tsp honey (1 SYN) mixed with quorn 'chicken' pieces, curry powder, soy sauce, 0% greek yoghurt, chopped tomatoes, onion and water to form a curry, served with a whole pack of batchelors chicken rice. Oh my I was full after this. However I still managed a portion of trifle (10 SYNS) - it was a trifle I made myself and I synned the whole triffle out as 60 syns. I had approx 1/6 (although as you may know when you break into the trifle to serve it sort of caves in on itself so it was a little hard to judge but think I got it right).

I made the trifle like this to save on syns:

first layer - 1 whole pack of co-op trifle sponges, it's an 8 pack and each one is 4 syns so = 32 syns
second layer - 1 packet of hartley's raspberry no added sugar jelly crystals = 1.5 syns
third layer - fruit = free
fourth layer - bird's 'low fat' custard packet made with water = 15.5 syns (hate to think what the normal version is!!)
fifth layer - (normally I'd use a trifle packet or angel delight here but instead I used...) 4 pots of vanilla muller light mixed with a pot of 0% greek yoghurt and sweetener = free
top layer - a thin layer of anchor light aerosol cream - (not sure but guessed at) = 10 syns

which totals 59 so I rounded up to 60 syns. It was delicious.

Tea - 1 Hi Fi bar (HX B) and 1 options (2 SYNS) and 1 muller light and a diet can of pop and 1 ryvita (part of HX B) and 2 laughing cow and 1 babybel light (HX A)

So all HXs and 13 syns... ish, because there was a bit of guess work with the trifle but think it's fine.

Emerald
X

Yesterday:

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g weetabix mini chocolate crisp (HX B), milk (HX A) sweetener, 0% greek yoghurt, banana, fruit tea.

Morning snack - 1 horlicks extra light malt drink (2 SYNS)

Lunch - 1 slices of wholemeal bread (HX B), baked beans, flora extra light (2 SYNS)

At WI - can of sprite zero and a banana

Dinner - 3 Quorn 'chicken' dippers (3 SYNS), mayo (0.5 SYNS), SW chips, a whole tin of spaghetti and 1 fried egg. 1 small glass of wine (4.5 SYNS) and 1 quality street (2 SYNS)

All HXs and 14 SYNS.

Emerald
X

Ok yesterday

Green Day -

Brekkie - 28g bran flakes (part of HX B) and milk (HX A) with sweetener, banana, tea, 0% greek yoghurt

Dinner - Loads (and seriously I mean more than a reasonable portion) of quorn chilli, (1 SYN) because I used part of a packet mix. It had in it onion, chopped tomatoes, quorn mince, sweetcorn, baked beans, kidney beans and quark. With 2 tacos (5 SYNS) and grated cheese (HX A) and mayo (1 SYN) With a shandy (2 SYNS). Followed by 1 alpen light (1/2 HX B)

Tea - 1 ryvita (second part of breakfast's HX B) with 1 laughing cow extra light (1 SYN) and the second alpen light (1/2 HX B) and one tesco fun size 'snickers' (4 SYNS)

All HXs and 14 SYNS

Today

Red Day

Breakfast - 3 slices bacon, 1 scrambled egg, 1 quorn sausage, couple of grilled tomatos and brown sauce (0.5 SYNS)

Lunch - Egg and bacon topped salad with cottage cheese and pineapple, a pear, a banana, a can of diet drink, a muller light. 1 ryvita (1.5 SYNS) and 1 laughing cow extra light (1 SYN)

Dinner - 3 Sainsbury's BGTY sausages (3 SYNS), 2 wholemeal rolls (HX B x2), two slices of cheese (HX A x2), salad and cottage cheese with pineapple, 1 pack of Ryvita limbos (3 SYNS) and BBQ sauce (1.5 SYNS). 1 Cadbury's magical elf bar (3.5 SYNS)

All HXs and 14 SYNS. Pretty good going as I went to a BBQ at a friend's for dinner. I took my diet sausages and had just them instead of standard burgers and sausages. Took my two HX rolls instead of their white cheese topped baps. Didn't have spread. Had their cheese but only 1 small slice in each roll. Had sauce but didn't go mad. Took a large bottle of diet lemonade to stop me from drinking the alcohol and normal fizzy drinks, and the ryvita limbos so I wouldn't eat their crisps and snacks. Also took a small salad and cottage cheese so I could top up on that if I got hungry but it was all plenty really. Had the little chocolate instead of eating their cakes. Not ideal I know BUT stuck to plan and still had a nice time. I figure I can join in more when I'm at goal in less than a year (positive thinking!!)

Emerald
X

Today

Green

Breakfast - 28g honeynut shredded wheat (HX B) with milk (HX A) and an options hot chocolate (2 SYNS), 0% greek yoghurt, banana and sweetener

Lunch - a banana (i was busy! oops)

Dinner - Quorn sausage, potato, chopped tomato, egg, quark, baked together with cheese on top (HX A) served with a roll (HX B) with garlic and spread (2 SYNS), a salad and 7 olives (1 SYN). Followed by a muller light, an options (2 SYNS), one tesco fun sized 'bounty' (4 SYNS) and a large glass of shandy (3 SYNS)

All HXs and 14 SYNS.

Emerald
X

Urgh been really busy. I do have a food diary of the last few days but I will just start again from today

Red Day

Breakfast - 28g of bran flakes (part of HX B) and milk (HX A) and a banana, 0% greek yoghurt and sweetener

Dinner - 1 sirloin steak grilled and served with 2 grilled slices of bacon and a fried egg on top. With a salad and potato wedges (HX B) and a small amount of mustard (0.5 SYNS) and 7 olives (1 SYN) followed by 1 tesco 'toffee crisp' fun sized bar (4 SYNS)

Tea - 1 ryvita (second part of earlier HX B) with 1 laughing cow extra light and 1 mini babybel light (HX A) and an apple.

Supper - 1 options (2 SYNS) with 1 tesco 'twix' fun size bar (4 SYNS) and 1 quality street (2 SYNS)

All HXs and 13.5 SYNS

Emerald
X

Yesterday

Red Day

Breakfast - 1 Oatso Simple sachet (HX B) with milk (HX A) with a chopped banana, 0% greek yoghurt and 1 tsp of honey (1 SYN)

Lunch (packed like a little picnic, I took more than this but was too full so didn't eat the rest) - a plastic box filled with salad, then layered with chive and onion cottage cheese, bacon, BBQ and Mexican chicken strips (morrisons). 2 slices of bread (HX B) with spread (1.5 SYNS) and mustard (0.5 SYNS) and two slices of ham. A diet can.

Dinner - Prawn and Chicken curry with chopped tomatos, 0% greek yoghurt, aubergine, onion curry powder etc. With 1 ryvita (1.5 SYNS), a glass of wine (4.5 SYNS), 1 mini milk (1.5 SYNS) and 1 quality street (2 SYNS)

1 HX A and 2 HX Bs, 12.5 SYNS

Emerald
X

Back