Emily's first time VLCD diary!

Thanks lass! First weigh in... lost 9lbs and 2.5inches from my waist! I don't really know if I'm happy or sad about it lol. I'm happy because it's 9lbs gone, swoosh. I'm sad because I've lost 9lbs in my first week on other diets where I've been eating loads before... but I guess it's all circumstantial. I weighed myself at home and my scales show a loss of 12lbs from last week - nevermind!

I've also been getting weird stomachy pains? Like a sort of sharp stabbing pain? I don't know if that's normal! I had my first solid bar today, my councellor said that she normally suggests people have them in the second week rather than the third as it'll keep me going stronger, especially as I've been struggling with the shakes at work. Maybe it's just my stomachs reaction to solids?

Hum hum. I'm confident I'll last the next week but after that I'm not so sure. My mum is desperately trying to convince me to go back onto healthy eating with her and start exercising loads. I feel confident that between now and the wedding I will stick to some sort of diet/health plan, I just don't know how long I can realistically keep this up. :(

Hy there lucky u got 9 pounds off I only lost 4.5 pounds I don't knw if it's due to me being on my period...me cheating a few times only just having a bite here and there... Or cuz I hav already lost 20pounds before starting diet.... Anyways first week was good and I wanna lose 30 pounds and a size 10 lol..,,in septber I was size 16 and weighed 86kg. Then I lost 12kg and got to size 14 in 6 months by eating healthy...so now I'm on another mission to get to size 10. Let's see how much we loose this week

Thank you Lass321, I really appreciate your support! I think I just feel a bit lost at the moment, going to try and stick this out for a little longer though. :)

Elaha, 4.5lbs is still really good! I think even *tiny* cheats on this diet can make a difference, maybe in the future if you get really hungry you could have some lean chicken or green veg? Well done on losing 20 pounds so far! I think the smaller you are the less you probably lose in your first week, so it's still a good loss. It could be your period too! Maybe see what your CDC says next week. I reeally want to get to a size 12 by my hen night in July, fingers crossed! We can do this! xxx

Hi, I'm on day 11 and have been totally motivated by your posts so far. 9lbs in 1 week is amazing. Look how far you have come since your 1st picture of 16 st. How amazing are you going to feel on your wedding day having got to target (and believe me you can get there). You have managed to conquer week 1 that's a major milestone in itself. I have spent most of my adult life starting diets only to fall off the wagon part way through. I then decide maybe some other diet will work better if i start on Monday!! All i want to say to you is you can do this and i think you might be gutted if you dont stick with it for a bit longer... Your posts have been really motivating me and i think you can do it. I weighing in roughly the same as you and would love to see how we both go. My target is 10st10lb and hopefully in a pair of skinny jeans. We can definetley do this i promise you.

Wow huge difference in the photos!! Looking good hun :) xx

Ahh thank you both, I really wish I'd read your comments before this morning!

I had a bit of an emotional breakdown yesterday! I just woke up feeling really rubbish, I was working from home and finding it really hard to focus on anything. I was FREEZING cold and kept getting really weird stomach pains, I don't know what happened! When Liam got home from work I just burst into tears lol. We're moving house this weekend and I just didn't have the energy to do anything and I was getting angry at myself. I ended up going to Sainsburys and getting some chicken and vegetables and I felt so much better after I'd eaten something. I really don't want to discourage anyone from doing this diet as I think it's incredible and even necessary at times, I just don't know if it is the right thing for me at the moment. I've decided to spend the next week on a ultra healthy low carb diet to try and pick myself back up a bit but without putting on any weight. I'm also going to start the couchto5k running plan and go swimming a few times a week. I know it seems like I've given up but I really, really do want to lose weight. I just don't want to lose my mind at the same time. :( If I haven't managed to lose anything by myself in the next few weeks I'll definitely go back on CD - I just really want to give this a go. I'm sorry for letting you guys down!

It doesn't sound like you've given up. It sounds like you have made a very rational decision for very sound reasons. CD is not ideal if you are having to very physically active - and moving house is not a gentle stroll in the park. You have not let anyone down. Keep your health and wellbeing in mind and make healthy food and exercise choices and you will be back in control. You may decide to return to CD when things settle down, or you may move on to something different. Whatever you do be proud of yourself - we are all proud of you :)

You haven't given up and you haven't let anyone down, CD is tough at the best of times let alone moving and planning a wedding. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thank you both. I know I keep saying it but the support on here is one of the main things keeping me going! I've just got back from an hour long swim and it definitely helped clear my mind a bit. I am determined to keep losing weight! I've had about 800 calories today in total, I'm going to keep having one CD bar a day as they keep me full for a really long time. I've got some fish and broccoi for dinner, so that should be healthy enough to not put back on the 9lbs I've just lost. If I maintain this week I'll be happy!

Liam and I are moving in with my parents, I think it'll be much easier to maintain a healthy diet there as my mum is also trying to lose weight and I always seem to feel much less tempted to eat when I'm there. We'll also be splitting the cooking which will be amazing, I think Liam's probably cooked about 3 times in the 3 years we've lived together lol. Typical boy!

Hope you're having a good day! x

Last edited:
It's great that you can do this with your mum. I think it really helps when you have someone doing it with you. You can do this. I'm on day 12 today and will have my 2nd weigh in at 12pm. I also have a very supportive hubby to be who over the years has seen me try out every diet under the sun. We have 4 gorgeous kids all quite close in age. I feel like I have been constantly pregnant for the last 9 years... Our baby making is now complete and this is my time to begin to start feeling like me again and not just mummy... This time last year I last year I was 15st 9lb. I managed to healthy eat down to 14st 4lb which was my starting weight 12 days ago. I got weighed on day 5 and was 13st 10lb. We will see what today brings. Have a good day all..

I've just got back from an hour long swim and it definitely helped clear my mind a bit

I'm glad you're feeling clearer in your mind - in some ways that is half the battle :)

This time last year I last year I was 15st 9lb. I managed to healthy eat down to 14st 4lb which was my starting weight 12 days ago. I got weighed on day 5 and was 13st 10lb. We will see what today brings. Have a good day all.

Well done you and good luck for your weigh in today :)

This is such a long hard journey we sometimes forget how well we have done. Yay us for making positive changes!

Day 14... Really struggling today. Really Really struggling. For some reason i am desperate to eat chicken? Im not going to cave but my goodness today is hard. hope everyone is having a good day.

Would it be awful if you have a few wee cubes of chicken? It wouldn't put you out of ketosis and might stop you caving in to other temptations? I know my sister often has some chicken when she is finding it all too hard.

If your craving is bad I would have a could bits of chicken, it won't do any damage as long as its only a few bits. Other option is to keep busy in the hope the craving goes away :)

Thanks for your support, it really helps. Cravings have gone. Hubby to be took the kids out for a few hours and I had a kip. This really helped. I woke feeling so much better. Got the kids off to bed, then sat down to a apple and cinnamon porridge and a green tea not quite chicken but still did the trick!! Thanks again for your support....

Back