Emotional eater in need of help !!!'

weelanie

I have a rather stressful job and as I comfort eat dieting has become a way of life. Over the past few years I have yo-yoed in terms of weight. I do feel I am winning the war and am eating a lot better. However, I have started suffering from anxiety. Ended up getting meds from the doc and they helped. I have stopped taking them a few months ago but I haven't learned how to deal with my stress. Often their is nothing at all I can do to solve the things I worry about but without food I don't no how to address or even deal with these feelings. I have started walking every day and that makes me feel a bit better but I am waking up at night and becoming rather distressed. Sorry to be such a downer but would love to know how others deal with stress. Thanks

Husband was suffereing badly with stress due to work was raiding the chocolate machine at work eating till he felt sick. He had his blood done and his blood sugar is so high he is on the verge of diabetes. He has been eating much better and seeing a councillor for his stress.

Thanks for your responses. It's a tricky situation and I guess I need to face it head on and one day at a time. I am not going to let stress at work upset my whole life and comfort eating is not the way. May take up moaning and see of that helps lol ;-)

Back