Emski's Journey of Self-Discovery - Internet and Scales

Well done on your lightbulb moments! I think we all wonder who and what we will be when we reach goal as our personalities CAN change as our weight goes down but I think most of us aren't going to change for the worse!

I hadnt even thought about changing - Im not nervous nor excited bout the thin me! TOTALLY agree with lightbulb moment 2 though! xx

Day Six

Absolutely rubbish day at work was moved around wards and that is always crap.. ended up on a ward that I wasnt really needed on and so left there after my break and went to another then they didnt need me.. left work at 12.30 instead of 1.30 but that cost me money as my hair was looking particularly crap so decided to go for a hair cut.. paid more than I should really as didnt have that much taken off. Feeling tired and think I am just craving carbs after my night out on saturday.. and rubbish food wise

White bread egg mayo sandwich (bought at work)
Quorn sausage, eggs, spaghetti toast (I know thats ok)When I got home
Chilli and rice
Packet of snack a jacks caramel
3 mini milks
shortbread biscuit
very large bowl of bran flakes

and I still want more!!!

Ok now Ive put it in black and white its not THAT bad but I feel like a bloody hoover!!

I know at times like this I should just have what I really want so it is over in a day rather that let it linger and last a few days.

Old habits die hard and I am happy to do it for a day.. I used to do it everyday. :eek:

don't feel so bad about the food aspect - you are right when your tired teh carb magnet hits big time - me? Started thday Ok with ryvita and laughing cow, but went downhill, too busy for lunch so had rich tea biscuits - then when i arrived home had x 2 slices brown bread with packet of cheese and onion crisps followed by 4 cheese pasta with homemade pasta sauce with bacon, onion, pepper and leeks. i feel extremely tired, so off to bed now (ony 9.20!)

I find sometimes that when you put it in writing, what feels like a bad days eating isn't actually too bad

i totally agree with yer lightbulb moment nannyemski :D:D

when you said about inspiring friends to lose weight the same has happened with my mum
the problem is all my "slimming" life mother has objected to slimming clubs! there is no way that she would ever join a club like SW or WW,she objected to payin money to be stood on the scales and told how much or little she has lost etc......
i joined SW in June this year and told her how easy it is and how its very rare i feel hungry and how much weight i've lost and she has gone and joined and has just lost her first stone

mr scales is my friend at the mo he showing 2lb loss
xx
if that is right i get my 1.5st award
will be 3lb away from club 10
and 3.5lb till i under 17st!!!!!!

Well well well what can I say except HOLY C**P.. have had a poo week this week as far as I was concerned and wasnt going to weigh in as I was working till 2.30pm etc etc.. anyhoo caved as usual and stood on Mr Scales and he proceeded to tell me I had lost.... wait for it.... 5 frickin pounds!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Now I am feeling a bit shell shocked :eek:

But the thing is I actually feel like I have put all my weight back on.. think I have body dismorphia!

Just don't relax after seeing that! you are obviously on for a good loss this week so don't let your hair down too much

well done you - you are keeping me on the straight and narrow! Will have to avoid all those cream teas and pasties in Devon for the next two weeks!!

Today is my son's 12th Birthday.. I have been to London Zoo with him and 2 of his friends for the day.. Have walked flippin miles and my shoulders ache but it's been a good day.

Was a little concerned food wise as we decided not to take picnic as I couldnt be assed to carry it all round with me.

So I had weetabix before we left. When it came to lunch time the choices were

1. pay £6.00 for a cheeseburger and chips:eek:
  2. pay £7.00 for nuggets and chips:eek:
  3. pay £3.65 for a rather tasty, but very naughty sandwich;)
  4. pay £8.00 for 24 doughnuts and 4 drinks!!!;)
  5. or pay £4.95 for a kiddies lunch box selection.. which is choose 5 items for the set price

We chose option 5 of course
In my lunch box I had

• Small portion of organic pasta and tuna (some vegetables in it too)
  • 2 small triangles of organic egg sandwich
  • Organic yeo low fat toffee yoghurt
  • 1 satsuma
  • 1 banana
not bad eh ???

Then I did have to have an icecream and yes it was in a sugar cone and made of after eights!! :eek:

On the journey home I had another satsuma and small banana.. and tonights dinner was quorn sausages, tinned spaghetti and toast.

Feeling ok about things at the mo and know how bad things could have been today..:mad:

Have friends over tomorrow for a bbq so planning a red day.. I know I am going to be relaxed about the plan this week due to festivities etc but I am not going to get all hung up about it.. just report it here :D

If I get all anal about it all I bore the arse off myself let alone anyone else!:sigh:

Well done you. I think it helps the more relaxed you feel about what you're doing, I'm trying not to be as uptight about losing weight and I feel much better, lose, maintain or gain.

You made a good choice at the zoo but WOW that is expensive! I always take a picnic when going out cus all these places seem to be well over priced and it's only half the day you have to carry it around for. I have fond memories of picnics on days out so I guess thats another reason why I always take one

i got a great coolbag last year in asda. it's fabric and opens out to almost a full sized coolbox. the best bit is it has wheels and an extendable handle so you can pull it about wherever you go :D

it's coming on holiday with is again this year - we used it most days and it was brilliant.

We have got a backpack style one which has a place in the front where all the plates and cups etc go

The first thing I did when I started the diet was to throw my scales away. They were too much of a temptation. I go by the official weigh-ins and also take my measurements too. If I haven't lost pounds on the scales, I have usually lost a cm or too!

Oh, and if you have that biscuit, remember to Syn it..... lol!:D

Today was the day of the bbq that has been planned for weeks people due at 12pm ...The day went as follows

• 9am Rain, but remained optimistic
  • 10am Rain, but still optimistic
  • 11 am Rain easing off very optimistic
  • Lots of preparations, cooking of chicken, making of salads, potato salad, tidying up..getting ready(clothes on, face on etc etc etc)
  • 11.10 am text from friend.. cant make it as she made other plans.. still slightly optimistic
  • 11.20 No rain.. text from another friend, not well cant make it.. feeling slightly less optimistic
  • 11.25 Text from friend.. mother has turned up cant make it!!
  • 11.45 text from friend.. ill since friday.. she and sis cant make it!!!!
  • 11.46 complete nervous breakdown.. tears tantrums and throwing of toys out of pram!!!
Ended up with just 2 friend coming but good fun..
Check it out on Youtube
YouTube - Fun and Frolics In The Garden
No footage of me though lol

Food ok.. cept for birthday cake... some crisps (ok half a bag.. and I mean large bag).. a cheeseburger umm and 2 galaxy cake bars:eek:

But it is a bank holiday weekend.. and I was very stressed:D

I will get back to it on Tuesday.. honest ;)

Hey Emski - well done on the zoo food. I'll be checking out the footage in a min, shame to hear you didnt have any of you!!! xxx

Back