Enough is enough is enough!

Kriskin said:
Ah wow, I never thought of mixing the flavors - thanks for the tip. I keep picking up on little things people are doing, like this one lady said her CD counselor lets her chop up some green onions in one of the soups. I half expect someone will eventually come up with a Cambridge Diet cookbook to push the limits. Maybe they have already - heading to Google.

Strange about your aversion to the soups though - I quite like them. I suppose it helps that I've always been in love with soups, but I didn't think they were bad. Goes to show how different people's palates can be.

Awesome progress though, and as always thanks for the inspiration.

So did you find a cookbook :D ? Maybe there's a market there just waiting to be tapped, lol?

ChristyT said:
Congrats on losing 9lbs - feels amazing doesn't it?!! I lost the same on my first week, I've got my second WI tomorrow and getting nervous - really hoping for a good loss as I've been so good this week.

I know what you mean about that leek and potatoe soup is vile, I love the oriental chilli one and the spicy tomato isn't bad. I tend to stick to shakes in the main though :)

Good luck with your weigh in today. Let me know how you get on. And yes, I agree with you, I love the oriental chilli one too, haven't tried the spicy tomato but might now as it looks as if we might have similar taste buds!

Thank you!!!! Just been sorting through my clothes and tried some old ones on - I've dropped a whole dress size in just 2 weeks! I've was 2 dress sizes bigger at the beginning of June. I'm loving this diet!!!! :D

Thank you!!!! Just been sorting through my clothes and tried some old ones on - I've dropped a whole dress size in just 2 weeks! I've was 2 dress sizes bigger at the beginning of June. I'm loving this diet!!!! :D

2 whole dress sizes? Wow that's really inspirational, can't wait to drop a couple of dress sizes.

Had my WI today - I've lost 7lbs in my second week! I am loving how this diet is completely changing my relationship with food. I've yo-yo'd for the whole of my adult life and now I've turned 40 I am determined to get myself in good shape x

Day 9
Bit of a so-so day, but I have stayed strong and stuck to it 100% - even when I walked in to the kitchen earlier and saw the delicious sausages my family had earlier in their hotdogs :mad: Walked back in a half hour later and there was half an uneaten one left and the thought crossed my mind that I could eat it, surely it wouldn't do too much damage. Didn't succomb though :D

Breakfast: Cappuchino shake
Lunch: Cranberry bar
Supper: Banana shake
Willpower: 10/10
Temptation: 8/10

Last edited:
Ahhh family left overs are the hardest! My son was waving salt and vinegar crisps under my nose at tea time - was so hard but I got up an went and tidied the kitchen instead....my house has never been so tidy!! Ha ha!!! xx

Love the willpower scale, a great idea to keep track of some important mood factors. I might just steal that from you if that's alright.

And you're d*mn right it's 10/10. If I'd walked into the kitchen to a half-eaten hot dog I would have corrected its eaten-ness very quickly, made it one with the world again. Fortunately my wife is wise to my ways and never leaves anything lying about.

Good luck!

Ahhh family left overs are the hardest! My son was waving salt and vinegar crisps under my nose at tea time - was so hard but I got up an went and tidied the kitchen instead....my house has never been so tidy!! Ha ha!!! xx

Crisps are my absolute weakness - so can understand that completely. I had to bowl up some crisps for my son's party (cheese & onion and salt & vinegar - two of my favourites) and I didn't even lick my fingers :D

Wish my house was tidy but I'm having to put my energy in to work lol!

Love the willpower scale, a great idea to keep track of some important mood factors. I might just steal that from you if that's alright.

And you're d*mn right it's 10/10. If I'd walked into the kitchen to a half-eaten hot dog I would have corrected its eaten-ness very quickly, made it one with the world again. Fortunately my wife is wise to my ways and never leaves anything lying about.

Good luck!

Steal away Kriskin - I thought it might help to look back and maybe see where I was tempted (with a view to looking at this once I reach goal) and also when my willpower struggles and if it's connected with particular things so I can be more vigilant.

At the moment I think it's more the idea of eating/having something than my actually really wanting it, if you kwim? You are blessed to have such a great wife who does this for you. LOL, just realised that comment may sound like my husband isn't supportive - he is very supportive - he just got distracted by the Olympics footage.

ChristyT said:
Had my WI today - I've lost 7lbs in my second week! I am loving how this diet is completely changing my relationship with food. I've yo-yo'd for the whole of my adult life and now I've turned 40 I am determined to get myself in good shape x

That's fantastic chrissy, well done xx

Today had been such torture!! I am so hungry - my friend packed a big picnic for our day out even though I told her I can't eat anything like that. She's been offering me sandwiches, crisps, cake - all the worst stuff. I swear it's like she's trying to deliberately sabotage things. Feeling very low today which is not like me. Think I'm going to have a soak in the bath and get to bed early xxx

ChristyT said:
Today had been such torture!! I am so hungry - my friend packed a big picnic for our day out even though I told her I can't eat anything like that. She's been offering me sandwiches, crisps, cake - all the worst stuff. I swear it's like she's trying to deliberately sabotage things. Feeling very low today which is not like me. Think I'm going to have a soak in the bath and get to bed early xxx

Oh, Christy, it's horrible when you have days like that :( Your friend may be trying to sabotage you, even if subconsciously. Some friends can feel threatened or jealous or scared that they'll lose your friendship. Did you resist? If so, give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for staying so strong, if you didn't then just draw a line under it, it is what it is and start again tomorrow. Perhaps you need to not see this friend so much whilst you are to do this diet or can you talk to her and explain how she made you feel today and ask her if she could support you? I always teach my children that bad friends pull you down but goods friends build you up - something worth remembering as adults I think :)

I've had my toughest day so far too. I am absolutely starving today, have felt ravenous since I woke up, my friend said I looked pale today but I have to say she is being very supportive and added that it's probably to be expected on a VLCD and that the final results will be worth it.

Congrats on such a great weight loss on your weigh in today - look back on some of your previous posts and how positive this diet has been somfar for you. {{{hugs}}}

You are so right. My friend also kept going on and on about going out for a curry. I did quite quite snappy and said for the next few months that isnt something I want to do and its not like i can never eat a curry again ever.

This weight loss is something I really need to help my low self esteem, as well as having huge health benefits. At 20 stone I was getting really worried I could have a heart attack and not being around to see my little boy grow up. My mum passed away when she was 45 and now I am in my 40s it is very much on my mind.

I just need to have a good nights rest and get back into the normal positive me tomorrow. Thank god I did resist the picnic goodies; so at least I am still staying 100% true to this CD milarky!! Ha :)

Thanks for the support - it means a lot xxx

Day 10

Not the best of days, in fact probably my worst day since starting CD :(

Have felt unbelievably hungry today and grumpy :D Hubby keeps asking me why I'm so quiet and am I ok? Lol, all my energy today has been focussed on not giving in - I know I would so regret it if I did. Don't know where all this willpower and determination has come from...? I'm not usually able to keep up a diet plan for very long at all, lucky if I make a week without cheating somehow, and this SS is the toughest of them all and yet I'm sticking with it... Weird!

Maybe it's because before this I was feeling the lowest I've ever felt about my weight? Fed up with always making excuses to get out of social functions? Frustrated and not enjoying shopping for clothes and always trying to find things that hid my body?

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Breakfast: cappuchino shake
Lunch: malt toffee bar
Supper: chocolate mint shake
Temptation: 9/10

Last edited:
Day 11 (yesterday - late posting)

A very frustrating day but not really because of the diet but the fact I spent 3 hours (non stop) on the phone, pretty much on hold, with Microsoft trying to sort out why Office wouldn't install. I think the diet did affect how I handled it though as at the end when I put the phone down, after being insured it would now install and it then didn't, I cried :cry: Hubby came home though and saved the day and it's now working better than ever - no wonder I love him!

In the evening I went out to the pub with a girlfriend and decided to cheer myself up by wearing my lovely new red glitter shoes that I bought last week to celebrate my first week weight loss - they are very sparkly!!! Stuck to just bottled water at the pub, which I felt very proud of, but didn't realise that the pub we were going to was also a restaurant and the smell of the homemade chips and burgers was almost too much at one point. Felt very virtuous when I left and had only had water.

Breakfast: butterscotch shake
Lunch: chocolate mint crunch bar
Supper: banana shake

Last edited:
well done jools!! i am so impressed with your willpower!! week 2 is going to be a good one for you!

Lola x

Day 12

Feeling really, really tired at the moment, don't know whether it's the diet or the fact that I'm having to get up a million times in the night to pee :O

Was so tempted to pop a bit of chicken in my mouth last night whilst everyone was eating their supper. It was a chinese stir fry and smelled delicious! I even imagined myself doing it. Resisted, again, but not sure how long I'll be able to. Might treat myself to some chicken breast after weigh in on Friday. Think I'm craving something savoury. For some reason both shakes Imhad yesterday tasted sickly sweet - yuck.

Has anyone else felt their taste buds change? I don't remember the shakes tasting so sweet last week but they were so sickly.

Breakfast: cappucino shake
Lunch: malt toffee bar
Supper: butterscotch shake
Willpower: 9/10

Last edited:
I had a mango shake the other day which I normally love but I had the same feeling. Soo sweet it made me wince. I am loving the fruits of the forest shake at the moment mmmm x

I may 'shake it up' when I collect my next lot of stuff tomorrow. Was thinking of trying the fruits of the forest one so you've given me the push to do so.

Back