Enough is enough is enough!

Day 13

Not such a bad day today diet wise, although I did feel very emotional and stressy but that's probably work related.

Breakfast: chocolate mint shake
Lunch: cranberry bar
Supper: banana shake
Temptation: 3/10
Willpower: 10/10

Weigh tomorrow... :eek:

Last edited:
hi jools!

are you looking forward to weigh in?

my tastebuds have changed massively - i didn't really eat sweet stuff before but now after the shakes i find myself craving more sweet stuff?! random!

Lola x

hi jools!

are you looking forward to weigh in?

my tastebuds have changed massively - i didn't really eat sweet stuff before but now after the shakes i find myself craving more sweet stuff?! random!

Lola x

Hey Lola! Just got back from my second weigh in and I've lost 5lbs - which is what my scales told me too. So according to my scales I've lost a stone - yay! I'm going with mine even if in future she says I've lost more on hers :)

What can I do if I don't like my CDC. I've tried to, this is my 3rd time of seeing her and I just can't take to her. She irritates me.

Also feel like I want to have a massive blowout. Which I KNOW I will regret because that will be the start of a very slippery slope... so then I thought I would just have some chicken as from what I can gather the weight losses on SS and SS+ seem to be about the same. BUT then I'm freaking out because I feel like that would be failing and that I would be the one person that would gain weight on SS+.

Sorry, having a bit of a blip and a mind mess :D

I'm doing ss+ and have had really good results. I really enjoying having a low calorie meal once a day. Plus it gets you used to making the right choices food wise. If you want some chicken, have some. You could have 80g of green veg (not peas) too xx

Hey Lola! Just got back from my second weigh in and I've lost 5lbs - which is what my scales told me too. So according to my scales I've lost a stone - yay! I'm going with mine even if in future she says I've lost more on hers :)

What can I do if I don't like my CDC. I've tried to, this is my 3rd time of seeing her and I just can't take to her. She irritates me.

Also feel like I want to have a massive blowout. Which I KNOW I will regret because that will be the start of a very slippery slope... so then I thought I would just have some chicken as from what I can gather the weight losses on SS and SS+ seem to be about the same. BUT then I'm freaking out because I feel like that would be failing and that I would be the one person that would gain weight on SS+.

Sorry, having a bit of a blip and a mind mess :D

Heya - yay on the weight loss!!! Bet your so chuffed! Oh water in the pub was worth it now wasn't it!

Oh don't know what to say about the consultant but if she's not working for u then get rid I say - this is hard enough without not gelling with ur cdc

All I can say is if u fancy a bit of chicken then have it but PLEASE don't do what I did and have a complete blow out I promise u its so not worth it - you'll see next tues when I post a disappointing loss!

Lola x

Hi JoolsG,

Loved reading your thread.......I'm on day 2 of a millionth restart. Am hoping this time I have the willpower to stick with it as usually I've been naughty by now.....first did CD (SS+) 4 years ago for 10 weeks and lost 3.5 stone. Kept most of it off til about a year and half ago and then it gradually starting coming on despite both diet and exercise.....sooooo hoping that CD will get rid of it again although I've decided not to go as low as I did before.....so I'm starting at 14st 11 and am aiming for 12-12.5 stone which still quite a bit over ideal BMI but that'll do me. I shall be reading your posts to help keep me on track......but it made me smile to see u experience so many of the same feelings etc that I did on my first go......some days are just harder than others but well done for sticking with it....

Heya - yay on the weight loss!!! Bet your so chuffed! Oh water in the pub was worth it now wasn't it!

Oh don't know what to say about the consultant but if she's not working for u then get rid I say - this is hard enough without not gelling with ur cdc

All I can say is if u fancy a bit of chicken then have it but PLEASE don't do what I did and have a complete blow out I promise u its so not worth it - you'll see next tues when I post a disappointing loss!

Lola x

Thanks Lola :D I love this forum! You all 'get it' when I talk about what I'm going through - so hard as even though my hubby is great he's the same weight he was when we got engaged 18 years ago (and still as handsome :D ) so can't really understand what I'm going through. But everyone here does so it helps to know you are not alone.

As for having a complete blowout... well... I did sort of but not, lol. I sat and thought about it for ages, weighing up how I would feel afterwards etc. I really miss having a glass of wine, I LOVE sparkling rose ( :) ) and usually have a glass or two every couple of nights (before CD of course!). I also love chinese takeaway and we would usually have this on a Friday night. So anyway, I thought I debated and I planned a break - I feel like if I had denied it then I worried that this wouldn't be maintainable - I just can't face the idea of no food for 12 weeks. So I planned what I was going to have, no deep fried foods, no spring roll starters, no prawn crackers. I had a chicken curry and egg fried rice. I only ate half of the curry (picking out the chicken pieces and not eating the sauce) and I only ate less than a quarter of the egg fried rice - I was completely and utterly stuffed - to the point of being uncomfortable - but boy did I enjoy it!!!!

Then I found out my hubby had bought a bottle of rose so I got him to pour me a glass. I figured 1 glass would be ok. I took a few sips and just didn't want it.

So yes, I had a blow out, a planned blow out but it was controlled and I'm hopeful that it won't ruin things in the next week. What's everyone's thoughts? Did I completely ruin it?

I'm straight back on plan today - just had a mango shake.

As for my CDC I really, really don't like her - part of my problem yesterday is that I came away from hers feeling lower and flatter than I did before I went in. Also I have a feeling, from looking at her diary when she had it open, that I'm pretty much her only customer, or one of only a few. And she can never do mornings, which are better for me, but wonders of wonders when I mentioned getting another counsellor who better fits my time schedules she managed to fit me in at 9:30am next week...

Wow, I've just blathered on... lol.

How's things going with you Lola? Keeping on track this week?

I had a mango shake the other day which I normally love but I had the same feeling. Soo sweet it made me wince. I am loving the fruits of the forest shake at the moment mmmm x

Just had a mango shake Dragon and quite enjoyed it. Made a change to have something a bit fruity.

How's your week been? 18lbs in 18 days is amazing. You must be feeling really great :D

I'm doing ss+ and have had really good results. I really enjoying having a low calorie meal once a day. Plus it gets you used to making the right choices food wise. If you want some chicken, have some. You could have 80g of green veg (not peas) too xx

I'll keep that in mind as I go forward. What I find strange is if SS+ gives similar results to SS why do CD even bother with SS why not recommend everyone does SS+?

What's your week been like? Staying away from annoying friends? LOL.

Hi JoolsG,

Loved reading your thread.......I'm on day 2 of a millionth restart. Am hoping this time I have the willpower to stick with it as usually I've been naughty by now.....first did CD (SS+) 4 years ago for 10 weeks and lost 3.5 stone. Kept most of it off til about a year and half ago and then it gradually starting coming on despite both diet and exercise.....sooooo hoping that CD will get rid of it again although I've decided not to go as low as I did before.....so I'm starting at 14st 11 and am aiming for 12-12.5 stone which still quite a bit over ideal BMI but that'll do me. I shall be reading your posts to help keep me on track......but it made me smile to see u experience so many of the same feelings etc that I did on my first go......some days are just harder than others but well done for sticking with it....

Thanks Jax :D - I forget sometimes that people are reading this! At the end of the day though you just need to be where you are comfortable being. I've set a goal but I pretty much feel that I will probably settle down to about 1/2 to 1 stone above that. I think at 10 stone it will feel like too low and will be hard to maintain but 10.5 or 11 will be easier and more realistic.

3.5 stones in 10 weeks is amazing - I'll take that!!

Day 14 (posting a day late)
Weigh in day... lost 5lbs so a great result for my second week.

On the downside I can't stand my CDC so I'm going to have to seriously think of finding someone else or I will stop just because I don't want to see her. A little OCD I know but I don't really like to 'eat' much before a weigh in and as she can't see me until 4:30 this afternoon I feel out of sorts so I only had 1 shake this morning and didn't drink too much water - which has really put me out.

Today whilst I was at hers the whole of her adult family trooped through the room whilst we were talking. First her husband came through, then shortly after a young man and then another young woman. She told me this was her family. I don't know, it made me feel really, really uncomfortable. Am I being weird about this? Only dieting and my weight and talking about it face to face with someone is really private, kwim? Then her husband came back and starting chatting to her about where he was going. On top of this she has two large dogs and before I even knock on the door they are barking really loud at me. Bleh! Didn't manage to get away before 5:30pm by which point I'd only had 1 shake and 1 bottle of water all day. Not a great day or basis for a day, hence the food diary below!

Breakfast: butterscotch shake
Lunch: nothing
Supper: chinese takeaway - 1/2 chicken curry and 1/4 egg fried rice (picked out chicken trying not too eat too much of the sauce)
Temptation: 11/10
Willpower: 2/10 (I say 2 and not 0 because I deliberately planned this and made sure I ate slow and only until I felt full and didn't drink the glass of wine my hubby poured me!)

Last edited:
That CDC set-up sounds really bizarre!! I defo wouldn't like that at all.......check the net, if u haven't already done so, for a different CDC before u walk away from Cambridge. There's obviously other good options like LighterLife (so much more expensive) and Lipotrim (not a great choice of flavours) but I always go back to CD.....but then I like my CDC (only go every fortnight)

Well done u for getting back on track after a planned break......don't think I'll chance that for a while.....,on day 3 today and back at work after nearly a month off :-(. So far sp good but not in ketosis yet

Day 15

Up and straight back on track this morning. Didn't think I'd be able to fit in all my shakes today as I woke still feeling stuffed from my little blip last night. I did though so that's good and I also managed to drink plenty of water which will hopefully.

Spent the evening watching the Olympics, the athletics, and wishing I was as fit and healthy as Jess Ennis!!! Lol, I'm at least working towards that goal ;)

Breakfast: mango shake
Lunch: peanut bar
Supper: chocolate mint shake
Temptation: 5/10 (kept thinking about the snack sized pork pies in the fridge and just having one)

Last edited:
Day 16

A pretty normal day so not much to write about really. Kept on track, 100% SS. Have been using the handheld blender to whip up my shakes and it's made a huge difference. So much smoother and lighter so goes easier.

Breakfast: chocolate shake
Lunch: malt toffee bar
Supper: banana shake
Temptation: 2/10

Last edited:
I swear by my blender - in fact I have 2; one for work and one for home. They make such
a difference. You're doing brilliantly - when's u'r next WI? x

It's this Friday but I am seriously thinking of not going - not because I'm stopping the diet but that I can't stand my CDC. Was thinking of switching to Slim and Save but don't want to lose out on being on this forum and I've got people I like 'chatting' to know, if you kwim?

I don't know, but CD is working for me so do I stick with it and ignore my CDC... decisions, decisions... lol

When's your next weigh in? You're doing amazingly, I'm off down to my mum in a week or so and I would just love to have lost 1.5 stones (my mum is ALWAYS going on at me about my weight and how I've left myself go grrrr).

Have you thought about going on the cambridge website and searching for another CDC - they've got a search engine to find councillors in u'r area. That's how I found Tracey and she's a sweetheart. She has an office in her house so it's totally private - I read what happened with yours and I think it's disrespectful and quite frankly rude how she's treated you. It's a shame for you to leave the program if it's working for you!

Ahhh Mums - my mum was always on at me to lose weight, even when I was slim! She's passed away now but it's very damaging and can do a lot of harm to self image. I'm sure you will crack that target by then :)

My weight loss has been triggered by a relationship breakdown. I was so low and had zero self confidence that I had to do something drastic which is why I've found myself on CD and its fantastic...why have I not done this before? I'm 2 dress sizes smaller than I was just 3 weeks ago which is mental :)

Have you thought about going on the cambridge website and searching for another CDC - they've got a search engine to find councillors in u'r area. That's how I found Tracey and she's a sweetheart. She has an office in her house so it's totally private - I read what happened with yours and I think it's disrespectful and quite frankly rude how she's treated you. It's a shame for you to leave the program if it's working for you!

Ahhh Mums - my mum was always on at me to lose weight, even when I was slim! She's passed away now but it's very damaging and can do a lot of harm to self image. I'm sure you will crack that target by then :)

My weight loss has been triggered by a relationship breakdown. I was so low and had zero self confidence that I had to do something drastic which is why I've found myself on CD and its fantastic...why have I not done this before? I'm 2 dress sizes smaller than I was just 3 weeks ago which is mental :)

Thanks, maybe I should look for another one in my area. I'll have a look this week.

I'd just given birth to my first child when my mum said how fat I was looking! For goodness sake, I'd just had a baby. She's always been overweight, in fact has always weighed more than me but she thinks that this reverse psychology will push me to do something about it. Then my dad died, quite young at 52, and she stopped eating and lost quite a bit of weight, gained it again, then remarried and her new husband constantly watches what she eats and it feels to me that she's always on a diet. Now whenever I see her she's always pushing it in my face. "I've lost xlbs" or "Look at these, these are only a size 14" "These trousers are just falling off me" "Oh, I've been here 1/2 hour and you haven't noticed the weight I've lost" It's really, really annoying :D

So sorry you had to go through a relationship breakdown. That sucks! Hopefully this will be the start of something new and amazing for you. Out with all the crap and bring on all that is good and wonderful!!! Is that your little boy in your profile pic? He looks very cute!

On another note I've just noticed that we are the same height. I'm always interested in that because when I see weight loss photos of people my height I find it really encouraging a I know that I too could look like them :D

Sounds like our mums are cut from the same cloth! She was only 45 when she died and don't get me wrong she was a wonderful, loving mum and I miss her terribly but she was a nightmare when it came to weight. She had me on constant diets from the age of 10, her favourite quotes where "let's compare thighs...my lord you could feed a family of 8 off that thigh" (whilst pointing at mine), "how heavy are you? 10 and a half stone!!!!! You should be no more than 9 young lady" and her personal favourite "what do you mean your a size 12?!!! I wasn't a size 12 when I was 9 months pregnant with you!!!" - can you see a theme here? the point is my mum was 5'4", petite and was never larger than a size 10, she was a size 6 when she got married. I take after my Dad's mum and I had a completely different figure.

What I would give to be a size 12!! I was a size 24, I'm now down to a size 20 and can just about squeeze into a pair of size 18 jeans but they are a bit snug.

I'm try not to listen to too much to others opinions now. I'm really hoping after reading all the amazing weight loss stories on here that I can follow in their footsteps. I think if we take it a day at a time and focus on mini goals we will get there eventually. I just hope I never project my weight issues onto my child!

Yeah the handsome fella in my pic is my gorgeous 5 year old son. He's bonkers but I wouldn't change that for the world, he's such a character - and already knows how to charm his way out of trouble. God help the girls when he's older!!! How many children do you have? xx

Thanks Lola :D I love this forum! You all 'get it' when I talk about what I'm going through - so hard as even though my hubby is great he's the same weight he was when we got engaged 18 years ago (and still as handsome :D ) so can't really understand what I'm going through. But everyone here does so it helps to know you are not alone.

As for having a complete blowout... well... I did sort of but not, lol. I sat and thought about it for ages, weighing up how I would feel afterwards etc. I really miss having a glass of wine, I LOVE sparkling rose ( :) ) and usually have a glass or two every couple of nights (before CD of course!). I also love chinese takeaway and we would usually have this on a Friday night. So anyway, I thought I debated and I planned a break - I feel like if I had denied it then I worried that this wouldn't be maintainable - I just can't face the idea of no food for 12 weeks. So I planned what I was going to have, no deep fried foods, no spring roll starters, no prawn crackers. I had a chicken curry and egg fried rice. I only ate half of the curry (picking out the chicken pieces and not eating the sauce) and I only ate less than a quarter of the egg fried rice - I was completely and utterly stuffed - to the point of being uncomfortable - but boy did I enjoy it!!!!

Then I found out my hubby had bought a bottle of rose so I got him to pour me a glass. I figured 1 glass would be ok. I took a few sips and just didn't want it.

So yes, I had a blow out, a planned blow out but it was controlled and I'm hopeful that it won't ruin things in the next week. What's everyone's thoughts? Did I completely ruin it?

I'm straight back on plan today - just had a mango shake.

As for my CDC I really, really don't like her - part of my problem yesterday is that I came away from hers feeling lower and flatter than I did before I went in. Also I have a feeling, from looking at her diary when she had it open, that I'm pretty much her only customer, or one of only a few. And she can never do mornings, which are better for me, but wonders of wonders when I mentioned getting another counsellor who better fits my time schedules she managed to fit me in at 9:30am next week...

Wow, I've just blathered on... lol.

How's things going with you Lola? Keeping on track this week?

Hey jools!
Omg weekend from heaven and hell from me!
So went to visit my friend in liverpool, me hubby and. Little un got halfway there and said to him u picked up the bag in the kitchen didn't u - err crap he goes no I didn't so no shakes for me or food for bubba! Her food was easy enough to buy my cambridge shakes not so easy so had to eat all weekend! So am really peed off with everything but will get weighed on tues and deal with the damage!

U are so good even ur blow outs are controlled!
Have u got rid of ur cdc yet?
X

Back