Enough is enough is enough!

Hey jools!
Omg weekend from heaven and hell from me!
So went to visit my friend in liverpool, me hubby and. Little un got halfway there and said to him u picked up the bag in the kitchen didn't u - err crap he goes no I didn't so no shakes for me or food for bubba! Her food was easy enough to buy my cambridge shakes not so easy so had to eat all weekend! So am really peed off with everything but will get weighed on tues and deal with the damage!

U are so good even ur blow outs are controlled!
Have u got rid of ur cdc yet?
X

No, not got rid of her yet - but soon!

Put the last weekend behind you and just get right back on - you know you can do it and it will be worth it in the end :D

Day 17

Not too bad a day all in all. Surprising how low mood wise I'm feeling lately. Think it's the denying of food, I comfort eat a huge amount. Work wise things are quite stressful at the moment and keeping away from food doesn't give me the distraction I need.

Breakfast: Bounty shake
Lunch: Cranberry bar
Supper: Spicy tomato soup - strike that as I took a couple of sips and it was disgusting!!! I knew if I forced myself to drink it I would end up with a 'leek and potato soup scenario'
Supper (take 2): 1 small chicken breast (around 120g) with some jerk seasoning and some broccoli
Temptation: 5/10
Willpower: 8/10 (mainly as I'm feeling that the chicken instead of a shake is a bit of a failure but I just couldn't face trying another soup and I really needed something savoury)

Including the substituted meal I calculated that I was just under 500 calories today (with no carbs) so that should be ok, I hope!

Last edited:
Day 18

Pretty boring day in so much as I worked all day - and that really helps to keep me on track. Hubby offered to cook me some chicken breast but I just didn't fancy it so have kept to SS all day.

Breakfast: cappucino shake
Lunch: peanut bar
Supper: fruits of the forest shake
Temptation: 0/10
Willpower: 10/10

Last edited:
Well done you!!!! Sounds like you had a really focused day :) :) yay!!!

Day 18

Pretty boring day in so much as I worked all day - and that really helps to keep me on track. Hubby offered to cook me some chicken breast but I just didn't fancy it so have kept to SS all day.

Breakfast: cappucino shake
Lunch: peanut bar
Supper: fruits of the forest shake

Hey jools!
How are u doing? Still feeling down? I get that feeling completely I felt exactly the smae last week and then this week cause I was eating felt great! Made me realise how much I associate happiness with food. Not saying ur the same just I get the low feeling.

High five on the willpower
Lola x

Hey Lola!

I'm doing fine at the moment, more up beat but I've been doing some research and have read that people on VLCD can suffer with feeling low and depression, something to do with a lack of certain essential oils. It was recommended to take Omega 3, 6 & 9 so I've ordered some and have been taking them but only for a couple of days now. Will let you know if they make any difference in the long term :D (I had post natal depression after my last child and have found I can be more prone to feeling down since then).

I do agree with you though - I do associate happiness with food. Always have so it's good to realise things like that so I can be careful in future.

How are you feeling post WI?

Day 19

Ok, as my CDC has got to go I've been looking at various options, one of which is switching to Slim & Save as I've heard the flavours are quite good... so I ordered the sample/taster kit, which has one of each of the meals they do and I am going to trial them over the next couple of weeks, switching out a CD meal once a day or so.

Today consisted of...

Breakfast: fruits of the forest shake (CD) - really quite like this and a real change from chocolatey things
Lunch: dark chocolate coconut bar (S&S) - their bars seem much smaller than the CD ones but it was very tasty
Supper: hazlenut shake (S&S) - quite nice, very smooth and creamy but then this could also be because I also used my lovely new mini blender for the first time as it arrived today (will have to make a comparison using a CD shake)
Temptation: 8/10 - went to Ikea and had to stand by whilst the family all had hotdogs and fries at the end and I was so hungry I was feeling light headed :mad:

Well done for resisting while your family chomped away! Its horrible when you dont have a choice and have to just sit by and watch :(
On the Slim & Save plan it says to have 3 shakes and a small meal like SS+ Would you being doing that or just sticking to three a day?

Hey Lola!

I'm doing fine at the moment, more up beat but I've been doing some research and have read that people on VLCD can suffer with feeling low and depression, something to do with a lack of certain essential oils. It was recommended to take Omega 3, 6 & 9 so I've ordered some and have been taking them but only for a couple of days now. Will let you know if they make any difference in the long term :D (I had post natal depression after my last child and have found I can be more prone to feeling down since then).

I do agree with you though - I do associate happiness with food. Always have so it's good to realise things like that so I can be careful in future.

How are you feeling post WI?

oh thats interesting - so there is a science behind our moods , i like that makes me feel like its not just me losing it!!!

ohhh post natal depression is tough - a really good friend of mine had that and ina way i dont think its ever left her properly.

am feeling okay after weigh in, in a way happy that i know i can eat off plan for 6 days and only gain 2lb (makes me think my holiday in 2 months wont b so tough!) but i think next week will be the real test becasue if i dont see a big number or if i only lose the 2lb i gained i think i'll be pretty annoyed! but you live and learn eh!

so whats this slim and save - not heard of this! but it features 2 of my favourite words ha ha!

Lola x

Well done for resisting while your family chomped away! Its horrible when you dont have a choice and have to just sit by and watch :(
On the Slim & Save plan it says to have 3 shakes and a small meal like SS+ Would you being doing that or just sticking to three a day?

It was very horrible! But I survived - yay!!! Feeling much more positive today, maybe it's the omega supplement kicking in?

As for the Slim & Save plan the paperwork that came with it says "There are 2 difference programmes for women '3 items per day' or '4 items per day'. If you have purchased the 3 items per day you will be getting between 400 & 500 calories per day so with this we recommend also consuming 100g of chicken breast or turkey (grilled or steamed without skin), tinned or fresh tuna, salmon or any white fish grilled or steamed."

So I'm taking the 'recommend' part lightly and NOT eating a meal. I figure it's the same as CD so can't hurt. They also recommend that after 12 weeks you must take at least a week break (so similar to CD too). In addition they say that you may also have 150ml of skimmed milk (which you can use to make up their porridge/oatmeal) or in teas or coffees, even their shakes etc.

Worth a try I feel as it's so much cheaper.

oh thats interesting - so there is a science behind our moods , i like that makes me feel like its not just me losing it!!!

ohhh post natal depression is tough - a really good friend of mine had that and ina way i dont think its ever left her properly.

am feeling okay after weigh in, in a way happy that i know i can eat off plan for 6 days and only gain 2lb (makes me think my holiday in 2 months wont b so tough!) but i think next week will be the real test becasue if i dont see a big number or if i only lose the 2lb i gained i think i'll be pretty annoyed! but you live and learn eh!

so whats this slim and save - not heard of this! but it features 2 of my favourite words ha ha!

Lola x

Yup, got to love a bit of science :) This is my 3rd day of taking them and I have to say I'm feeling much more up beat and positive today, don't know if it's the supplement or not.

Slim & Save - well, it's like CD but much, much cheaper! A week's worth (21 items) of S&S is £29.99, plus p&p which is £3.99 for next day delivery (if I remember correctly) which is much cheaper than CD - but if you order 28 days worth then it works out at at £24.75 (plus p&p obviously) so can save quite a lot. There is no diet councilor and you have to weigh yourself but for me personally I'm doing this under my own strength anyway and my CDC is no help - and what I save each week will buy more clothes for me once I reach goal!! :D

Day 20

Another busy day, this time putting together the Ikea furniture we bought yesterday. Busy days seem to work for me - less thinking about food time. Lol. However, I did wake up and realised that I'd been dreaming about eating food (hope it was just a dream and not sleep walking and ACTUALLY eating...). Dreamt I ate a massive pork pie... It is that totm though and I always massively crave carbs at that time - I usually want to eat pasties and pies, anything with pastry. Also getting fed up of waking up a gazillion times to go to the toilet at night. Don't know what to do about that except drink less but I don't feel like I'm drinking too much, around 2-3l per day?

Breakfast: banana shake (CD)
Lunch: lemon, yoghurt & white chocolate bar (S&S) - really yummy, loved the whole lemony thing, made a real change
Supper: strawberry shake (CD)

WI tomorrow (last with my CDC although she doesn't know it yet :O)

Last edited:
Slim and save seems a bit better (I would bother having the meal either and just do a SS type thing!) The main thing Im interested is the meals because they are still only the same calories as a shake or soup, definately worth it if they are nice! I miss feeling like Im actually eating something! I will probably order the sample kit too and give it a go.

Im drinking about the same as you but I try not to drink much after about 6/7 because I find that helps a bit. But at work im up atleast every half hour to go!

hi jools!

so last weigh in today? are you defo switiching to slim and save? let us know how the weigh in goes

Lola x

hi jools!

so last weigh in today? are you defo switiching to slim and save? let us know how the weigh in goes

Lola x

Just got back and I've lost 2lbs. I know I shouldn't be disappointed but I am slightly :) but it is my totm so maybe that has something to do with it. I bought another weeks worth of CD products but I didn't make an appointment to go back and see her. I chickened out and said I would text, lol!

Will continue trying the S&S products over this week but so far everything I've had I've really liked. I'm going to try one of the meal thingys today - I'm a bit nervous for some reason so have been putting it off! Think it's because I'll be so disappointed if they are all horrible as I've not really liked any of the CD savoury soups so far. I'm getting a bit down with all the sweet stuff I'm consuming. I'm the sort of girl who can go to a restaurant and just live off the starters. I never order pudding :D

Oh, and I'm off down to mum's on Monday for the week. Really want to stay to plan and just do SS but my mum tries to sabotage me - buying me chocolates even when I tell her I don't want one! Grrrr... I'm going to need a 10/10 willpower rating for next week!

2 lbs is still going in the right direction so well done :)

Ohhh make sure you let us know what the S&S meal is like! I hope its nice! Ive been quite lucky and I like almost all the CD soups but I only like the choc and choc mint shakes. Stops me mising my little chocolate hits as much.
Im the same as you Jools anything savoury and I could eat it til I burst but Im not too fussed about sweet stuff. Hopefully you can have a nice time at your mums and not get too stressed out trying to avoid all the yummy food!

JoolsG said:
Oh, and I'm off down to mum's on Monday for the week. Really want to stay to plan and just do SS but my mum tries to sabotage me - buying me chocolates even when I tell her I don't want one! Grrrr... I'm going to need a 10/10 willpower rating for next week!

Congrats on the 2lb loss Jools!!! That's really good especially as its TOTM and prob got some water retention. It's all going in the right direction lovely ;)

Good luck with visiting u'r Mum - just stick to u'r guns and show her how strong u r :) probably best to take it a day at a time and after a couple of days she'll hopefully get the message that u'r really serious and committed to losing weight. My Dad has got a lot better in the last a week xxx

ChristyT said:
Congrats on the 2lb loss Jools!!! That's really good especially as its TOTM and prob got some water retention. It's all going in the right direction lovely ;)

Good luck with visiting u'r Mum - just stick to u'r guns and show her how strong u r :) probably best to take it a day at a time and after a couple of days she'll hopefully get the message that u'r really serious and committed to losing weight. My Dad has got a lot better in the last a week xxx

Thanks Christy, and yes 2lbs is good considering it's that totm, it is going in the right direction!

I am definitely going to stay strong next week. This diet is a killer, although some days not so bad, and I just want it over with. I figure the better I stick with it the quicker it will be all over :D Probably not the best attitude but it's keeping me focussed.

Back