Epic Fail

So id had a really crappy day 5 and 6 and was feeling awful.

Went for my weigh in and i had lost 8 and a half lbs.. not as much as i had hoped for.

And all the way home i kept thinking how it wasn't worth it, for how miserable I had been, how I was arguing with my better half and how often i was having to pee.. it felt like torture.

So i ate - all weekend... nothing silly.

The scales show ive gaind 3 pounds (which to be fair i was fluctuating more than that in a day anyway)

So now im trying again... but, im struggling really badly. I've only had one shake today, cos I just dont want them. I'd rather not eat then have them. Ive drank two pints of water, cos I dont want to pee all the time.

Honestly I don't know what to do.
Do i eat?
Do i try and stick to this diet knowing i'll be miserable??

Oh its also my TOTM ... so i suppose thats not helping... hurmpf :(

I seem to not even be able to go a day! How pathetic is that!!!!!!

:break_diet:

Hunny poor you, I have been lucky on this diet it agrees with me so I can't say I understand what you are going through, have you tried breaking the sachets down into several drinks (works for me). It will be worth it in the end if you can manage to get back on it.

Sorry to hear your struggling but what were your reasons for wanting to do this diet in the first place.........focus on them ....now measure them against how you are feeling now and howyou felt after eating....... which one wins? xxx and hugs etc

i was doing that but found by day 3 i didnt want to. I was finding it hard tow have all 3... and infact on day 6 only had two.

I know i can diet, cos i did the atkins for 4 months, and stuck to it like you wouldn't believe!

I so badly want to be able to do this... but it makes me so miserable!!!

Hi chick, so sorry to hear about your blip. I think ya have to take a long step back and think to yourself why ya are doing this diet, work out the pros and cons. It may work out that this diet is not for you. Cambridge diet is similar to this one but has more flavours to enjoy and if I heard right recently they also have porridge now, also ya can go on the 1200 calorie diet plan which allows ya to have a small pit of food so really ya may have the best of both worlds with that. I personally only take the chocolate shake as I am not very adventerous but I also find that it stops me craving chocolate or sweets which I would have normally been taking each day before I started this diet. It may be worth checking it out as ya are feeling miserable on this one. Is best to take one day at a time and to believe in what ya are doing. I honestly think 8lbs is better off than on and think ya are doing great, don't put yourself down. We all have had little blips and gosh I know all about them but just pick yourself up find out where ya are going wrong and ya can do it!! We are all here to support ya if ever need a chat and anytime ya are feeling peckish, log on here and we will try our best to talk ya out of it. Well done, if I can be of any further help just let me know,take care.

I dont get it - sorry, have you done another diet where you have lost more than 1/2 stone in a week?? I never had. i was delighted with my 7lbs loss in week one.

I can sympathise with struggling, i went through hell for first ten days, and misery for about 3 weeks, but it was worth it, (appreciated only in hindsight!)

if you really feel that you cant last out, look into cambridge diet. you can do tfr or shakes with food, i am on a shake/food mix with them now as in healthy bmi and want to lose just over another stone to finish off. it is slower weight loss, with food, but easier to follow.

after 13 weeks of tfr i needed to reintroduce food before i went crazy! i have to say i was worried about hunger but i haven't hardly noticed it, and get full up quick.

tfr is a valuable lesson to your body that helps you eat better/less, i reccommend sticking to it. however, if its too hard for you, then look into a food/shake based plan like LT maintenance or CD810 upwards.

good luck, and please, for heavens sake, actually congratulate yourself on a great loss in week 1 (the gain you show is mostly water, and weigh only on a morning before drinking/eating)

if you stick to tfr, you NEED all the shakes and water and will endadnger your health if you miss them (said with stern face and headmistress'y wave of finger!)

So, you were unhappy on the diet... and now you're not on it, you're still unhappy...? I can't believe you were unhappy with the weight you lost. 'Normal' weightloss is about 2lb a week. You lost 8.

Perhaps the diet isn't for you, but until you give it a chance, you won't know. The first week is gruesome, I'll give you that, the second week is marginally easier but after that, the weeks roll by and the fat rolls off.

Two little weeks doing full on TFR - in the great scheme of things, it isn't very much, it's doable.

But you have to WANT to do it.... hope you find what suits you, good luck.

Z xx

Its not going to happen overnight no matter how much you wish. 10% in one week is pretty good you know! This is faster than usual but its not instant!
It is different from atkins- its rigorous and introspective and when the time is right, its just the right thing.
In the meantime though watch what you're eating and take control - starting in any little way you can....
Be nice to yourself too ok?

So id had a really crappy day 5 and 6 and was feeling awful.

Went for my weigh in and i had lost 8 and a half lbs.. not as much as i had hoped for.

And all the way home i kept thinking how it wasn't worth it, for how miserable I had been, how I was arguing with my better half and how often i was having to pee.. it felt like torture.

So i ate - all weekend... nothing silly.

The scales show ive gaind 3 pounds (which to be fair i was fluctuating more than that in a day anyway)

So now im trying again... but, im struggling really badly. I've only had one shake today, cos I just dont want them. I'd rather not eat then have them. Ive drank two pints of water, cos I dont want to pee all the time.

Honestly I don't know what to do.
Do i eat?
Do i try and stick to this diet knowing i'll be miserable??

Oh its also my TOTM ... so i suppose thats not helping... hurmpf :(

I seem to not even be able to go a day! How pathetic is that!!!!!!
8 Pounds is Great !! thats what I lost first week, second week 1 pound third wk 1 pound:eek:
I know exactly where your coming from I'm in the very same place as you. I want to stay on the diet but to lose the weight But I have broken the TFR too many times. Cooking for my family is the hardest for me.I will have to see how I get on sat for my weigh in a go from there.

Back