Epsom salt baths /Aromatherapy

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Debs1972, 13 July 2011 Social URL.

?

Do Epsom Salt baths for Weight loss work?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    none - just reduced calorie intake to 1400/ Hypnoband

I am finally back in the zone – I have been going to the gym every day apart from 2 days, since July 3rd and I am loving it. I ache like hell after doing 45 -60 mins but it will pay off in the end. I actually look forward to going and look forward to having a soak in the bath when I return.

I recently read that soaking in Epsom salt helps with weight loss/water retention.

I tried it last night and I added a blend aromatherapy oils that help with water retention/cellulite (took up aromatherapy 2 months ago but this is only the 2nd oil that I have mixed – still learning) and I soaked for 20 minutes. It was heaven, apart from the slip factor – I was slipping all over the place like an eel, it was relaxing and it smelt wonderful. I will keep doing the Epsom baths to see how if it really works for me.

Has anyone tried the Epsom salt baths?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Sparkles*

*Sparkles* **2015 is my Year!**

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    I've heard too that it's good for water retention , I struggle to find them tho , where did u buy the salts?

4. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    I bought Epsom salt & dead sea salt ( which is also supposed to be good) online at holland & barratt. I have also bought Epsom salt from boots chemist.

5. *Sparkles*

*Sparkles* **2015 is my Year!**

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Thanks hun, will try and source some as i suffer from terrible water retention xx

6. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    I've been trying to find out the recommend weekly use of the salts but keep finding conflicting info. 2-3 days then 3-4 days. I may just do every other day

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.