Erratic Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lilack, 15 September 2008 Social URL.

1. lilack

lilack Member

Overall I'm happy with what I've lost so far (30lbs in 9 weeks) but it's certainly not following a steady pattern! Especially the last couple of weeks my weight loss seems to have slowed down. Is there anything I can do to give things a boost? I'm already drinking lots of water! Is it usual to go like this?

I did eat while I was on holiday but reasonably healthily. Put on 7lbs but then lost 14lbs the week after. Since then I haven't lost anything even though I have been SSing 100%.

wk1 6lbs
    wk2 4lbs
    wk3 6lbs
    wk4 5lbs
    wk5 2lbs
    wk6 - no wi (on holiday)
    wk7 put on 7lbs!! (effects of holiday!)
    wk8 14lbs (wow! & was totm)
    wk9 0lbs (and had stuck to SS 100%)
    wk10 - wi tomorrow but looks like sts or maybe 1lb loss on my scales

Anisah likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Lilack, looks as if you have been doing really well. Sometimes the scales do stay the same but its better than putting it on. Have you checked the tape measure? You could be losing inches.

Well done so far.

4. kate1982

kate1982 Member

Hi thabks for asking the question. Ive lost 30lb in 8 weeks but I feel its going so slow!! Some people lose it really quickly! I wanna be one of those people lol
    Do you exercise? I generally walk loads as my job involves this but other than that I don't do much, maybe thats why???
    But I do measure myself if I feel the scales are against me and I am usually pleasantly surprised!
    Hope all goes well at WI, talk with your cdc if you still have unanswered questions
    Kate
    xoxox

5. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi - if you look at other peeps tickers you will see that most people are erratic! Some say it's down to not drinking enough water. But I guess most of us loose erratically. Just as long as the scales are going down each month you are doing well.
    XX

6. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    wow! 14lbs is a massive loss! maybe your body is a bit shocked and hanging on for a bit. give it time and you will get into a rhythm again.

don't be disheartened-whether you lose 14lb, 1lb or stay the same, you are still slimmer than you were :D you should be proud! x

7. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I agree with the others, i think your doing really well and as for loosing a stone in a week - holy cow!

Defintely measure yourself as it can show in inches when you have had a slow week.

8. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    wow your really doing well measure yourself your bound to see the difference x

9. spooky

spooky Banned

Work out your average weekly losses! 30lb in 9 weeks is more than 3lb a week!

Measuring is important too - inch loss on the weeks where there is little actual weight loss!

10. lilack

lilack Member

Thanks for all your supportive comments! I was very surprised when I lost 14lbs in a week - never mind my body! I actually think something went wrong with the weigh in the week before as according to my scales I hadn't put on as much as 7lbs.

Strangely, I have started exercising more in the last couple of weeks - as the children have gone back to school. Maybe my fat is turning to muscle!

And I know I've lost inches as my clothes are looser. I suppose (like everyone else) I just wish it would be loads every week!

11. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    I am erratic too! big loss, little loss, big loss just to gain is back in the next couple of days. I had a weigh in today4 days early as my CDc is going on holiday and her scales say I have put on 5 lb over my scales. I am not worried though. I know I am not doing anything wrong and my average weight loss will be good, some people do seem to have 3-4 lb a week, but many seem to have 8 or 9lb one week and 2 or 3 the next. I am going to wait until Thursday to put in my next weigh in, but I wouldn't be surprised if I put on as I thought last weeks 10lb loss was a bit steep!

12. scarlet38

scarlet38 Member

I seem to be erratic too, i have been doing ss for 8 weeks now, just got weighed tonight and lost another 3lbs, so have lost 33 ponds in total, but it is never consistent. When we went away for weekend, and i stuck to diet rigidly, walked loads i stayed the same!!! only difference then was it was totm. when i see that some people lose 7 + pounds a week it is frustrating, but i am getting there eventually, and for first time in my life, scales are still going down 8 weeks after starting!!!

13. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    For me I have found that I have to stay off of the scales except for weigh-ins. I get too disappointed if I show no loss or show I am up. But I know that if I stick to the program, I will lose. I also tend to "play" with what I can get away with if I weigh daily.
    edi

14. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    edideebeedee good point, I am trying not to do the daily weigh, cos if I see I have lost 4lbs in 2 days, my head says 'well you can cheat a bit, with a bit more protein a bit more veg', so no, am going to try and not weigh for a couple of weeks and stick to the diet as best I can

15. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    angie, when i was weighing more often it was way too stressful me trying to keep up with my oh lost a bit i can eat a bit and a bit and...........well you know. I have reduced my stress level so much by only weighing at weigh-in. Keeps me from having to do the math because of the scales not matching up. Used to weigh at Curves each time I went and their scales weighed me more, by about 2.5 lbs, than my dr. office scales. I couldn't take that. (I am on optifast and go to drs office each week for weigh-ins and group discussion meeting)

Last edited: 16 September 2008
  16. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think we should also consider that as we lose weight our bodies have a lot to cope with.
    Its very simple to say, 5lbs off 3 lbs off, etc but our bodies are very busy burning, distrubuting, digesting, eliminating, growing, renewing, etc everything that goes on in our bodies takes energy, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little and it isnt an instant thing.
    If we stick with the CD we will come out lighter than we were when we started. I dont think we should really obsess when we gain a little either if we haven't cheated, because the body is obviously busy doing something. Hang in there and the weight will come off.
    Lynne x

17. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It's much better than gaining weight which probably what would have been happening if not on CD. So even if it's one pound a week that's better than a pound gained.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.