Eurmillions Raffle

No - before you get excited - I haven't won!!

I have discovered something odd about Euromillions raffle, and I am wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

I haven't bothered with Euromillions much before - occasionally buying a ticket if I am in the supermarket on a Friday, but for some reason last week I bought a ticket covering the Tuesday and Friday draws for the next three weeks.

When I checked the Raffle number on the first draw, the winning number began with an F, and the number on my ticket began with an F. Fine, except I didn't win!

But on the second draw, last night, the winning number began with a G. When I looked on the website at previous results I saw that they change the initial letter for every draw. So the next one will be H.

So my three week paid in advance ticket only had that one chance of winning the raffle, but if I had bought tickets individually for each draw (which I will definitely do in future!) then I would have had a chance of winning every time.

Ok, I know it's a long shot and the odds of winning are ridiculously long, but it would be nice to at least have a chance!

I have emailed the lottery people to ask for an explanation, but meanwhile I would be interested to know if anyone has any comments.

Personally I wouldnt touch the Euromillions with a barge pole. There was a thing on TV or in the paper last week highlighting that the shops were sent posters saying the next jackpot was a rollover BEFORE the previous draw had taken place :eek: It wasnt just a generic poster sent out it had something like 'May 8th jackpot is a rollover - estimated win £120million' (or words to that effect) yet the 'May 1st' draw hadnt taken place, so how could they know??

ooh interesting... i used to sell lotto tickets where i worked and it was always the same people who won, same goes with scratchies! xx

Starlight that's really interesting!! Do you reckon that they send out the literature anyway? Or is it some sort of scam??

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

I do remember that being discussed on one of the progs on TV. Sounds a bit odd doesn't it?
I tend not to go in for any of these lotteries as I get terribly disappointed when I don't win anything and then think of all the money I have spent and could have in my bank account instead. I know that makes me a bit of a stingy person!...:D

My OH calls the lottery a tax on the poor ( cos if you were rich you wouldn't need to win it) keep trying to remind him we are actually fairly poor, but he still doesn't like me buying tickets,

On the euromillons - i think we actually pay more for a ticket here than you do in mainland europe - so i tend to avoid that one on principal.

I usually buy my tickets online and did wonder why there was only one raffle number but assumed the same pool of raffle numbers were used each week. If thats not the case a bit miffed at being charged the extra fifty p on each line of ticket when only one out of four weeks is relevant. Scamming *******!!

I do remember that being discussed on one of the progs on TV. Sounds a bit odd doesn't it?
I tend not to go in for any of these lotteries as I get terribly disappointed when I don't win anything and then think of all the money I have spent and could have in my bank account instead. I know that makes me a bit of a stingy person!...:D
this is me exactly! haha xxx

Back